Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:10:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cum Backwash

Started by Abnormal Palm, May 25, 2020, 07:33:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Quote from: Kelvin on May 25, 2020, 11:00:22 AM
Many of the these people and outlets aren't genuinely angry about the hypocrisy. They just want to weaponise it to further soften up the public to the idea of easing restrictions. There's no righteous anger here.

I agree with that, wholeheartedly.  It's pretty obscene.  Pretty horrific that thoughts like that are normal now.

Thomas

Slobberin' Dan Hodges:

QuoteI wrote at the very start of lockdown I was concerned where we were heading with all this. Having seen those vultures who claim to be Cummings 'neighbours' taunting him in the street I see I was right to be concerned. We've completely lost our way.

idunnosomename

Dan Hodges can barely string a sentence together. He is just incredible really

Twit 2

Tenzing Norgay - "It's fucked my bank holiday up proper and I'm well cunted 'bout it."

Barry Chuckles - "If Paulie were here, he'd hate this lark, sure enough."

Tom Nook, that raccoon off of Animal Crossing - "Jabberblabbermeepmeep"

The Third Chuckle Brother what's bald: "Man grows used to everything, the scoundrel."

Peter Jackson - "Fuck my jandals!"

DAMNING

Alberon

From the Torygraph this evening.

QuoteFar from being a Westminster 'bubble' story, news of Mr Cummings' behaviour during lockdown has gone well beyond SW1A and the Twittersphere.

Disgust at the double standards on display is being expressed at the breakfast table, on the WhatsApp groups and over garden fences the length and breadth of the land.

Perhaps, had we not all been confined to our homes for the last two months, with nothing better to do than absorb every single snippet of news, then Mr Cummings might have got away with it.

But people feel what he has done has a direct bearing on the lives they have been living in lockdown. This sorry saga hasn't just reignited an ideological war between Brexit and remainers, as Downing Street might have you believe. People aren't seeing it as a debate between left and right, but right and wrong.

One newly-elected Red Wall Tory could not have assessed the damage more starkly when he said on Monday: "My constituents are furious. They all saw Boris as someone who understood ordinary people but that's disappeared overnight.

"Now they are saying he is just another stereotypical self-serving Tory who says it's one rule for us and another for the rest of them.

"Popularity comes and goes, but if you lose the public's trust, it's so difficult to get it back."

What makes Mr Johnson's dilemma even more frustrating for those who know him well is the lack of faith he has demonstrated in his own abilities by keeping Mr Cummings on.

"He says he owes it all to Cummings," says one senior Tory source. "But the country didn't vote for Cummings, they voted for Boris."

QuoteHow can his machine work when one of the biggest cogs in it spends much of his time clogging up the works by insulting the very ministers and MPs upon which the whole show depends? Cummings has turned toxic and now it is poisoning the PM's future.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/05/25/boris-johnson-peoples-politician-risks-squandering-common-touch/

lazyhour

Tory MP Andrew Bridgen justified Cummings' trip to the castle thusly, on Channel 4 News:

"Recovering from [covid-19] does affect your decision-making...err... Severely... inhibits you..."

Incredible.

Barry Admin

Are there any cut-ups of all the times he said "reasonable"?

I liked the bit when Johnson showed his "spectacles" - bizarre.

Kryton

Why are a lot of the cunts defending him on twitter wearing bow ties?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Is that a real Metro headline?

Pretty pleased if so. That's the message that needs sending out, that we are looking at the elite. Ie - removing ourselves from Brussels still leaves us slaves of these goblins.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 25, 2020, 10:10:49 PM

Pretty pleased if so. That's the message that needs sending out, that we are looking at the elite. Ie - removing ourselves from Brussels still leaves us slaves of these goblins.

Yup

Surprised you're not showing any solidarity with a fellow Mekon-afflicted man

Rizla

Yeah. Just a shame the circulation's gone through the floor what with no fuckers on the buses.

Emma Raducanu

Quote from: Kryton on May 25, 2020, 09:52:52 PM
Why are a lot of the cunts defending him on twitter wearing bow ties?

because their Mums dress them

Birdie

I'm astounded by Boris' reaction to all this. He's badly misread the public mood. You've got to wonder who's advising... oh.

Kelvin

I think that's misplaced, tbh. As I said on the previous page, papers like The Metro won't carry this narrative on for any useful amount of time. They will literally only hammer the "one rule for us, the other for them" line for as long as it takes to anger the public, and ease restrictions. That is their only desire; to justify a return to (quite literally) business as usual. Underneath it all, they're not saying, "Look at these bastards risking lives", they're saying, "Why can't we risk lives like them?" 

Bently Sheds

Quote from: lazyhour on May 25, 2020, 09:46:20 PM

"Remember to brush your hair, Andrew love. It's school photo day today"
"Yes mum"

Alberon

From Robert Shrimsley of the Financial Times
Johnson now in the worst possible place. Burned up good will and political capital to save Cummings. Govt seriously damaged by this. But he'll be humiliated if he lets him go now and it's far too late to get credit for doing so. Rock & a hard place

Abnormal Palm

Douglas Ross MP quits.

This is the key section.

olliebean

Johnson's approval rating now down 20 points at -1%. Result!

Quote from: olliebean on May 26, 2020, 01:43:32 PM
Johnson's approval rating now down 20 points at -1%. Result!

82 seat majority and election over 4 years away, he's virtually indestructible isn't he? 

Alberon

There's been a few rumblings that the 1922 committee might be about to get involved. Johnson is not under serious threat yet, but neither is he invulnerable.

Yes I saw that, there is also rumblings Murdoch has turned against him, and is pulling some stings to brief against him, he wants Gove!

Quote from: MinnieTimperley on May 26, 2020, 02:50:56 PM
82 seat majority and election over 4 years away, he's virtually indestructible isn't he?

Thatcher had a majority of 102 in 1987. Then the poll tax happened.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on May 26, 2020, 03:11:27 PM
Thatcher had a majority of 102 in 1987. Then the poll tax happened.

And then the Tories stayed in power until 1997. I'd like to be hopeful, but I can't see any light in this situation at all.

Quote from: SpiderChrist on May 26, 2020, 03:59:00 PM
And then the Tories stayed in power until 1997. I'd like to be hopeful, but I can't see any light in this situation at all.

Quite, but that wasn't really my point.

SpiderChrist

Norton Canes

Quote from: MinnieTimperley on May 26, 2020, 02:50:56 PM

Couple of by-elections would be nice right now.