Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:07:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tuca and Bertie renewed for Adult Swim

Started by madhair60, May 22, 2020, 05:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

This is a nice surprise. It didn't seem to strike a chord with many here (nor, presumably, with Netflix subscribers in general) but I thought the first series was ace. It's nice to see more animated shows that take advantage of the medium.

What I saw of it seemed like everything I found annoying about Bojack, but none of what I loved about it. Am I missing much/does it come into its own if I've seen more?

The Crumb

Great news, very interested in how they build the story from the here, it seemed to end on a sweet, fairly self contained note.
Quote from: KidPresentable on May 22, 2020, 09:19:32 PM
What I saw of it seemed like everything I found annoying about Bojack, but none of what I loved about it. Am I missing much/does it come into its own if I've seen more?

It definitely got better as it went on, and the plots tended to cover heavier themes in the second half of the series. Overall I found it warmer, more joyful than Bojack.

Mister Six

Didn't get all the way through it because it didn't really chime with me, but I wonder if it suffered because of the BoJack connection - it looked too much like BoJack for people who didn't like that show, but was too bouncy, silly and meme-y for people who did.

backdrifter

Too silly for people who liked a show where an underwater city of fish was about to be crushed by a shipload of pasta but were saved at the last second by a team of salad strainer wielding stripper-whales?

Mister Six