Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:35:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Scotland (and Wales) Banning Relief for Companies in Tax Havens

Started by Sebastian Cobb, May 22, 2020, 08:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/21/scotland-bans-covid-19-support-firms-tax-havens?CMP=share_btn_tw

The Scottish parliament has voted to block companies based in tax havens from using millions of pounds in coronavirus relief funding, in emergency legislation.

MSPs approved measures on Wednesday night brokered by the Scottish Greens to prohibit firms or individuals who are registered in tax havens, or are a subsidiary of an offshore company, from getting support grants.

The Welsh government blocked companies with headquarters in a tax haven from accessing its £500m economic resilience fund on 15 May. Ministers in Cardiff said last week it would affect a small number of companies.

This seems like good news doesn't it? I suppose there's an argument about 'what will happen to the poor bastards that work for these firms go under?' but I suppose a lot of the firms are big enough not to fail and are fronting, also if they're in a tax haven they're probably arseholes that aren't providing much in the way to their staff anyway.

thenoise

Seems fair enough. You have to pay into the system to get something out of it.
England will do the worst possible thing as always, nasty little cuntry.