Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:36:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I can invent a new colour for you

Started by popcorn, May 24, 2020, 12:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

popcorn

Replies From View

Dewt

Will I need to hand over my eye cones to you for modification or is this an enhancement to the electromagnetic spectrum itself?

Replies From View

Replies From View

popcorn

All right nice one. Here it is:

let me know if you can see it all right.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

No you can't, Mr. Popcorn. No-one can.

Replies From View

Nor siree there is no colour there

No sir

popcorn

All right sorry, I've made some adjustments, you should be able to see your new colour now:

What do you think, look nice?

Replies From View

not sure that's a new colour exactly

maybe it's my eyes getting it wrong but to me that colour is basically green

a kind of green

colour

Replies From View

by which I mean it's a colour that I already have a name for in my own head

the name "green"

is the name I identify with that colour there

popcorn

Nah mate you'll not have seen that colour before. It's a new one I've invented, for you

You'll not have seen this colour around before.

Replies From View

okay mate so what colour have I been calling "green" my entire life

popcorn

Well that's really neither here nor there is it.

Look mate if you can find me a single object of this same new colour I've made for you then I'll do a new one for you, I'm not going to say it's completely impossible that someone else might have made the colour at some point in the last few thousand years, you might have seen it on holiday or some such, but I am going to need to see where else you might have seen it.

seepage

if you mix red and green you get yellow - how mad is that?

I can see a bit into the ultraviolet and infrared but haven't given them names yet.

Ferris

STOP RIGHT THERE!

I've been on the tail of the notorious "50 shades of bullshit" scammer since the late '80s. Back then it was small ads in the backs of newspapers, magazines, periodicals, "I can mail you a new colour, send £2 plus p&p to PO Box 457, Whitehall", that type of thing. Now it's all internet spam and indecent viral photos of prince Andrew. Went quiet for a while there in the late '00s but I knew you couldn't stay clean for long.

And now, I've finally got you, you bastard. I used local simpleton RepliesfV we bait - I knew he'd be unable to resist such an obvious scam, and you, bastardcorn, would be unable to resist an easy score from such a total mope. I played you all, and it went perfectly. Not a hitch.

Now listen, you're surrounded and we got all the exits covered. You're gonna come with me and answer some questions downtown. Are we gonna do this the easy way, or the hard way?

Replies From View

EXCUSE ME I MAY BE BAIT BUT I AM NOT A SIMPLETON

Ferris

Ah sweet, simple Replies. Your dim-witted buffoonery has served us well, old friend!

Now please, don't embarrass me in front of this master criminal. There are other people present. Do this, and there will be a shiny brass farthing in it for you.

Replies From View

Ferris

Hush now, oaf! The master villain approaches!

Replies From View

Quote from: popcorn on May 24, 2020, 12:31:30 PM
Well that's really neither here nor there is it.

Look mate if you can find me a single object of this same new colour I've made for you then I'll do a new one for you, I'm not going to say it's completely impossible that someone else might have made the colour at some point in the last few thousand years, you might have seen it on holiday or some such, but I am going to need to see where else you might have seen it.

Hey, Bo Peep, if you're so clever then what colour would you call the trees and grass in this random picture I have found.

Ferris

^shit that's right.

Hang on, if you're the clever one does that make me the dim one? Is this a setup? What's going on here

Replies From View

exactly

i am very clever with the colour green

now what else

Ferris

I can't make heads nor tails of this. I've called off the support units, the exits are now unmarked.

I'm going for a lie down.

popcorn

Quote from: Replies From View on May 24, 2020, 02:52:16 PM
Hey, Bo Peep, if you're so clever then what colour would you call the trees and grass in this random picture I have found.

Green

popcorn

And lol I remember you Ferris, you used to love the new colours I made for you back in the 80s.

Replies From View

I bet you reckon you invented white dog poo

Paul Calf

Quote from: popcorn on May 24, 2020, 11:32:26 AM
All right sorry, I've made some adjustments, you should be able to see your new colour now:

What do you think, look nice?

This is a genuinely new colour and those who say that it isn't are just pissed off that their inferior ocular equipment is incapable of perceiving it.

Replies From View

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 24, 2020, 05:18:45 PM
This is a genuinely new colour and those who say that it isn't are just pissed off that their inferior ocular equipment is incapable of perceiving it.

I'll go out on a limb and say you don't even know what colours are.

Prove me wrong, bufferzone.

Ferris

Quote from: popcorn on May 24, 2020, 04:14:54 PM
And lol I remember you Ferris, you used to love the new colours I made for you back in the 80s.

You still owe me £6 12d (+p&p) you shit.

Plus interest!