Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:39:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Get fucked, Cumdumpster

Started by Abnormal Palm, May 23, 2020, 02:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glyn

Quote from: Alberon on May 23, 2020, 11:00:44 AM

Hope he hangs on for the rest of the day and then is forced to resign. Cause the maximum damage.

Guess it's a test now of how much doublespeak the tory boomers who haven't seen their grandkids for 3 months can swallow

steveh

Quote from: Pseudopath on May 23, 2020, 11:02:59 AM
There was definitely something fishy going on with Twitter's Trending algorithm last night. Pretty much every second tweet on my timeline mentioned "Dominic Cummings" by name, but the only trending topic related to the story was "Dominic" (with "Dominic Goings" further down the list). So much for speaking truth to power.

Profanity filters may have had an effect on his surname trending.

Butchers Blind

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1264135816177242112?s=19

Quotesince much of his self-image is of someone who is a permanent foreigner in London.

Fuck off, Peston.

jobotic

Raab, Gove and that other cunt really do look pathetic with their toadying justifications for their bosses' actions.

Even Julia Hartley-Brewer thinks he should go!

He won't of course, the criminal eugenicist cunt.

idunnosomename

We must not let the trolls win against national treasures like this. Extraordinary powers to Boris for mass executions may be required.

WhoMe

Quote from: Butchers Blind on May 23, 2020, 11:28:07 AM
https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1264135816177242112?s=19

Fuck off, Peston.

Quote"Mr Cummings believes he behaved reasonably and legally".

Oh, well fucking good for him!

Glyn

Quote from: Butchers Blind on May 23, 2020, 11:28:07 AM

Fuck off, Peston.

It's great how at no point in that is the question raised of why the extended family couldn't have driven to them to collect the precious (and again, likely already infected) children

WhoMe

Quote from: Glyn on May 23, 2020, 10:15:03 AM
Isnt it worse though ? He and his wife were both symptomatic, have driven a very long distance to transfer other (possibly infected) members of his household to other relatives and then stayed away from his family home (in a second/holiday home). Can't see a loophole in the issued guidance that would begin to cover that no matter what the 'sources' are saying.

There's no good option there really. It's an extraordinary risk they've taken to hand over a potentially infected child to their elderly parents. But if you're both becoming very ill what are you supposed to do?

How is Laura still in a job? Kuen a lingers but what's done is done.

Inspector Norse

The official response from Downing Street has been so half-arsed and full of such obvious contradictions and mistruths (not that the likes of Kuenssberg bother to pick them apart, but plenty of actual journalists are doing so) that one wonders whether they've already given up, or if they're so comfortable with Cummings being above the law that they don't see the need to mount a proper defence.

Glyn

Quote from: WhoMe on May 23, 2020, 12:02:39 PM
There's no good option there really. It's an extraordinary risk they've taken to hand over a potentially infected child to their elderly parents. But if you're both becoming very ill what are you supposed to do?
Follow the guidance he had a disturbingly large involvement in drafting I'd say. Don't travel, self isolate where possible, etc.

He is the only person in the country with kids to have caught it though so extraordinary circumstances and all that.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Zetetic on May 23, 2020, 08:25:30 AM
Machine learning models validated against a dying wasp colony suggests that Dom's actions were more ethical than the ones that 78.6% of the English people would've taken in his place.

Let it go

BlodwynPig

Quote from: WhoMe on May 23, 2020, 12:02:39 PM

FUCK OFF

lipsink

James O'Brien even had a pop at Kuenssberg on Twitter about her reporting of this.  I remember him always defending her and slagging off the "cretins" that criticised her during "This is him here".

It's because he's a Blue Tick that he's allowed to criticise her, isn't it?

Bently Sheds

Quote from: Pseudopath on May 23, 2020, 11:02:59 AM
There was definitely something fishy going on with Twitter's Trending algorithm last night. Pretty much every second tweet on my timeline mentioned "Dominic Cummings" by name, but the only trending topic related to the story was "Dominic" (with "Dominic Goings" further down the list). So much for speaking truth to power.
Lots of Tweeters are pointing out that Twitter's "Trending" section isn't an automatically generated Top 10 Hottest Hashtags list, it is actively edited and curated by Twitter themselves. So, profanity filter explanation aside, someone somewhere is leaning on Twitter to ensure that Cummings' full name is being kept off that particular list.

The independent Twitter trending aggregator site Tweeplers has "Dominic Cummings" as the top trending hashtag, but he's nowhere on the Trending Topics. Also his name doesn't appear in the Top People list; Hancock, Gove, Piers Morgan, Kuennsberg, Peston and BogJob are the top ones there.

Ultimately, Cummings won't resign. Or he will resign as Chief Advisor and reappear as Advisor In Chief. Or his very pale, equally bald but with a smashing Zapato moustached Spanish cousin Domingo Cummingo will step in for him

Dewt

Quote from: Bently Sheds on May 23, 2020, 01:07:36 PM
Lots of Tweeters are pointing out that Twitter's "Trending" section isn't an automatically generated Top 10 Hottest Hashtags list, it is actively edited and curated by Twitter themselves. So, profanity filter explanation aside, someone somewhere is leaning on Twitter to ensure that Cummings' full name is being kept off that particular list.
One of the biggest problems with Twitter right there. It is the default global public square but is an unregulated private company.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Shittest virus ever this - defeated by Johnson and Cummings immune systems.

Fambo Number Mive

They'd need to stop for a wee at least once en route if they had a small child wouldn't they?

Abnormal Palm

These fuckin toads queueing up to say 'we can do what the fuck we like, how dare you make this political'. Total scumbags.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 23, 2020, 01:25:37 PM
They'd need to stop for a wee at least once en route if they had a small child wouldn't they?
STOP POLITICISING THIS!!!!

WhoMe

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 23, 2020, 12:13:13 PM
FUCK OFF

Just not to Durham.

I've seen the word too many times now. Durham. Durr-ham. Durrmanic Cummings.

buttgammon

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 23, 2020, 01:25:37 PM

On car journeys of a similar length, I used to have to get out and wee at least three or four times. This is what led to the oft-mentioned time I pissed on a road sign for Noel Edmonds's Crinkly Bottom theme park, indirectly leading to its closure. I was 28 years old etc etc.

jobotic

Cunt should have been isolating in a prison cell anyway.

Janie Jones

Quote from: BritishHobo on May 23, 2020, 10:46:23 AM
News alert just popped up that the government are saying it was 'essential' for him to do this. What's the point of anything?

Quote from: Glyn on May 23, 2020, 11:12:05 AM
Guess it's a test now of how much doublespeak the tory boomers who haven't seen their grandkids for 3 months can swallow

I think you're right and I've had enough as of today.  I'm not a Tory but I'm a boomer and I've just got off the phone having arranged to meet my kids tomorrow.  The negative impact of lockdown on my family is fuck all compared to what many people have been through, I know that, but we've experienced the odd minor trauma and cause for celebration in the last 3 months when my kids have wanted to be with their parents and we have wanted desperately to be with them but we haven't because we're not elite fuckwits who think we can do what we like while the proles do what they're told. Until now.

I honestly hope I get stopped and fined tomorrow because I will pay the fine with an open letter basically summarising this thread and what I think of the absolutely fucking abysmal state of the ignorant cunts running this country.

Fambo Number Mive

More covidiots will use this as an excuse to break the lockdown rules, killing more people. The  Government will use this story to distract from some other bad news (maybe an announcement on opening schools). They won't get rid of Cummings.

Perhaps Hancock forgot to put (unless you are Dominic Cummings, in which case you can do what you like) in brackets after each rule.

A section of the UK will vote for the Tories no matter what they do, like a section of the US will support Trump no matter what he does.

Cummings could easily afford a hair transplant and yet he chooses to carry on with the Dr Evil look. One of his lesser crimes, obviously.

Abnormal Palm

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 23, 2020, 01:40:07 PM
More covidiots will use this as an excuse to break the lockdown rules, killing more people.

I love the timing of this post, my dude.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Quote on May 23, 2020, 01:40:26 PM
Cummings could easily afford a hair transplant and yet he chooses to carry on with the Dr Evil look. One of his lesser crimes, obviously.
tell that to Jeff Bezos!

Fambo Number Mive

Wouldn't driving with coronavirus symptoms make you less alert and put others at risk?

Janie Jones

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 23, 2020, 01:40:07 PM
More covidiots will use this as an excuse to break the lockdown rules, killing more people

Yep, that's my plan. TBH I'm literally the only person I know who's stuck with lockdown until now. Boomers don't like being told what to do and we usually get our own way.