Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:13:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Over the top shit-tier presenting from the 2000's

Started by Sebastian Cobb, May 18, 2020, 03:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Before reality tv became so industrialised by ITV etc to the point it can influence people just to have surgery to go on it before they all go mad and commit suicide, we had backwater channels knocking out new content in the corners of this newish thing called Sky Digital where over the top hosts would do hammy pieces to camera.

E.g. this mad bit of garish alliterative fat-shaming.

https://twitter.com/harrisonjbrock/status/1261041785389887492

https://twitter.com/adampfc_/status/1261280099204313090

This is intended to be a dumping round for crap presenting we can look at in horror, rather than specifically unpleasant hectoring it's just the starting point that gave me the idea for the thread.

lankyguy95

Saw that on Twitter the other day. It's super aggressive and unpleasant, in a way that people are a little more subtle about on TV shows now, even if the undertones are similar.

For some reason the only OTT shit presenting I can think of at this moment is the much repeated Kilroy Silk "share or shaft" clip.

Sebastian Cobb

I think I find the pseudo-alliterative prose quite fascinating. It only really works if you let it fly over you quickly and don't think about it at all.

Sebastian Cobb

Ha! Although I thought JLC was a bellend back then I did sort of enjoy that at the time. I think it bought Roland back into the limelight, later appearing on 18 Stone of Idiot. Before JLC did his abusive stuff so he was just an annoyance at that point.

petril

aye, he always seemed like the Wanker you tolerate at a house party because he's not actively harming or ruining anything, just piping up with shite patter in conversations, but easily discouraged

Jockice

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 19, 2020, 03:31:55 PM
I think it bought Roland back into the limelight, later appearing on 18 Stone of Idiot.

Did you only want to be his friend?

Dewt

JLC is on tape being massively verbally abusive to his partner though

Sebastian Cobb

I think given we were both quite obviously discussing our appraisals of him before that came to light, we know?

Jim Bob

I don't think anyone knows this but JLC was abusive towards his partner, FYI.

Bazooka

Quote from: Jim Bob on May 20, 2020, 02:41:52 PM
I don't think anyone knows this but JLC was abusive towards his partner, FYI.

No you have it all wrong, it was Alan Carr who wouldn't let JLC face him when sleeping.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Jockice on May 20, 2020, 07:33:29 AM
Did you only want to be his friend?

Twitter was celebrating his 50th the other day, seeing as it's relevant.