Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,185
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 749
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:56:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Just had my first Covid spam!

Started by JesusAndYourBush, May 24, 2020, 01:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JesusAndYourBush

A simple email, no links to click.
From the United Nations no less! (a .jp email address.)
And it's in Russian!

Subject: У вас есть пожертво. лларов США

Привет,

Мы рады сообщить вам, что вы были отобраны на пожертвование в размере 2 000 000 долларов США из компенсационной комиссии Организации Объединенных Наций для борьбы с вирусом COVID-19 в вашем городе через Генерального секретаря ООН (г-н Антонио Мануэль).

Ответьте для более подробной информации, чтобы подать компенсацию.

Анна Уолтер.
Платеж Организации Объединенных Наций

Subject: You have a donation. US dollars

Hi,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected for a donation of $ 2,000,000 from the United Nations Compensation Commission to fight the COVID-19 virus in your city through the UN Secretary General (Mr. Antonio Manuel).

Reply for more details to claim compensation.

Anna Walter
United Nations payment

Butchers Blind

You need to get on that, quick. Don't miss out, reply.

Fambo Number Mive

Make sure you reply in Russian though.

JesusAndYourBush

Yeah I'm in for a bit of scambaiting.  I'll take it as far as the 'administration fee'.

Alberon

That's very weak. They've had at least two months to work out a good approach for spam and that's the best they can manage?

Why not a link to download the tracking app or one addressed to your next of kin confirming cancellation of your benefits as the government thinks you're dead.

Tension Knob

you should donate the money to the nhs and get an OBE

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: АлексейПривет,

Пожертвование было бы очень полезно, спасибо.
Пожалуйста, пришлите мне больше деталей.

Алексей

Quote from: (translation)Hi,

A donation would be very useful, thankyou.
Please send me more details.

Alexei

The reply is in English...

QuoteHello,

I am Anna Walter, European Union Economic and Financial Directorate in charge of processing and remitting payment to all Beneficiaries of the European Union Compensation Scheme. We have $2,000,000 USD of your compensation funds from the European Union Government (EU).

Please be informed that the funds are coming directly from the European Union. It is a Compensation from the European Union (EU) for business empowerment and to help the less privileged in your community.

Find Attached is the Release Form which you are required to fill and return to me, to enable us open, EUROPEAN UNION (EU) BENEFICIARY REMITTANCE FILE (EU.B.R.F) and also carry out a one-time transfer of your EU Compensation funds which is $2,000,000 USD to you.

Note that a scanned copy of your identification (Driver's License or Passport ID) is also required.

On behalf of the Committee, I wish to congratulate you once more for emerging a recipient in this regard.

Sincerely,

Mrs. Anna Walter
United Nations Payment
Email: ...

There was also 2 attachments. An image and a docx file which I used an online docx to txt conversion site just to be safe, it's a form wanting a few personal details and a photo of my passport.  Is anyone up for photoshopping a Russian passport for Алексей?

I've image searched the photo (after taking that image and cropping it to just leave the photo) and the photo doesn't show up anywhere, and Anna Walter doesn't appear to exist as someone connected to the UN, although apparently she has powerhouse vocals.

Fambo Number Mive

Isn't it great when the EU and UN work together to offer a stranger $2,000,000 to fight covid in their city. Sounds like a Farage fever dream.

BlodwynPig

I just got this on LinkedIn

QuoteHi Blodwyn,

$200(minimum) Honorarium for 1 hour research call

Biological Wastewater Treatment Research.

What recent experience do you have in this space?

Kindly include your email on your response if interested.

Cheers,

Joseph

Hmmmm...tempted