Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:37:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Justice League - Snyder Cut to be released

Started by Custard, May 21, 2020, 10:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frajer

You've just reminded me about the epic cool slow-mo shot where a shirtless Aquaman, oceanic activist and saviour of the seas, necks a bottle of whiskey and then throws the empty... into the sea.

Maybe he summoned a beluga whale and said "stick that in the recycling will yer". But I doubt it.

chveik

the longer the better, I want to see the fanboys suffer

Glebe

I dunno, I reckon it can only be an improvement on the theatrical cut.

Chriddof

WHAT IF SUPERHEROES SAID THE FUCK WORD?
a Zack Snyder joint

Glebe

Quote from: Chriddof on January 31, 2021, 02:50:38 AMWHAT IF SUPERHEROES SAID THE FUCK WORD?
a Zack Snyder joint

Superheroes are no longer for kids!

dissolute ocelot

Forget black and white, surely it would be better if it was all black. Just a dark screen for 4 hours interspersed with swearwords, kapows, and incredibly obvious needle drops.

frajer

This ain't your grandpa's Batman!!!

Because your grandpa's Batman was actually a reassuring force for good, not a coked-up psycho who spends too much in the gym and puts anti tank guns on his car.

Custard

Amazing new look for Lego's Jokester!!!1

https://youtu.be/T6S68-WQug4

Long hair will make all the difference

samadriel

His face is out of focus!!! I certainly hope someone gets fired for that blunder!

Custard

Apparently he finally comes into focus during the credits when he moans directly at the camera, like Felix Bowness in Hi De Hi

frajer

Just deepfake Phoenix's face over Leto's. Jared may piss and moan but at his core he'll get it.

Custard

Hehe, all joking aside, giving him long hair is clearly a blatant attempt to make him more like Ledger or Phoenix's versions

YOU LIKED THOSE SO LIKE THIS TOO

I wonder if they've got rid of the shit tattoos, the gold teeth, and have put a shirt on him too?

Glebe

If they're removed the incredibly stupid 'Damaged' tattoo off his forehead that'll be a major improvement in itself.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

That might almost have worked, if it looked like a stamp or stencil on some broken goods. Something industrial looking. Instead they went with a script typeface.

samadriel

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on February 03, 2021, 05:12:00 PM
That might almost have worked, if it looked like a stamp or stencil on some broken goods. Something industrial looking.
Nah, there's no saving a forehead tattoo.

Ant Farm Keyboard

Quote from: Glebe on February 03, 2021, 05:03:48 PM
If they're removed the incredibly stupid 'Damaged' tattoo off his forehead that'll be a major improvement in itself.

They'll have a "Repaired" tattoo instead.

willbo

I used to feel bad about not liking Buffy in the 90s. I felt like in theory I should have loved it, I loved classic horror, I loved comic books, I loved self aware nerd humour, I loved action and cult TV. I liked vampires and gothic stuff. I felt like all my friends were into this thing that I should be loving alongside them. It always just felt like Saved by the Bell to me with added monster fights. I didn't really get the sarcastic humour. I thought the teens all sounded like middle aged comedians and I preferred my favourite 80s horrors like Elm St where the kids sounded like real kids.

Kelvin

Maybe a Monkey Paw cursed him to always look shit as The Joker.

Mister Six

Looks like they're trying to do the Joker from early on in the Grant Morrison run...

No strong feelings, except that the costume looks shit in black and white. And Leto will probably still be crap because he's still Jared Leto.

SOMK

Leno's Joker is the most realistic Joker, an early middle-aged Juggalo off their meds, of course he'd write 'damaged' on his forehead.

SOMK

Quote from: Kelvin on February 09, 2021, 06:15:25 PM

Maybe a Monkey Paw cursed him to always look shit as The Joker.

"How do magnets work?"

Kelvin

We based the look on Marilyn Manson. He's still cool, right?

Mister Six

Custard

Hehe, well, it's an improvement. Well done multi billion pound film makers

Can't wait for this car crash to air. Everything you read about it makes it sounds magical and hilarious. Can't wait!

I also did a big laugh at "Leno". It's the simple things in life. I think On Cinema's "Jared Lego" is still the funniest though

SteveDave

Custard

frajer

Heard a rumour in this cut Aquabro guffed in his coffin and it gave him permo pink-eye.

Mister Six

Aww, have they pussied out on doing it in B&W 4:3 then? That was going to be hilarious.

mothman

Aren't the Snyder Bros going to be terribly confused right now? Part of the film's appeal to them was some perception that Snyder was One Of Them - and now Whedon, who so wickedly corrupted their edgelord's vision, has been revealed to be Even More One Of Them! Error! Does not compute!

Ant Farm Keyboard

Snyder endorsed Biden in the election.

I hope there will be "Untitled Self Portrait" (the Batman's song from The Lego Movie) in a slowed down acoustic version in the intro.