Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:58:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cook'd and Bomb'd Mafia: Blodwyn's Island Day 4 - End O' Times

Started by BlodwynPig, May 19, 2020, 09:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Jim Bob on May 19, 2020, 02:43:48 PM
Agreed and already stated twice...

Just to reveal my thinking on delaying my reveal; the reason I chose not to out myself yesterday was because I felt pretty darn sure that kittens was scum and wanted to have 2 confirmed scum before outing myself, so I waited to be able to investigate kittens last night.  I was really looking forward to outing myself as the cop today and handing over two scum players.  Alas, it was not to be.
I can see why you were gettign so frustrated, when I iniated the first pile on your way.
I hope you know it was in order for me to confrim your innocence.

madhair60

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 19, 2020, 10:02:18 AM
ha ha - Madhair you big softy "threatening PM" indeed....

Just doing a joke mate - good game.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on May 19, 2020, 02:54:24 PM
I can see why you were gettign so frustrated, when I iniated the first pile on your way.
I hope you know it was in order for me to confrim your innocence.

I understand the thinking behind your actions.  I don't agree with the tactic though.  I think that this game had demonstrated that instigating pile-ons to weed out information is not an effective strategy.

earl_sleek

I don't think it works in all situations, but it was certainly effective for proving you were town.

gib

Quote from: Jim Bob on May 19, 2020, 02:03:34 PM
If I had to single out the main reason as to why we failed, it would be gib the vig.  Took out a townie every single night.  For a supposed pro, that was a really bad show, there.  Again though, in hindsight I really ought to have revealed myself as town cop yesterday.  I honestly didn't think that gib would go and kill another townie in the night though, especially when I and others explicitly told him to not do so unless he was sure.

no argument with that except to say at no point did i claim to be any good at this game

Well played invaders, don't think I'd have ever guessed drummers was one.

Thanks for letting me take part.

Jim Bob

Quote from: gib on May 19, 2020, 03:44:57 PM
no argument with that except to say at no point did i claim to be any good at this game

Heh, good point.  It's true; it's the rest of us who assumed that you must be an elite pro at the game and projected that onto you, rather unfairly perhaps.

gib

Quote from: Jim Bob on May 19, 2020, 04:25:30 PM
Heh, good point.  It's true; it's the rest of us who assumed that you must be an elite pro at the game and projected that onto you, rather unfairly perhaps.

it's good to put that to bed really

BlodwynPig

Really enjoyed reading the threads, best one yet.

One thing I was confused about was why Buelligan voted for herself, was it a sacrifice to save someone else?

gib

Exciting CaB Mafia Announcement

One of the world's finest GMs, if not the finest GM in the world, has kindly offered to run a game here. Please make her very welcome when she turns up. The game will be a semi-open setup, which leaves more room for scum to fakeclaim than a closed setup. Please keep an eye open for the sign up thread.

I even thought twice about editing that when I realised I'd got the quote a little wrong.

It's really tempting, but I promised myself I would swerve another if there was one. Being a baddie took up a LOT of mental space. I was determined to win and was refreshing threads all over the show in a way I didn't in the first half-completed game. I genuinely felt like Glinner waiting for Jon Ronson to say something vaguely foolish - "Lads, lads, lads - Ferris is taken in by me hahahaha" etc.

I was two screening it, minecraft on one screen, Mafia game on the other.

oblivion

Quote from: gib on May 19, 2020, 05:52:02 PM
Exciting CaB Mafia Announcement

One of the world's finest GMs, if not the finest GM in the world, has kindly offered to run a game here. Please make her very welcome when she turns up. The game will be a semi-open setup, which leaves more room for scum to fakeclaim than a closed setup. Please keep an eye open for the sign up thread.

You are faaaaar too kind, gib!

And hello! I am here! This game will be Star Trek: TNG themed. There will be a list of possible roles in the game listed in the sign-up thread, which I'll start in a bit.

Kryton

Quote from: oblivion on May 19, 2020, 06:38:49 PM
You are faaaaar too kind, gib!

And hello! I am here! This game will be Star Trek: TNG themed. There will be a list of possible roles in the game listed in the sign-up thread, which I'll start in a bit.

Just want to say welcome!

Cerys

BlodwynPig

Kryton

Kryton

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Kryton on May 19, 2020, 07:36:45 PM
God, do I risk this again? I was all over the place.

You WON BEST PLAYER AWARD, what more do you want?!

I'd like another go but happy to stand aside if if someone new wants to play

Quote from: This isnt witty sorry on May 19, 2020, 07:39:47 PM
I'd like another go but happy to stand aside if if someone new wants to play

Get involved and tweak some tails!

Jim Bob

I've been waiting for a sign-up thread but in its absence; I'm in.

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on May 19, 2020, 07:42:42 PM
Get involved and tweak some tails!

Went well the first time didn't it?

Nah, I was ready to get stuck in on day 3 just didn't survive the night.