Author Topic: Justice League - Snyder Cut to be released  (Read 16639 times)

Mister Six

• Golden Member
  • Ridiculously teacakes
Re: Justice League - Snyder Cut to be released
« Reply #180 on: February 16, 2021, 02:22:50 AM »
JFK was only six feet long lying down so it isn’t difficult, really.

Probably a couple of inches shorter than that, at the end.

« Reply #181 on: February 16, 2021, 08:07:27 PM »
can someone add a clip of Mike Love in the 70s dancing round the stage during a Beach Boys show into the trailer for this somewhere? Replace any and all shots of the Joker with Mike Love

The Roofdog

• you look and are as fat as meat ball
« Reply #182 on: February 17, 2021, 02:16:57 PM »
My brain cannot accept that the name Darkseid is supposed to be pronounced "darkside" and not "darkseed". If Snyder corrects this anomaly (either by changing the pronunciation or spelling, don't mind which) then I will fully forgive him for turning Superman into raw sewage.

My brain always makes it sounds like Cartman saying "West Si-eeed"

Kelvin

• The best bits of a pantomime horse
  • Silver Member
  • With skin the colour of a freshly peeled apple
« Reply #183 on: February 22, 2021, 05:28:09 PM »

Fucking LOL

« Reply #184 on: February 22, 2021, 05:32:55 PM »
There's no time to discriminate, kill every motherfucker that don't want no beeeeeeef.

Thomas

• please describe an encounter with a squirrel
« Reply #185 on: February 22, 2021, 09:44:59 PM »
The thorns inadvertently scratch his forehead in a way that happens to resemble the word DAMAGED.

« Reply #186 on: February 23, 2021, 08:41:22 AM »
https://screenrant.com/justice-league-movie-snyder-secret-superhero-cameo-details/

Anyone taking bets on who the secret superhero cameo will be from? I'd hope for Booster Gold (I've been watching the Justice League Action cartoons with my son and he's our favourite due to him being an absolute dickhead played by Diedrich Bader) but think he might be too colourful and fun for this. So I'm going to say it'll be "a" Green Lantern.

Shameless Custard

• PAUSE FOR THE JET
    • LastFM
« Reply #187 on: February 23, 2021, 10:36:28 AM »
***Potential spoilers in regards to the last post***

I reckon it's Martian Manhunter, as he's featured on a new comic cover with other heroes from the "Snyderverse"

I reckon he'll be played by Rik Waller

« Reply #188 on: February 23, 2021, 10:55:50 AM »
Martian Manhunter has long been talked about, with General Swanwick confirmed as having been Martian Manhunter this entire time.

So he's already cast. Harry Lennix.

A Green Lantern makes sense as a "surprise" as aside from a flashback in the Whedon cut, DC hasn't done any GL stuff since trying to do the shared universe thing.

Shameless Custard

• PAUSE FOR THE JET
    • LastFM
« Reply #189 on: February 23, 2021, 11:00:33 AM »
I could see Ryan Reynolds agreeing to play GL again, for the quick paycheck and simply cos he'd find it funny

Kelvin

• Silver Member
« Reply #190 on: February 23, 2021, 11:13:06 AM »
This Snyder Cut is only the beginning, isn't it. All these loose ends; Green Lantern, Darkseid, Martian Manhunter... it's all just going to be fuel on the fire of the fans that wanted that version to continue. And I suppose DC will just lean into it with animated films and comics and games.

« Reply #191 on: February 23, 2021, 11:28:51 AM »
I could see Ryan Reynolds agreeing to play GL again, for the quick paycheck and simply cos he'd find it funny

I think he has denied it is him on Twitter

« Reply #192 on: February 23, 2021, 11:42:13 AM »
If it was Green Lantern John Stewart, will it trigger a load of planks to moan "why have they made him black? The usual Hollywood woke bullshit!"?

Glebe

• Full of eastern promise.

AsparagusTrevor

• I'm fine, thank you.
« Reply #194 on: February 23, 2021, 04:17:19 PM »
If it was Green Lantern John Stewart, will it trigger a load of planks to moan "why have they made him black? The usual Hollywood woke bullshit!"?

It'd be really racist for Jon Stewart to black up, they'd be better off just getting Trevor Noah instead.

« Reply #195 on: February 23, 2021, 04:34:02 PM »
it'll be CGI Chris Reeves in Marlon Brando mode as a big head going "OOWAHMAMOOBLEFAR GOMMELAR"

« Reply #196 on: February 23, 2021, 06:50:11 PM »
I don't care how bad it is, I wanna see this now. So is there any chance of him being able to make another JL film if this does well?

« Reply #197 on: February 23, 2021, 06:52:04 PM »
***Potential spoilers in regards to the last post***

I reckon it's Martian Manhunter, as he's featured on a new comic cover with other heroes from the "Snyderverse"

I reckon he'll be played by Rik Waller

I was really surprised that MM had a big role in the Supergirl TV show

Magnum Valentino

• Formerly magval
« Reply #198 on: February 23, 2021, 06:55:24 PM »
I don't care how bad it is, I wanna see this now. So is there any chance of him being able to make another JL film if this does well?

Yeah. Studios don't give people projects out of goodwill no matter how tragic the circumstances. They expect big return on this.

Friend of mine said this was the first of a trilogy, so another two are likely if it does gangbusters, which it may not because of pandemic piracy.

Kelvin

• Silver Member
« Reply #199 on: February 23, 2021, 07:01:59 PM »
I doubt they'll make more DC films with Snyder. That's all far too tainted now. I think this Snyder Cut thing is just a way to promote that new channel they have, and with Snyder taking no fee for it, it's probably relatively low risk.

I think it's much more likely they'll reboot the universe sometime soon (probably in that Flash film, if it ever happens), and then flog a bunch of comics/animated films to the hardcore fans who really want to see Snyder's story continue.

« Reply #200 on: February 23, 2021, 11:08:01 PM »
Justice League: The Shocking, Exhilarating, Heartbreaking True Story of #TheSnyderCut.

Interesting read, that.

Thanks for this - a hypnotic read for its confluence of such money, talent, time and effort for something so strangely pointless. And I mean that in as much a good way as a bad one. I'm in such awe of how these enormous things - particularly troubled megafilms like this - even get made.

I did cackle at this, though:

'We had this beautiful speech where [Bruce] said to Alfred: ‘I never had a life outside the cave. I never imagined a world for me beyond this. But this woman makes me think that if I can get this group of gods together, then my job is done. I can quit. I can stop.’

Thomas

• please describe an encounter with a squirrel
« Reply #201 on: February 24, 2021, 10:16:24 AM »
'We had this beautiful speech where [Alan] said to Lynn: ‘I never had a life outside the Travel Tavern. I never imagined a world for me beyond this. But this woman makes me think that if I can get this group of gods together, then my job is done. I can quit. I can stop.’

Shameless Custard

• PAUSE FOR THE JET
    • LastFM
« Reply #202 on: February 24, 2021, 10:20:24 AM »
Group of Gods. Amazing

You can imagine Snyder writing that, then having to sit back and take a deep breath because it's so profound

The idea behind it is sound. Bats can give up getting his head kicked in every night if he can manage to get a group of really strong people together to do it for him. It's just written terribly

I prefer Bats' idea to just make a load of android versions of him, but that's possibly a rip off of Iron Man

PlanktonSideburns

• let me play for you the song of my people
« Reply #203 on: February 24, 2021, 10:26:47 AM »
Group of Gods. Amazing

You can imagine Snyder writing that, then having to sit back and take a deep breath because it's so profound

The idea behind it is sound. Bats can give up getting his head kicked in every night if he can manage to get a group of really strong people together to do it for him. It's just written terribly

I prefer Bats' idea to just make a load of android versions of him, but that's possibly a rip off of Iron Man

should go the uber route

make an app for self employed crime-fighting entrepreneurs

democratise fighting crime

battapp

« Reply #204 on: February 24, 2021, 10:27:10 AM »
'We had this beautiful speech where [Alan] said to Lynn: ‘I never had a life outside the Travel Tavern. I never imagined a world for me beyond this. But this woman makes me think that if I can get this group of gods together, then my job is done. I can quit. I can stop.’

that makes me think there should be a show where Alan has to hire a line up of presenters for the BBC, and it's all early 00s comedy icons like Brent, Little Britain charaters, the Peep Show dudes, etc.

« Reply #205 on: February 24, 2021, 11:16:31 AM »
Probably a couple of inches shorter than that, at the end.
Morticians patched JFK up but they decided to have a closed coffin to avoid people trying to stick their fingers in the hole, or as Wikipedia says to "minimize morbid concentration on the body".

Anyway, when did Snyder go from being reviled for Watchmen to being somewhat respected? Was it when they saw Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole?

Magnum Valentino

• Formerly magval
« Reply #206 on: February 24, 2021, 11:36:35 AM »
Maybe everyone wanted to see Superman kill a dude and that's why they love him now.

Jerzy Bondov

• best not bother
    • righto so ive got five minutes off work and uh yeah im gonna have a cheeky volvic
« Reply #207 on: February 24, 2021, 11:55:52 AM »
This is going to be one of the most risible things ever made in relation to comics. Can't wait to gather round for the kicking. Just boot this film's head in with everyone else on the internet. The pile on will make Ready Player One look like the most beloved work of fiction in the English language. We are going to crucify the fuck out of this film, like what happened to Jesus, from the Bible. Remember the Bible? Well it's like that. - Martian Manhunter

« Reply #208 on: February 24, 2021, 12:03:05 PM »
for me I thought the Snyder DC films were silly follies, but after seeing (the original) Justice League, I thought, at least they were follies with their own personality, and he deserves to finish the series on his own terms.

Glebe

• Full of eastern promise.
« Reply #209 on: February 24, 2021, 12:11:31 PM »
I actually really enjoyed the Batman stuff in BvS (aside from the fact that Bats' no-kill policy just goes out the window). I have the extended cut on Blu-ray but I've nay watched it as yet.

Tags: