Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:37:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mick Hucknall's top races

Started by Butchers Blind, May 22, 2020, 02:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butchers Blind

That's one of the least offensive things Hucknall's ever written.

Buelligan

He can stick his ginger up his arse and all.

Blumf

Jollity

By "working class British musicians", he means himself, doesn't he? The big pink-faced dork.

"But I'm not being egotistical, because I put myself second" Yeah, shut up, you bright red nerd.

Also, I feel there must be some African Americans who feel under pressure from white people to be cool, and worry that they're not up to the challenge. Although, as a white British person who has never been cool ever, I wouldn't really be the person to ask.

ollyboro

An Eskimo in shades with an ice pop up his pipe  nonchalantly frisbeeing a copy of Stars into a distant dog turd.

idunnosomename

I
wanna measure the skulls
straight into the camps

i hope you comprehend

gib

Butchers Blind

QuoteFlamenco Gypsies

Ah, go on then Mick, any excuse...

Hang on, I should be in second on Hucknall's hierarchy of the races, but I'm not a musician.  The other groups on there apparently don't need a profession to be cool.

That is the only thing wrong with that list.

buttgammon

My genetic make-up is a potent mix of working-class British musicians and flamenco gypsies, so I'm fucking mortified.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Sony Walkman Prophecies

Twitter thinks diversity but preaches homogeny, no change there. Overall, a sensible list, though I'd probably add in the Japanese somewhere - a lot of their 80s synth pop (Chakra, Miharu Koshi) can rival anything we were doing during the same period.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Sebastian Cobb

I liked it back in the early 90's when him and marty pellow did all that grudging before a competition to decide who would be king of blue-eyed soul and then neither of them won. Not that anyone but them expected them to.

The Crumb

It's really not hard to imagine this as a something from a Brass Eye interview, thrilled are brave lads made the top 2 though.

samadriel

I've always thought of Jerry Seinfeld as being cooler than "Flamenco Gypsies".

Quote from: Sony Walkman Prophecies on May 23, 2020, 01:14:00 AM
Twitter thinks diversity but preaches homogeny, no change there. Overall, a sensible list, though I'd probably add in the Japanese somewhere - a lot of their 80s synth pop (Chakra, Miharu Koshi) can rival anything we were doing during the same period.

Tbf, I'm pretty sure that attributing characteristics or qualities to a race is the dictionary definition of racism.  Can't really blame the twitter hive mind if they've levelled accusations of racism.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Hi, and welcome to Cool Club - nice. On tonight's show we have African American Flamenco Gypsy act Ringstinging Milleu all the way from Barnstaple (the poor part) . Smokin'. Infusing reggae patois with a Williamsburg stand-up comedy grounding, lead MC Charles 'The Coal Mine Gypo' Schwartz brings it home 'Timisoara style' with their new long player Epicentral Sounds. Groove-ya!

Buelligan

QuoteFlamenco Gypsies

The waiter used to do them right next to the table.  Very posh.

NoSleep

Not a fan of the Grand National, then. How cool.

Buelligan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKy3BF2hrQk

NoSleep

I Wish I Was Black

So the Gallagher brothers are his second favourite race.

Johnny Yesno

Overall, a sensible list, though I'd probably add in the Japanese somewhere - a lot of their 80s synth pop (Chakra, Miharu Koshi) can rival anything we were doing during the same period.

Obviously, it isn't quite as good because it's foreign. Close but no cigar. But credit where credit is due.

Quote from: Jollity on May 22, 2020, 03:42:02 PM
By "working class British musicians", he means himself, doesn't he? The big pink-faced dork.

"But I'm not being egotistical, because I put myself second" Yeah, shut up, you bright red nerd.

Also, I feel there must be some African Americans who feel under pressure from white people to be cool, and worry that they're not up to the challenge. Although, as a white British person who has never been cool ever, I wouldn't really be the person to ask.

And if you look at the examples he cites on the thread, it's clear that Mick Hucknall doesn't even realise that most of those musicians aren't working class.  The Stones & The Clash aren't close to being 'working class' musicians.  I'm not sure if Mick Hucknall needs to find a new category for them.

idunnosomename

1. Aryans
2. arsed mate cigs

I'd love to see Hucknall trying to escape from a quilt.  Little legs thrashing, glimpses of the famous red hair, his confused, scrunched eyes signalling "but must I be trapped in this quilt for ever?"

Surely it's not too much to ask.

Sin Agog

Name-dropping someone I love (Miharu Koshi- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGcHGPouJYE) is maybe your lowest, most heartless move yet.  Now every time I listen to her I'm going to think about middle class wannabe decadents musing over why the disabled blacks don't pull themselves up by their bootstraps.