Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:30:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Get fucked, Cumdumpster

Started by Abnormal Palm, May 23, 2020, 02:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rizla

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 23, 2020, 07:49:03 PM

I think I've found the worst take yet!

Who? sounds familiar but cannot place the name or face

king_tubby

That's the next Prime Minister, show some goddamn respect, Pig.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: king_tubby on May 23, 2020, 07:52:00 PM
That's the next Prime Minister, show some goddamn respect, Pig.

If I look at it in the mirror she is already the prime minister

olliebean

Hang on, this happened over a month ago, so why is it suddenly in the news now? Either nobody has yet noticed what utterly horrible thing they're using it to deflect attention from, or they still think too many people are being sensible in spite of the easing of lockdown rules, so it's been deliberately brought forward now so that they can drive home the line that "This is fine, he's done nothing wrong, he's only done what ANYONE WHO CARES ABOUT THEIR FAMILY would do" in the hope that a lot of people will, and the herd immunity plan can get back on the rails.

I think probably the latter. There's been a definite emphasis on "anyone who cares about their family would do the same" in the messaging.

olliebean

BTW, now breaking: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/dominic-cummings-ignored-coronavirus-lockdown-22075857

QuoteDominic Cummings ignored coronavirus lockdown rules for SECOND time to visit parents

BlodwynPig

Quote from: olliebean on May 23, 2020, 07:55:17 PM
BTW, now breaking: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/dominic-cummings-ignored-coronavirus-lockdown-22075857

2 weeks after having the disease he's strolling around the bluebells without a care in the world

Neither Boris or Cummings had the virus.

Butchers Blind

Sebastian Cobb

As a mate just pointed out, "the thing is, even if he did resign, he'd still do the job I think".

Alberon

Quote from: Inspector Norse on May 23, 2020, 07:44:12 PM
If the Guardian and Mirror knew about this in advance it's really smart: let Johnson and co scramble to cover it up, then casually drop part two.

That was my first thought, too. The timing is perfect - Friday for the first bit and the coup de grace for the Sunday papers.

The government takes all that damage to keep him and it'll (hopefully) all be for nothing.

Inspector Norse

Perhaps suspicion that this was coming is what stopped Johnson getting personally involved?

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 23, 2020, 08:01:42 PM
As a mate just pointed out, "the thing is, even if he did resign, he'd still do the job I think".

This seems very possible, he cant resign from being boris's friend and confident can he?

Jerzy Bondov

Hopefully he resigns from breathing

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Rizla on May 23, 2020, 07:50:20 PM
YES!!!! Come on the Guardian and the Mirror!!!

This is well handled. I bet they had been sitting on the fresh batch of evidence so they could at the very least eke the story out, at most create enough of a fuss to topple him.

I bet he will stay but permanently tarnished no matter how many times he says 'remember Brexit'.

jobotic

Chollis

Shoulders?-Stomach!

No new info on BBC about this new info.

jobotic

I bet the witnesses are metropolitan remoaners who haven't forgiven him for brexit. 

Getting doxxed in 321...

Alberon

Piers Morgan threatens to visit his parents if Cummings isn't fired.

Yes, they didn't smother Morgan at birth, but they don't deserve this.

BritishHobo

Was this too late on the day to release the second article? Worried it might go ignored. Hope not.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Pseudopath on May 23, 2020, 05:16:19 PM
Dan Hodges leaping to the Cumdumpster's defence. What a fucking surprise.

THIS WEEK. I AR'BEEN MOSTLY EATIN'

GOVERNMENT. BOOT.

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: olliebean on May 23, 2020, 07:53:05 PM
Hang on, this happened over a month ago, so why is it suddenly in the news now? Either nobody has yet noticed what utterly horrible thing they're using it to deflect attention from, or they still think too many people are being sensible in spite of the easing of lockdown rules, so it's been deliberately brought forward now so that they can drive home the line that "This is fine, he's done nothing wrong, he's only done what ANYONE WHO CARES ABOUT THEIR FAMILY would do" in the hope that a lot of people will, and the herd immunity plan can get back on the rails.

I think probably the latter. There's been a definite emphasis on "anyone who cares about their family would do the same" in the messaging.

Of course another option could be that the Mirror and the Guardian did some good old-fashioned investigative journalism to find out what really happened when everyone directly involved is keeping quiet. It took time to find witnesses and achieve certainty that it happened.

king_tubby

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/12642855949

QuoteUPDATE: Durham Police contradicts Downing Street's claim on Dominic Cummings that "at no stage was he or his family spoken to by the police about this matter".

idunnosomename

HOW DARE YOU POLITICISE THIS INTRINSICALLY POLITICAL THING

Alberon

No. 10 spokesman gives the 'fake news' defence.

Quote"Yesterday the Mirror and Guardian wrote inaccurate stories about Mr Cummings.

"Today they are writing more inaccurate stories including claims that Mr Cummings returned to Durham after returning to work in Downing Street on 14 April.

"We will not waste our time answering a stream of false allegations about Mr Cummings from campaigning newspapers."

That'll work, I reckon.

We only acknowledge news that comes from the papers who campaign for us.

Shoulders?-Stomach!