Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 12:12:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Remember the 'man marries self' sketch from Jam?

Started by 13 schoolyards, May 07, 2005, 02:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

13 schoolyards

As found on Salon...

"There's one guy, here in New York City, who's not about to flee from his intended. That's because he is his intended. Meet Kevin Nadal, 26-year-old "psychologist and performance artist," who, according to an e-mail he sent last week, is kicking off "the hottest new trend to celebrate single life" by "getting married to himself" on Saturday, May 7, in Manhattan. Dress is black-and-white semiformal.

Nadal's save-the-date cum press release led me to his wedding Web page, where the mustachioed singleton poses loungily in a "Trust Me, I'm a Doctor" T-shirt. According to the Web site, "Friends and family are encouraged to fly into New York, in the same way that I am encouraged to fly to California or Michigan and Hawaii for their weddings ... But we won't be celebrating the love of two people; we will only be celebrating the love that one person has for himself, as well as the love that he has for his friends and family ... It's not just a party. It's my 'special day.' It's the day that a boy has been dreaming of all of his life."

I look forward to Nadal burying himself alive in a few months...

Big Jack McBastard

The pointless trivial lengths Americans will go to to get noticed.

"psychologist and performance artist" = Tit

The performing artist part is bad enough but throw in psychologist? Ugh... Thinks he's being wacky but totally believes in his own convictions on this. I'm guessing but 'Insufferable tit' seems like a more accurate description of this soon-to-be-self-wedded goon.

I remember the Devil in Cow and Chicken marrying himself  because the world was going to end that day and Adam West marrying his right hand in Family Guy <to his left hand> "Quiet down, you had your chance!" Why couldn't he have done something more apt like that?

The Fanciful Norwegian

QuoteThe pointless trivial lengths Americans will go to to get noticed.

Cough