Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:41:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Getting shit for being out

Started by Rev+, May 24, 2020, 12:51:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev+

It's been touched on in a few threads here, but what are your aggro experiences?

As I've banged on about before, I'm a Universal Credit carer and have a half-hour walk to get to the person I look after.  About two weeks ago the passenger-side window of a passing car rolled down and I was successfully gobbed at in the face.  Reported it via crimestoppers but couldn't really say much further that 'er, yellow car'.

Similar thing tonight, gobbed at from some twat shouting something I couldn't hear because I had earbuds in, but spit thrown in my direction.  Didn't get anywhere near me, the fucking amateur, and all I could really hear was 'fucking cunt' over the Kermode & Mayo film review.  I think he was angry that I wasn't at home, like he wasn't.

Any other stories like this?  Look, it's a thread, do I always need to guide you by the hand?

Small Man Big Horse

That's horrible and I'm so sorry to hear that Rev, I'll never understand why some people are so cuntish, with the irony being that they're out and about while being such shits so it really doesn't make any sense.

C_Larence

maybe they were shouting hello to jason isaacs

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Lucky (for THEM) nobody's spat at/coughed at me but then I've only been going out to go to the shops etc. I am starting to get really annoyed at people walking two abreast on the footpath, forcing me to get in the road because their conversation is just SO IMPORTANT. Also ass bastards who hang around in or just before the fucking doorway. SOCIAL DISTANCING. PANDEMIC. FUCKING MOVE. So I guess I'm the one displaying the aggression.

idunnosomename

i went to durham up the A1(m) and twitter went apeshit!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ray Travez

Got shouted at by a farmer. But then, farmers are always awful aren't they? Just not very bright.
Farmer- "You're gonna spread it to people"
Me- "there's no-one here"
Farmer- "I'm here"
Me- "that's because you just drove over to me in your tractor, and anyway, you're ten metres away and I'm downwind from you"
Farmer- "you're gonna give it to my cows" *points towards distant herd*

You can't argue with them, you may as well just hit them in the balls with a plank of wood, it's the only language they understand.

Sony Walkman Prophecies

Jesus. Where do you live OP?

I've not had shit for being out but an odd mix of the homeless and construction workers in central London at the moment. Does have that vibe of being out at 2:00am, when the other people out are Crossrail workers and panhandlers begging for change. Yeah, it's weird.

Dewt

Quote from: Ray Travez on May 24, 2020, 01:41:22 AM
You can't argue with them, you may as well just hit them in the balls with a plank of wood, it's the only language they understand.
Fuck me you really hate cows.

Cold Meat Platter

Abnormal Palm

I suggest buying yourself a lanyard. It instantly legitimises what you're doing and gives thick cunts a visual cue that you're off to die. You might even get a clap. I'm not being glib.

Ray Travez

No, that's a really good idea. A lanyard can be an unusual kind of passport in some situations. Shouldn't need to, but some people appear to have gone a bit crazy lately- or possibly feel that acting out their latent craziness is now legitimate.

Sorry for your horrible experience, Rev. People throwing stuff from cars are the worst kind of coward.

BlodwynPig

Reading the OP, its best to cocoon indoors for the rest of my life. Happy to not see or smell humans again. Come squirrels, come crows, come worms, come angels all.

Quote from: Ray Travez on May 24, 2020, 09:39:58 AM
No, that's a really good idea. A lanyard can be an unusual kind of passport in some situations. Shouldn't need to, but some people appear to have gone a bit crazy lately- or possibly feel that acting out their latent craziness is now legitimate.

Team it up with a hi-vis vest and you're golden.

Captain Crunch

Please make an appointment with your GP – it's not just shiny new diseases you can catch this way but old fashioned TB and hepatitis, get checked.  VERY cold comfort but this just seems to be the fashion now.  We had an incident last week where a customer stood on the counter to lean round the screen and gob at a cashier.  They know how much fear and disgust it provokes.

Abnormal Palm

They should be held down and have their wrists, ankles, elbows, knees and shins beaten with a metal bar until they're more Slinky than beast.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Carragher-tier behaviour.

Drive them into the abyss

madhair60

Quote from: Abnormal Palm on May 24, 2020, 10:10:17 AM
They should be held down and have their wrists, ankles, elbows, knees and shins beaten with a metal bar until they're more Slinky than beast.

Blind them too

BlodwynPig

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 24, 2020, 10:58:12 AM
Plunge them into negative infinity
Close right in and beat and beat

Icehaven

The officers at my work use spit hoods on known gobbers, which is basically a plastic and/or gauze mask strapped to the head, attached to clothing or under the arms and can't be removed by the wearer as they're also handcuffed. Anyone spitting at strangers should be made to live in one for at least a month and fed through a tube, or just live on their own spit seeing as they're so keen on it.

Sony Walkman Prophecies

Fortnum & Mason are open again *air punch. I walked passed there the other day and their redcoat-tailed staff were outside the door in visors and face masks. It didn't really occur to me at the time, but could these have been spit-shields? I suppose some people might take umbrage at the sight of gentleman dressed as c18th butlers in the current climate of uncertainty and woe. Maybe they should be given riot shields as well, emblazoned with a poker flush of Royal seals and a rolicking stripe of inspirational Latin, naturally.

Puce Moment

Quote from: Abnormal Palm on May 24, 2020, 05:12:22 AM
I suggest buying yourself a lanyard. It instantly legitimises what you're doing and gives thick cunts a visual cue that you're off to die. You might even get a clap. I'm not being glib.

flotemysost

Fucking hell, that's awful. Were they definitely angry at you for being out (presumably based on fear of the virus being spread)? Because if that was the source of their ire then spitting on you is... a bit of a silly way of showing it. I hope their attitude was the only nasty thing they've conveyed, anyway.

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on May 24, 2020, 01:11:37 AM
Lucky (for THEM) nobody's spat at/coughed at me but then I've only been going out to go to the shops etc. I am starting to get really annoyed at people walking two abreast on the footpath, forcing me to get in the road because their conversation is just SO IMPORTANT. Also ass bastards who hang around in or just before the fucking doorway. SOCIAL DISTANCING. PANDEMIC. FUCKING MOVE. So I guess I'm the one displaying the aggression.

Yep. If I go for a walk or to the shops I try to make sure I stand out of people's way wherever possible, even if it means lurking for a while as everyone dawdles past. No fucker ever smiles or acknowledges this - I know people have got other shit going on at the moment, and I understand for some people getting out of the house is probably a real struggle and a terrifying thing at the moment, or on the contrary it might be the only freedom they get - but lots of them do just seem a bit oblivious.

It's the ones who come barreling at you, either running or on a fucking scooter or skateboard or something, acting like this situation is basically a certificate allowing them to treat their surroundings as their own personal racetrack, when it's definitely still just a narrow pavement in a busy central London borough.

Like just because I'm not a 'roided-up gym addict doesn't mean I want to heave my doughy, non-jogging body mass out the way into oncoming traffic so you can whizz past uninterrupted. Also there's a pretty big park just a few minutes away, I don't know what's so appealing about running on the pavement anyway.

Quote from: flotemysost on May 24, 2020, 10:35:50 PM
Like just because I'm not a 'roided-up gym addict doesn't mean I want to heave my doughy, non-jogging body mass out the way into oncoming traffic so you can whizz past uninterrupted. Also there's a pretty big park just a few minutes away, I don't know what's so appealing about running on the pavement anyway.
The runners around here have been pretty good, most of them do move off the footpath and into the usually empty cycle lanes. It's the people walking and yammering and can't get in single file for thirty seconds.

Rev+

Quote from: flotemysost on May 24, 2020, 10:35:50 PMWere they definitely angry at you for being out (presumably based on fear of the virus being spread)?

I think it's just a variation on a theme - the sort of people who shout shit at a moving car, because it makes them feel hard and they know they'll be away before you can confront them.  Spitting is a new power now:  they might not have the virus, but you don't know that.

As it was asked, I'm in glorious Hemel Hempstead and do the walk over to King's Langley every day.  Trying hard to get somewhere else to live, because the person I care for hasn't had a bedroom or access to a bathroom for 18 months, and our council don't give a flying fuck. 

Sorry, that's unrelated to the subject in a sense, but I would like to be able to stay indoors if I didn't have to take a walk every day.

Cerys

People like this need to be peeled, rolled in salted honey, and then pegged down on a fire ant nest.

Sony Walkman Prophecies

In all seriousness, I do think anyone doing this should be given jail time, even under ordinary circumstances - it's wrong and completely disgusting.

Pijlstaart

It's a bad time to be a spitter, that's for sure. The habits of a lifetime have to be unlearned in very short order, just one innocent reflexive action and they'll be facing attempted murder charges, very scary how little pushback there's been and the prevailing narrative now is that all spitting is bad, period. We're indoctrinating them from a young age, don't spit, never spit, I see marked parallels between our education system and the old Canadian residential schools, an attempt by dogmatic ethnocentrists to stamp out the treasured cultural practices of a misunderstood people.

"Don't spit, never spit!", you bellow, "Only then can we have a harmonious society!". "No spitting ever? Never ever?" I ask from my tranquil forest home, serene and wise, "What, not even into own hands? Not even into this rustic squash and hazelnut soup? Not even in the eyes of a passing boy scout? Not even, not even at you?". Unable to respond, you stalk off hatefully, but that night you are haunted by dreams, dreams of spitting and being spat on, and how it was right for me to spit on all those things when appropriate, and it was you who had been misled, it wasn't bad to spit, it was fun and useful. When the time is right, we should all spit and be spat on.