Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:35:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

To the pub(garden)!!

Started by Icehaven, May 21, 2020, 10:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehaven

Some pubs could open their gardens in mid-July (well a pub trade body has suggested it anyway) with table service instead of going to the bar like what they do in that Europe.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2020/may/21/uk-pub-gardens-could-host-distanced-drinking-from-4-july-says-trade-body

As much as I miss running away from wasps after my cider, it's putting a lot on pub staff to be responsible for both limiting numbers and keeping customers socially distanced, and I can't see already struggling pubs being able to fork out for extra security staff. Probably not a great idea really, although half of them are never going to reopen at all if they don't soon. My local has loads of bar-propping regulars and I can't see them staying in the garden all day, although if they've been drinking at home all this time they're probably dead by now anyway.

Jittlebags

On the wasp front, it's only in September they change from being benign maintainers of the hive into jaspery fuckwits.

flotemysost

In the future all pubs will have salted peanut bag displays as before, but instead of a sexy woman being revealed underneath it's Are Tom.

idunnosomename

gonna go there, get a table, order a burger, then fuck captain tom rotten with my wooden spoon with the table number on

imitationleather

Can't wait to be applauded by the whole pub for calling Captain Tom a shithead war crime rape nonce cunt.

BlodwynPig

"Pint of Corona, bar man"

Barman: "We only sell Captain Tom Bitter, friend"

"You fucking what?! The war rapist?"

Barman: "Lads, sort this traitor scum out"

phantom_power

I would have thought that for some pubs opening with social distancing and the reduction in capacity that would result in would be financially worse than not opening at all. The cost of extra staff with less revenue would surely be untenable

jobotic

No propping up the bar? Table service?

I knew this was an EU plot.

imitationleather

What's the point with no Euro 2020 on the big outdoor telly?

jobotic

For many weeks I've dreamed of going back to the pub but it's going to be scary and miserable isn't it?

Like Wetherspoons used to be ha ha ha

imitationleather

Outside with the kids and the smokers with you, sonny!

jobotic

That's the other thing. I last smoked on March 9th - in a pub garden!

Been fairly easy so far but I haven't been to a pub, so it would be.

chveik

Don't want to go anywhere near a pub or restaurant until this has thoroughly passed.

I've got some Restaurant Choice vouchers that I won due to expire in December, but it'll be a miracle if any of the chains involved will still be accepting them as they'll all be in administration.

Endicott

Quote from: phantom_power on May 22, 2020, 08:46:03 AM
I would have thought that for some pubs opening with social distancing and the reduction in capacity that would result in would be financially worse than not opening at all. The cost of extra staff with less revenue would surely be untenable

Even without the extra staff, if numbers don't get back up to close to what they were before, then a lot of pubs are going to go out of business.

bgmnts

Would be devastating if all these pubs went out of business. We need alcohol.

idunnosomename

I love drinking, but on my own

Puce Moment

Quote from: bgmnts on May 22, 2020, 01:49:59 PMWould be devastating if all these pubs went out of business. We need alcohol.

I would love my local pub to go out of business. Noisy cunts.

Shoulders?-Stomach!