Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,475
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:50:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Barclay's Wank(ers)

Started by Blumf, May 18, 2020, 10:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blumf

Like an exceptionally shite episode of Howard's Way:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52699018
QuoteCCTV footage allegedly showing Sir Frederick Barclay's nephew handling a bugging device at London's Ritz hotel has been released.

The footage is at the centre of a bitter legal row between the families of the billionaire Barclay twins.

Sir Frederick, 85, and his daughter Amanda are suing three of Sir David Barclay's sons for invasion of privacy.
Sir Frederick, the elder twin by 10 minutes, and his daughter Amanda are suing Sir David Barclay's sons - Alistair, Aidan and Howard, Aidan's son Andrew, and Philip Peters, a board director of the Barclay group for invasion of privacy, breach of confidence and data protection laws.

The claim stems from a falling out between the children of the famously private twins.

Couldn't happen to a better collection of cut rate Bond villains.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_and_Frederick_Barclay

Blumf

Interesting read, thanks.

Going to be interesting to see this unwind. Looks like most of their business are not doing well, but it's all propped up with their 'tax efficient' web of off-shore companies. If the kids can't play nice, then that mess must be set to collapse.

Sebastian Cobb

Interesting, they were building an empire in Glasgow near The Laurieston and doing that big company thing of recruiting lots of people then figuring out what to do with them afterwards.

Between them, JP Morgan and Morgan Stanley they've caused a lot of churn in the local software development industry and effectively redefined the local market rate. After considering whether it should pay staff more (they seemed to have plenty of cash to farm out app development to a third party) my previous employer remembered they had an office in Dundee and started recruiting there instead.

Blinder Data

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 18, 2020, 02:45:07 PM
Interesting, they were building an empire in Glasgow near The Laurieston and doing that big company thing of recruiting lots of people then figuring out what to do with them afterwards.

Between them, JP Morgan and Morgan Stanley they've caused a lot of churn in the local software development industry and effectively redefined the local market rate. After considering whether it should pay staff more (they seemed to have plenty of cash to farm out app development to a third party) my previous employer remembered they had an office in Dundee and started recruiting there instead.

Wrong Barclays, mate

Sebastian Cobb

Wait are the ones that own the papers not the same ones that own the banks? Fuck my hat.

Twit 2

To make matters more confusing, the NatWest sisters own the Financial Times.

The Barclays own the Scunthorpe Times. 

Icehaven

Are they still pissing off the locals on their island? I stopped reading Private Eye a while back so I'm not that up on their antics anymore.

Ambient Sheep

I'm not sure, but if so, then only one of them is.  For (as I've only learnt myself from this coverage in the last few days, despite still reading Private Eye), they no longer live together, and haven't for a few years.