Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:50:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Star Trek: TNG Mafia Sign-up!

Started by oblivion, May 19, 2020, 09:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oblivion

I, the omipotent trickster, Q, have a new challenge for the crew of the Enterprise! Are you ready?

It doesn't matter if you are ready, the challenge will take place!

The upper limit on sign-ups is 21 players. If we don't get 21 sign-ups then I will design the game for the number of players who are signed up on Friday, May 25 at midnight BST. I'll spend the weekend finalizing the design for the number of players and the game will start on Monday, May 25.

I live on the West Coast of the United States, so am 8 hours behind the UK. To avoid sending myself into an abysmal spiral of insomnia, I want to time the day and night phases so that it doesn't involve me waking up at dark thirty am or staying up past midnight my time. So, a 28 hour day/20 hour night would work for me. The timing is negotiable as long as it doesn't involve me waking up and trying to do brain-intensive things in the wee hours of the morning.

My suggested day start and end times are:

Days: from 6 pm BST - 10 pm BST the following day
Night actions due: 10 pm BST - 5 PM BST the following day, giving me one hour to process stuff and put together the next day's OP.

Roles that May be in the Game

Cop

Deputy

Doctor

Nurse

Vigilante

Inventor

Psychologist

FBI Investigator

Ability Cop

Role Blocker

Bodyguard

Tracker

Watcher

Hider

Miller

Fruit Vendor

Psychologist

Serial Killer

Survivor

Poisoner

Role Blocker

Commuter

Neighbors

Neighborizer

Godfather

Vanilla (town or mafia)

Most of these roles could have the following modifiers:

X-shot: The player has a limited number of actions

Even or Odd night: The action can be taken on the specified schedule

Weak: The player will die if they target non-town players

Strong-willed: Action cannot be blocked

Strongman: Kill action cannot be prevented by a doctor or nurse

Most of the roles could be assigned to either town, scum, or 3rd party. Some of the roles could be duplicated and there could even be 2 of the same alignment (e.g., two commuters)

The roles that are specific to one alignment are: Cop (town), Godfather (mafia), Serial Killer, Survivor (3rd party). The Serial Killer win condition could be either Last Player Standing or Win if alive when the game ends.

Only roles/modifiers on the list above are guaranteed to be in the game. Some of the above roles/modifiers may not be in the game.

I look forward to designing and running this game for you!

Sign up by posting "In" in a reply to this thread. And ask any questions you'd like me to answer, as well.

BlodwynPig

Spoon of Ploff

Wasn't gonna... but yeah,,, please include me in the list of recruits

Spoon of Ploff

DrGreggles

earl_sleek

Edit: Working until half 10 the Tuesday and Wednesday, can't play.

Rizla

Jim Bob

Ensign here.  Reporting in for a tour of duty, Captain.

selectivememory

Yeah, I fancy another crack at it.

In

madhair60

shiftwork2

Oh mate. Serial killer? Let me think about it.

Cerys

Kryton

Kryton

And thanks for the effort thus far, dare I ask could we perhaps have some Blodwyn style artwork at dusk or dawn?

oblivion

Players

1. BlodwynPig
2. Spoon of Ploff
3. DrGreggles
4. earl_sleek
5. Delete Delete Delete
6. Rizla
7. Jim Bob
8. selectivememory
9. madhair60
10. Danger Man
11. Fishfinger
12. Gregory Torso
13. shiftwork2
14. Cerys
15. Kryton

This is filling more quickly than I anticipated. I can add some more player slots, with the caveat that games with 25 or more players require more complicated designs than smaller games. Are you up for that?

Quote from: Kryton on May 19, 2020, 10:32:11 PM
And thanks for the effort thus far, dare I ask could we perhaps have some Blodwyn style artwork at dusk or dawn?

I promise not to disappoint on the flavor side of the game!

oblivion

Quote from: This isnt witty sorry on May 19, 2020, 09:17:30 PM
Edit: Working until half 10 the Tuesday and Wednesday, can't play.

Is there another 28 hour range that would work better for you? As long as I don't have to actually function during the wee hours, I'm flexible on start time. And I don't want to impose times that are in the middle of the night for players, either.

Id cap it, as the longer the game goes on the more people are likely to drop out.

Kryton

Quote from: oblivion on May 19, 2020, 10:42:02 PM
Is there another 28 hour range that would work better for you? As long as I don't have to actually function during the wee hours, I'm flexible on start time. And I don't want to impose times that are in the middle of the night for players, either.

Whatever, you're the GM, you set the rules. :)

Quote from: oblivion on May 19, 2020, 10:42:02 PM

If the day ended at 1130 pm that'd give me about half an hour to catch up and vote.

Though, if I'm reading it right, I'd only really miss close of play day 1, day 2 would be starting Wednesday evening, right?

oblivion

Quote from: This isnt witty sorry on May 19, 2020, 11:35:13 PM

If the day ended at 1130 pm that'd give me about half an hour to catch up and vote.

Though, if I'm reading it right, I'd only really miss close of play day 1, day 2 would be starting Wednesday evening, right?

Day 1 starts 6 PM Monday and ends 10 PM Tuesday

Day 2 starts 6 PM Wednesday and ends 10 PM Thursday

etc.

So, I could extend the game day to end at 11:30 PM and either shorten the nights to 18.5 hours and start days at 6 pm. or keep the nights the same length and start the days at 7:30 pm.

Either would work just fine for me as long as it's ok with other players.

pancreas