Author Topic: (Stay) At Home with Amy Sedaris, season 3  (Read 346 times)

Ant Farm Keyboard

• 60 percent of the time, it works every time
(Stay) At Home with Amy Sedaris, season 3
« on: May 18, 2020, 10:28:09 AM »
Just a reminder that the third season of At Home with Amy Sedaris starts this Wednesday night in the US.
Based on the pace the previous episodes found their way into some shady methods of viewing, expect a couple more days before they get available outside the US.

I hope that this third season will be more consistent than the second. The first half of S2 was stellar, but at some point, after the Anniversary special, the show became much less inventive. At least, we should get more Ronnie Vino, more Patty Hogg, more Chassie Tucker, more Ruth, the lady who lives in the woods, but I'm also praying for the return of John Early as the community theater teacher with more videos about drugs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAj-prpKipM

Ant Farm Keyboard

Re: (Stay) At Home with Amy Sedaris, season 3
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 03:58:06 PM »
I've just seen the premiere, "Babies". It wasn't a standout episode, but it was perfectly fine. They had the right balance for guest stars (Laura Benanti, Jane Krakowski, Justin Theroux) or the recurring characters.

There also appears to have some creative changes on the show. Paul Dinello isn't credited on this episode in any capacity. There are a few new writers, but the only name that's ringing a bell is Peter Grosz, who was previously the head writer on The President Show (in addition to playing Mike Pence). That may be why there are so many glimpses of Amy's various neuroses and a few great throwaway lines.

Small Man Big Horse

• Writers wanted for comedy website, pls click below
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 04:23:07 PM »
I really enjoyed it, the recurring characters were great to see, I'm very, very fond of John Early's community theatre teacher too, and Patty and Leslie shone in the baby naming segment. It might have underused Jane Krakowski and Justin Theroux but both were fun to see, and in general it made me laugh a lot so I'm pleased to have it back.

Ant Farm Keyboard

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 05:18:39 PM »
They had to cut an epilogue for time reasons, but the photos have been posted on the Instagram account for the show.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAibHhcFCVv/

Tags: