Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:55:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Mick Hucknall's top races

Started by Butchers Blind, May 22, 2020, 02:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockice

Gingerists, the lot of you.

A new page has come and nothing you can do can do me wrong.

Hand Solo

So Muslim sects aren't cool enough for Mr Hucknall to list..

Sunni's too Shiite to mention?

And not a fan of gay culture either, is he?

Holding back the queers.

Blumf

What are the top five coolest genders on planet Earth, Mick?

Butchers Blind

A lot of people criticising Mick here; he could've gone the easy route - top 5 albums, top 5 films, top 5 people with the same colour hair as me, etc but no.  Quarantine not easy for some.

Johnny Yesno

Buelligan

Or a simple top 5 racists.   All time and annual.

Sin Agog

This guy would take up all five spots on my list of most racist CaB'ers.

shiftwork2

Cool Mick here, assembling a cool Ark in these Covid times so that the cool can survive.  It's perfectly reasonable behaviour and there is no doubt in anyone's mind that Mick Hucknall should be the self-appointed gatekeeper.

Simply Red CDs were purchased by unpleasant couples who wanted to get into property development to get ahead of the shitmunchers.

A foetid man.  We instinctively know he doesn't floss his molars or wash between his toes.  Dead in a skip by Christmas.

Pingers

[on second thoughts, no. Even Danger Man might have hesitated]

samadriel

Quote from: Jockice on May 23, 2020, 11:08:52 AM
Gingerists, the lot of you.

A new page has come and nothing you can do can do me wrong.
(Trent Reznor considers rewrite)

Buelligan

Quote from: Sin Agog on May 23, 2020, 12:42:18 PM

Bit sexist.

Sony Walkman Prophecies

Quote from: TheBrownBottle on May 23, 2020, 05:31:03 AM
Tbf, I'm pretty sure that attributing characteristics or qualities to a race is the dictionary definition of racism.  Can't really blame the twitter hive mind if they've levelled accusations of racism.

Well, pretending for a second any of the concern is in any way serious (which it isn't, like most things on Twitter) he didn't say races had intrinsic attributes - therefore it's safe/charitable to assume he means that, on our particular time-line, this is just the way things have panned out. I imagine if you wanted to hustle him into a full explanation, he'd start talking about social conditions, how working conditions (he's already mentioned the working class) play in to it rather than some sort of speculative 'cool gene'.

The point is moot anyway since, like all of us, he listens to music from a very small handful of Ethnic-national groupings. All he's done is rate them in order, and some very silly people have decided to take offense because they're bored and have nothing better to do.

bgmnts

I like SWP's world where nobody means anything they do, ever.

Sony Walkman Prophecies

idunnosomename

finally some recognition at last

Buelligan

I hear you're a racist now, Mick? How did you get interested in that type of thing?

Quote from: Sony Walkman Prophecies on May 23, 2020, 01:42:13 PM
Well, pretending for a second any of the concern is in any way serious (which it isn't, like most things on Twitter) he didn't say races had intrinsic attributes - therefore it's safe/charitable to assume he means that, on our particular time-line, this is just the way things have panned out. I imagine if you wanted to hustle him into a full explanation, he'd start talking about social conditions, how working conditions (he's already mentioned the working class) play in to it rather than some sort of speculative 'cool gene'.

The point is moot anyway since, like all of us, he listens to music from a very small handful of Ethnic-national groupings. All he's done is rate them in order, and some very silly people have decided to take offense because they're bored and have nothing better to do.

He doesn't seem to understand what 'working class' means, in all honesty.

Even though it IS racist by definition, I struggle to be offended by it.  Comes over as tone-deaf & Patridge-esque (and you'd think he'd know, having been in a mock-up of Alan's former residence) rather than an attempt to be the new Katie Hopkins.  'Celebrity says something fucking stupid on twitter' is run-of-the-mill stuff.  I think it makes him look like an idiot, but there's little point pouring bile on him.  After all, he's given us the gift of Simply Red's contribution to popular culture. 

Johnny Yesno

Oh, yeah? Why's that, then?

If Huckster publicly called me cool on Twitter I'd be mortified.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: TheBrownBottle on May 23, 2020, 02:11:32 PM
he's given us the gift of Simply Red's contribution to popular culture.

Obviously, that's the real crime here, but I like to think of this in a similar way to how they got Al Capone for tax evasion.

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on May 23, 2020, 02:16:35 PM
Obviously, that's the real crime here, but I like to think of this in a similar way to how they got Al Capone for tax evasion.

I've seen footage of him showing off his ill-gotten gains.  The Revenue will nail him

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TpFjkwtgXzw

Hand Solo

I don't think Mick's ever been the same since that girl charged with spinning the straw into gold guessed his name and so didn't have to give him her first-born.

phantom_power

I don't think anyone is actually offended are they? They are just saying he is a bit of a rodney plonker

Fr.Bigley

Excuse me?