Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:11:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cabinet minister accused of sending racist Coronavirus message

Started by Fambo Number Mive, May 24, 2020, 02:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteCabinet minister Anne-Marie Trevelyan is accused of stoking racial tension after circulating an anti-Chinese jibe to Tory MPs.

The International Development Secretary, 51 – tasked with delivering £13.4billion in overseas aid – sent it to a WhatsApp group which was discussing concerns that China is exploiting the coronavirus pandemic.

A disgusted MP forwarded a screenshot to the Sunday Mirror, saying: "This should cost the minister her job. It's an appalling example of old-fashioned stereotypes."...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/cabinet-minister-anne-marie-trevelyan-22076194

You can see the alleged message at the Mirror link. If she did send this, I think she should resign as a minister and lose the Tory whip. There is no excuse for sending such a meme, especially at a time when Chinese people in the UK have been facing an upsurge in racism.I'm sure the voters of Berwick-upon-Tweed would not be impressed.

Buelligan

You really couldn't make it up.  I simply wouldn't be believable.

Sebastian Cobb

Sorry all the adults got together and decided the only form of racism that gets people sacked is the kind that damages the left of the labour party.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

BlodwynPig

ollyboro

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteShe adds "Just for Bob" – Bob Seely, the MP campaign-ing against Chinese tech giant Huawei supplying 5G network kit. He replied with a love heart and smiley face.

Bob Seely is the MP for the Isle of Wight

Buelligan

I hear you're a racist now, Minister? How did you get interested in that type of thing?

Indomitable Spirit

Hey, just because she's a massive fucking racist doesn't necessarily stop her from being good at her job as *checks notes*... International Development Secretary.

Blue Jam

Sebastian Cobb

Blue Jam

Fambo Number Mive

I reckon Anne and Bob are delighted about Cummings taking the heat off them.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Blue Jam

Isle Of wight Bob is gutted that the festival has been cancelled this year. Now he and Legend Gary will have to wait until 2021 before they can throw bottles of piss at Duran Duran.

Blue Jam

Isle Of wight Bob posts a dog turd through Mark King's letterbox.

Blue Jam

Isle Of wight Bob pastes a photo of Mrs Legend Gary and Mrs Pubes Daz onto the WELCOME TO COWES sign.

Legend Gary later punts him off the hovercraft.

Blue Jam

Isle Of wight Bob is secretly gutted that he now has to go to the mainland to find a Chinese takeaway that will still serve him.

Sebastian Cobb

Isle of Wight Bob decides it's a nice day for trapping a load of tourists in an archaic train.

Butchers Blind

Isel of Wight Bob breaks into the zoo while in lockdown and unlocks all the cages.

Captain Z

Come on, be fair, at least they hadn't replaced the r's with l's. It's actually quite progressive.

Hand Solo

I am absolutely disgusted.

It should be 'You NO have coronavirus'.

Blue Jam

Sony Walkman Prophecies

She probably doesn't hate Chinese people, but it is unfathomably stupid for a cabinet minister to send someone that, even in a private group. But then, we live in a world of rampant internet addiction where even important public figures use the web as an open latrine.

jobotic

News elsewhere suggests that she can do whatever the fuck she wants with no consequences. As does the presence of Patel at cabinet meetings.

Sony Walkman Prophecies

In a way you have to feel sorry for the likes of Neil Hamilton and John Profumo. Had they begun their political careers in our century, they could just laid low for a year before being snuck back in, by which point no one would remember who they were, let alone what they'd done.