Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:54:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Memphis Group

Started by Abnormal Palm, May 24, 2020, 05:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Big Brother House this is Davina. You are live on Channel 4, please do not swear.

Abnormal Palm

___

The perfect conclusion to the perfect thread.

Bence Fekete

I am a fan of this band.

Very dimethyltryptamine-esque.

Or, at least, this is reasonably close to the sort of thing that happens to your immediate surroundings. Soft, toyful adult playpens. Given wealth, fame or luck then this would be *the* (i.e. my) (AKA drug) room.

greenman

Lost a lot of credibility when key student Mallett sold out to ITV though.

Buelligan

Bertie Bassett storms out of thread to fetch his semiautomatic assault weapon.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

jobotic

Quite like the sixth one down.

And the boxing ring with antennae

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Abnormal Palm on May 24, 2020, 05:58:48 AM

It's no exaggeration to say that this looks very much like the pattern that slowly moves across my vision during a migraine.

Butchers Blind

Too confusing, I think they should have just stuck with blues.

Icehaven

Reminds me of how Winona Ryder's Mum decorated the house in Beetlejuice.

Abnormal Palm

Yeah, that's right. Beetlejuice visual design is very much influenced by The Memphis Group's approach.

wosl

"The configuration and scale of art cannot be transposed into furniture and architecture.  The intent of art is different from that of the latter, which must be functional.  If a chair or a building is not functional, if appears to be only art, it is ridiculous.  The art of a chair is not its resemblance to art, but is partly its reasonableness, usefulness and scale as a chair.  These are proportion, which is visible reasonableness. [...] A few months ago there was a curious article in Lufthansa's magazine justly praising Braun and its chief designer, Dieter Rams, praising "German" design of course, but explaining that "German" design was now second to "Italian" design, but that Germany would catch up.  This means become worse.  "Designer" Italian furniture is the world's worst."

- Donald Judd, 1993

canadagoose

Looks like one of those "cool startup" offices in Edinburgh. They're the strangest things. My flatmate's workplace (which he's obviously not been at since March) even has draught beer.