Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:57:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Compulsive lying.

Started by Hey, Punk!, May 22, 2020, 04:06:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on May 24, 2020, 08:28:43 AM
The lie is, I always tell the truth.

Edit: Except when it comes to steam trains

Well, they certainly put a crease in your flannels far better than the modern electric rubbish.

Cerys

My compulsive lies (a) aren't compulsive, and (b) aren't intended to be believed.  Although it's kind of fun when they are.

gilbertharding

Quote from: Utterdrivel on May 22, 2020, 04:00:58 PM
I absolutely love a compulsive bullshitter, they're my favourite people.

They're fine. Trouble comes, I think, when you are the only one who knows that they're bullshitting. If everyone else believes them, it can get nasty.

petril

Quote from: Buelligan on May 23, 2020, 11:33:08 AM
I know someone like that, an adult.  I don't know them any more because I refuse to have any contact with them and have moved countries without leaving a forwarding address.  But I did know someone like that.  They did the most dreadfully terrible cruel things, beyond belief - terrible evil betrayals - you can't even begin to imagine.  I'm not sure if they entirely believed their own lies because when we were alone, they would smirk and hiss.  Nevertheless, I congratulate you on leaving this habit behind, in some cases it can grow into something truly monstrous.  I am not even lying.

and that thing will be in the inner pages of the newspaper, in a story with the words "fabricated", "medals", "character", "Walter" and "Mitty". no coming back from that

gilbertharding

I've mentioned him before, but I was at school with someone of whom I next heard when he was exposed as having fabricated an interview with Stanley Kubrick. He then served a prison sentence for stealing and selling archive photographs.

I could have predicted all of this happening 20 years earlier.