Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 12:50:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cook'd and Bomb'd Mafia: Blodwyn's Island Day 4 - End O' Times

Started by BlodwynPig, May 19, 2020, 09:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

****OFFICIAL BLODWYN'S ISLAND MERCH COMING JUNE 1ST****

Cerys

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on May 19, 2020, 11:22:08 AM
Back in your cell, townie!

No cell for Charlie - he's dead. You can defile his corpse with a cigar, though, if it makes you happy.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Cerys on May 19, 2020, 11:28:41 AM
No cell for Charlie - he's dead. You can defile his corpse with a cigar, though, if it makes you happy.

The real cigar man still roams the island..."now then now then, Jim"

that's an odd synchronicity - do you think Hungerford was a play on Savile "Now, look here Jim"?

Paul Calf

Quote from: Cerys on May 19, 2020, 11:21:21 AM
Yeah, thanks to all ... except you.  You know who you are, you island-invading suspicion-avoiding cunt.

You were onto me right from the beginning :)

Cerys

But without any real evidence, you nimble little minx, you.

It was your fence sitting Cerys that made me suspect you as Scum. I think if you had gone for some targets a bit harder I wouldn't have suspected you.

For clarifaction most of votes were for pressure plays, rather than any real thoughts on who were scum. Which is why i went for Jim bob straight away, as hes the one I know personally the best, and I know he dosnt think like me at all. Hes a very independent man in thought and gets quite emotinal in arguments. he has passion for his beliefs, so for me thats why I knew he was Town.

I knew Bulligan was town for similar reasons, as again she can get quite emotinal in arguments.

I think my biggest weakness in play has been an Anlytical Logical Mafia player. Something which both Sploff and Drummersaredeaf have and as this is very close to my own personality I tend to naturally find Kinship with. Which is why I bonded so well with Gib. A big lesson for me is to be weary of forming a friendship bandwagon. Thats what think did me in.

The Scum team played very well. Rue and Kittens were liek scarfical pawns, with Paul Calf and Drummersaredeaf playing a very well balanced game, but we are all pretty much newbies at this game and the only faliure really in the game is not to learn from your mistakes. The more you play the more the meta will change. 

BlodwynPig

There now follows a statement from the defeated leader of the opposition.

Quote from: Keir Starmer on July 02, 2024, 03:33:10 AM
It was your fence sitting Cerys that made me suspect you as Scum. I think if you had gone for some targets a bit harder I wouldn't have suspected you.

For clarifaction most of votes were for pressure plays, rather than any real thoughts on who were scum. Which is why i went for Jim bob straight away, as hes the one I know personally the best, and I know he dosnt think like me at all. Hes a very independent man in thought and gets quite emotinal in arguments. he has passion for his beliefs, so for me thats why I knew he was Town.

I knew Bulligan was town for similar reasons, as again she can get quite emotinal in arguments.

I think my biggest weakness in play has been an Anlytical Logical Mafia player. Something which both Sploff and Drummersaredeaf have and as this is very close to my own personality I tend to naturally find Kinship with. Which is why I bonded so well with Gib. A big lesson for me is to be weary of forming a friendship bandwagon. Thats what think did me in.

The Scum team played very well. Rue and Kittens were liek scarfical pawns, with Paul Calf and Drummersaredeaf playing a very well balanced game, but we are all pretty much newbies at this game and the only faliure really in the game is not to learn from your mistakes. The more you play the more the meta will change.

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 19, 2020, 12:28:43 PM
There now follows a statement from the defeated leader of the opposition.

I let you into a little secret, you know when I asked you in PM if a banned player would be subbed. i was thinkign of getting myself banned in order to get subbed so that the new player would have the link with gib anymore.

I was also thinking last night that i was going to vote Blodwyn Pig today as being the real Mafia. For not actually putting any Mafia in the game at all and this was all just a practical joke. 

gib

can't believe i fell for the idea that Ashbury would be no good at pretending

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on May 19, 2020, 12:32:09 PM

I let you into a little secret, you know when I asked you in PM if a banned player would be subbed. i was thinkign of getting myself banned in order to get subbed so that the new player would have the link with gib anymore.

I was also thinking last night that i was going to vote Blodwyn Pig today as being the real Mafia. For not actually putting any Mafia in the game at all and this was all just a practical joke.

1/2D chess, friend, 1/2D chess

Ferris also left a clue very early on in the game - 100 quid if anyone spots it.

Would have loved to be subversive and do that, but I think some mental breakdowns may have occurred - I was toying with a meta event taking over the game at some point, but the actual game was quite a rollercoaster in and of itself.

Cuellar

Ferris said he was going to 'eat biscuits' - but he can't have known at that stage, surely?!

I didn't want to arrange it so there were pawns in play, but it became evident early on that me and Paul were pretty much in.

You'll see it in the threads, but mostly I just wanted as much mud about as possible, which could only have helped us. Being an information game - you get it from our death. So what kind of trail can you leave in your wake? A muddy one, that's what. Which is why I wanted rue and kittens to fight their own corner when the light was on them. It falls on everyone eventually, so keep the amount of shared info limited for an Invader win. I essentially adopted the same approach I would as town - asking questions and shining the light. And keeping focus on pointless discussions while looking like I was doing the exact opposite.

I was also mindful at any given moment my approach could have hurt us too, of course. But I thought Rue might have caught fire and it was a case of managing that. Any attack on me would have left the water seriously muddy too. I saw my role as Tom Hagen essentially.

Kryton

Cerys

Oh, hell yeah.  The gradual disintegration was beautiful.

gib

I'm no longer in shock so feel ready to say very well played Invaders and thanks for a great game Blodders and earl.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Cerys on May 19, 2020, 01:34:34 PM
Oh, hell yeah.  The gradual disintegration was beautiful.

Lucky that you all played exactly into my VISION for the game. If the invaders had been whittled down I would have struggled to put a positive spin on the intros and outros

rue the polywhirl

I managed to be on the winning side thanks to some enormous strokes of luck.

First of all being on a great team etc. I definitely credit the victory to their efforts.

On day 1 Delete produced a list of quietest players and he actually miscounted my single post of one and should have marked me as joint quietest with rizla but thankfully he just singled out rizla. Not to mention I was guilty of the fluff posting that ferris was warning of.

I thought I was complete toast when delete and gib started inquisitioning me on day 2 and thankfully the gentlest of defending from Paul Calf helped to neutralise it ever so slightly.

The last second vote from Dr Greggles on day 2 was absolutely decisive in securing our numbers for the following day. I consider myself very fortunate not to be vig killed night 2 and on night 3. I bet I would have been sniped by the vig if greggles hadn't voted.

Also I'm amazed at the energy and thoroughness delete put into the game but thankfully drummersaredeaf was his perfect foil and played a superb game throughout.

Jim Bob

I guess I should have revealed myself as town cop yesterday.  I was planning on doing so today.  Just so you know, I had investigated three people and got the following results...

NIGHT 1: Paul Calf (confirmed townie) - I didn't suspect him of being the Minotaur at all, I must admit!

NIGHT 2: Rue the Polywhirl (confirmed scum)

NIGHT 3: kittens (confirmed scum)

I strongly suspected that Kryton (or maybe Cerys) and DrGreggles were the two remaining scum.  They didn't half make themselves look guilty (particularly the latter)!

Ah, well.  Well played, scum.

Jim Bob

If I had to single out the main reason as to why we failed, it would be gib the vig.  Took out a townie every single night.  For a supposed pro, that was a really bad show, there.  Again though, in hindsight I really ought to have revealed myself as town cop yesterday.  I honestly didn't think that gib would go and kill another townie in the night though, especially when I and others explicitly told him to not do so unless he was sure.

I wonder what the merit would of been had gib chosen to follow my stategic play of not killing on night one. It would of left madhair in the game, but hes genrelly kinda quiet in the last game he was in, so may of proven even more of a distraction.

Quote from: Jim Bob on May 19, 2020, 02:03:34 PM
If I had to single out the main reason as to why we failed, it would be gib the vig.  Took out a townie every single night.  For a supposed pro, that was a really bad show, there.  Again though, in hindsight I really ought to have revealed myself as town cop yesterday.  I honestly didn't think that gib would go and kill another townie in the night though, especially when I and others explicitly told him to not do so unless he was sure.
Do be fair, i think it would of been very hard to stop a pile on to me on the last Day.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on May 19, 2020, 02:26:18 PM
I wonder what the merit would of been had gib chosen to follow my stategic play of not killing on night one. It would of left madhair in the game, but hes genrelly kinda quiet in the last game he was in, so may of proven even more of a distraction.

I think it's utterly senseless to make a vig kill on night 1, unless some fool has proper outed themselves as a scum player, you're statistically much more likely to off a townie.  I think that people think that just because they have a special power, that it would be a waste not to use it.  Whereas they ought to remember that not using that power is a valid tactical decision, just as much as making use of it.  We lost 3 townies due to vigilante kills and not a single scum.  At that point, the vig may as well be playing for the other side.  We'd still be in the game were it not for those vigilante kills and I would have been able to reveal my information as a cop, handing the townies two confirmed scum on a silver platter.  Frustrating.

Jim Bob

Having said that, all of us townies made mistakes this game and as always, lessons have been learned.

chveik

I reckon you should've outed yourself as the cop yesterday.

Jim Bob

Quote from: chveik on May 19, 2020, 02:42:06 PM
I reckon you should've outed yourself as the cop yesterday.

Agreed and already stated twice...

Quote from: Jim Bob on May 19, 2020, 02:00:04 PM
I guess I should have revealed myself as town cop yesterday.

Quote from: Jim Bob on May 19, 2020, 02:03:34 PM
Again though, in hindsight I really ought to have revealed myself as town cop yesterday.

Just to reveal my thinking on delaying my reveal; the reason I chose not to out myself yesterday was because I felt pretty darn sure that kittens was scum and wanted to have 2 confirmed scum before outing myself, so I waited to be able to investigate kittens last night.  I was really looking forward to outing myself as the cop today and handing over two scum players.  Alas, it was not to be.

chveik

oh yeah sorry

well played scum. I knew cropgate was bullshit but for the rest it was very hard to tell. I would never haver suspected kittens and drummers

Cerys

Cropgate was what finally convinced me Buellers was a wrong 'un.  I figured the whole thing was geared towards drowning out any in-thread investigation, so I kept hoping that she'd trip herself up - while what she may have been doing was making a big deal of it in the hope that those she was accusing would trip themselves up.  As it happened, we were both on a hiding to nothing.  Note to self - don't get fixated on one suspect without actually voting to lynch them - otherewise it just looks like a petty squabble that only serves to help the actual scum.

Jim Bob

Quote from: chveik on May 19, 2020, 02:45:51 PM
I knew cropgate was bullshit

Every but Buelligan herself knew that was bullshit.  Even the scum in their private thread were baffled by it.