Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,314
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:44:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

extra strength regaine for men

Started by kittens, May 25, 2020, 02:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kittens

buying this the moment i get paid. any experiences with using extra strength regaine for men. using my sockpuppet account as i am ashamed. will it reverse my balding? no teasing allowed in this thread, this is a safe space for balding men. thanks all

peanutbutter

I thought it was called Rogaine?

As a 29 year old balding man, it makes way more sense to me to just let it totally go to fuck and then get a hair transplant if I felt I wanted it. The amount of work involved in those other solutions just sounds like a fucking misery, may as well wear a wig?

Butchers Blind

You might as well smear cow shit on your bonce and sit under a sun lamp.  These comanies prey on the insecure.

I hope I never go bald because I don't think I'd suit it and I definitely don't suit wearing a hat.
I don't really suit having hair to be honest but I reckon it's the best of a bad lot.

You remember those old lads you'd see all dapper in a three piece suit on a scorching hot summers day? You don't see those any more, do you?

It just got me thinking that I can't wait for that moment where you're so old that you just completely stop caring, shuffling around in shat slacks with a tree growing out your nose, but I was thinking, just my luck I'd be one of those poor saps who still makes the effort and dies of heatstroke on the way to the shops for a packet of fags.

mjwilson

I looked at this years ago but was put off by the fact that you have to keep using it all the time forever, otherwise the enbaldening just carried on from where it had go up to. Seemed like too much effort.

Sin Agog

Your MPB is nature telling you that your body's served its purpose now that you're a father.  Either heed its wisdom or rock this most beautiful of comb-overs:

If you grow it long enough you can twiddle with the end bits tucked under your ear.  You will not have to suffer twiddle withdrawal.

QDRPHNC

As far as I know, Rogaine does work, but only in a specific number of cases with a specific type of baldness.

Also you have to keep using it forever, otherwise the new hair starts to fall out after a few months.

kittens

Pijlstaart

For me it is a civil rights issue, our hairist society enforces an inflexible hair orthodoxy and it is bald minds and bodies that suffer the consequences. Learn to love your bald self and your bald self will love you back. You are easier to clean, a one-sponge-job, celebrate your bald body and reward it. Remove the negative elements from your bald life, and surround yourself with like-minded individuals who foster bald excellence, join a bald percussion circle, crack an egg on your head, educate your friends and family when they display hurtful hairist sentiment.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Hand Solo

Have you considered writing HAIR on a piece of paper and stapling it to your head?

Sin Agog

If you do go bald you'll have to rename yourself to siamese kittens.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Chollis on May 25, 2020, 06:27:25 PM
did it work?

Yes, just as described above.

Also I didn't have any choice as I wouldn't have been able to afford any of these treatments at the time they would have made any difference. As far as I'm aware the Regaine stuff has the effect for many of making them lose even more hair to start with before any comes back.

kittens

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 25, 2020, 07:07:04 PM
Yes, just as described above.

Also I didn't have any choice as I wouldn't have been able to afford any of these treatments at the time they would have made any difference. As far as I'm aware the Regaine stuff has the effect for many of making them lose even more hair to start with before any comes back.

what???? it makes you balder and brings back what it removed??

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: kittens on May 25, 2020, 07:23:44 PM
what???? it makes you balder and brings back what it removed??

You will have your hair back kittens, but first you must go into the HEART OF BALDNESS

Butchers Blind

The only real options are 1) shave it all off   2) get a syrup but be prepared for everyone to laugh behind your back or to your face  3) get a hair transplant like that excellent one Rooney had or Elton's got  4) live with it you bald cunt.

Janie Jones

My daughter's friend, mid thirties, just spent £5K on a hair transplant. He's lost his hair in a 'widow's peak' pattern so they harvested the abundant hair from the back of his head and filled in either side of the peak. He's really pleased with it. Not particularly painful, just uncomfortable and boring as it takes hours implanting hairs individually by hand.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Janie Jones on May 25, 2020, 08:18:37 PM
My daughter's friend, mid thirties, just spent £5K on a hair transplant. He's lost his hair in a 'widow's peak' pattern so they harvested the abundant hair from the back of his head and filled in either side of the peak. He's really pleased with it. Not particularly painful, just uncomfortable and boring as it takes hours implanting hairs individually by hand.

Do you know how long it lasts for Janie?

I've a bald spot on the back of my head and the old forehead's looking a bit bigger than it used to but I can't afford anything like the above, if I won the lottery I'll be all over that shit in a second though.

kittens

regaine makes you lose more hair then takes 4-6 months to work on you if you are one of the lucky people it works on. i guess i'll just go bald gracefully.

Janie Jones

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on May 25, 2020, 08:56:07 PM
Do you know how long it lasts for Janie?

Lifetime, so he was told. Certain follicles succumb to the genetic/hormonal environment that makes male pattern baldness affect young men. However, some follicles have inbuilt resistance, such as your pubes and the hair lower down your head at the back. So if you successfully implant the whole follicle, it will not succumb to whatever made the preceding hair fall out. That's the theory.

I know someone who recommends (for occasional use only) that spray on fibre stuff, there's loads of YouTube videos of it. Might work for a 'bald spot' sort of issue although I don't think it's suitable for everyday use or getting wet or sweaty which might make the colour run.

Pinball

The best available current treatment for male pattern hair loss (to my knowledge) is Propecia 1 mg Film-Coated Tablets
https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/2194/smpc

You'll need a private prescription as it isn't available on the NHS. Unlike most purported treatments, this one has been shown to work in controlled clinical trials, and has a marketing authorisation from the MHRA.

From the datasheet:

Clinical efficacy

Studies in men

Clinical studies were conducted in 1879 men aged 18 to 41 with mild to moderate, but not complete, vertex hair loss and/or frontal/mid-area hair loss. In the two studies in men with vertex hair loss (n=1553), 290 men completed 5 years of treatment with Propecia vs. 16 patients on placebo. In these two studies, efficacy was assessed by the following methods: (i) hair count in a representative 5.1cm2 area of scalp, (ii) patient self assessment questionnaire, (iii) investigator assessment using a seven point scale, and (iv) photographic assessment of standardised paired photographs by a blinded expert panel of dermatologists using a seven point scale.

In these 5- year studies men treated with 'Propecia' improved compared to both baseline and placebo beginning as early as 3 months, as determined by both the patient and investigator assessments of efficacy. With regard to hair count, the primary endpoint in these studies, increases compared to baseline were demonstrated starting at 6 months (the earliest time point assessed) through to the end of the study. In men treated with 'Propecia' these increases were greatest at 2 years and gradually declined thereafter to the end of 5 years; whereas hair loss in the placebo group progressively worsened compared to baseline over the entire 5 year period. In 'Propecia' treated patients, a mean increase from baseline of 88 hairs [p <0.01; 95% CI (77.9, 97.80; n=433] in the representative 5.1 cm2 area was observed at 2 years and an increase from baseline of 38 hairs [p <0.01; 95% CI (20.8, 55.6); n=219] was observed at 5 years, compared with a decrease from baseline of 50 hairs [p <0.01; 95% CI (-80.5, -20.6);n=47] at 2 years and a decrease from baseline of 239 hairs [p <0.01; 95% CI (-304.4, -173.4); n=15] at 5 years in patients who received placebo. Standardised photographic assessment of efficacy demonstrated that 48% of men treated with finasteride for 5 years were rated as improved, and an additional 42% were rated as unchanged. This is in comparison to 25% of men treated with placebo for 5 years who were rated as improved or unchanged. These data demonstrate that treatment with 'Propecia' for 5 years resulted in a stabilisation of the hair loss that occurred in men treated with placebo.

An additional 48-week, placebo-controlled study designed to assess the effect of 'Propecia' on the phases of the hair-growth cycle (growing phase [anagen] and resting phase [telogen]) in vertex baldness enrolled 212 men with androgenetic alopecia. At baseline and 48 weeks, total, anagen and telogen hair counts were obtained in a 1-cm2 target area of the scalp. Treatment with 'Propecia' led to improvements in anagen hair counts, while men in the placebo group lost anagen hair. At 48 weeks, men treated with 'Propecia' showed net increases in total and anagen hair counts of 17 hairs and 27 hairs, respectively, compared to placebo. This increase in anagen hair count, compared to total hair count, led to a net improvement in the anagen-to-telogen ratio of 47% at 48 weeks for men treated with 'Propecia', compared to placebo. These data provide direct evidence that treatment with 'Propecia' promotes the conversion of hair follicles into the actively growing phase.

peanutbutter

I reckon by the time I'm financially stable enough to justify some madness like 10k or whatever on a hair transplant, it'll be a thing loads of people do. Why the fuck not, like? Your friends'll make fun of you for a bit?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Dex Sawash

Is there a pill that will make it all fall out so I can stop shaving and maybe attract nonces?

Twit 2

Quote from: kittens on May 25, 2020, 02:44:23 PM
buying this the moment i get paid. any experiences with using extra strength regaine for men. using my sockpuppet account as i am ashamed. will it reverse my balding? no teasing allowed in this thread, this is a safe space for balding men. thanks all

2 Zooms

timebug

Went bald on the crown of my head years ago. I live with it. None of these snake-oil cures actually do anything other than make the manufacturers rich(er). Live with it,it's what genetics and nature dealt you! And I would rather eat shit than wear a fucking syrup! Or a comb-over! Be bald and proud if that's what you are becoming.

Chollis

Quote from: Janie Jones on May 25, 2020, 09:48:58 PM
Lifetime, so he was told. Certain follicles succumb to the genetic/hormonal environment that makes male pattern baldness affect young men. However, some follicles have inbuilt resistance, such as your pubes and the hair lower down your head at the back. So if you successfully implant the whole follicle, it will not succumb to whatever made the preceding hair fall out. That's the theory.

this is correct

male pattern baldness is basically your hair follicles being sensitive to dihydrotestosterone(DHT). propecia/finasteride is the only thing that dramatically reduces your DHT enough to stop your follicles getting fucked.

regaine/minoxidil is just a growth stimulant, doesn't combat the underlying cause of baldness but if you're lucky it can give you small regrowth/maintenance for as long as you use it

hair on the back of your head is, in most cases, not sensitive to DHT, "healthy", so can be transplanted onto the top of your bonce, like Elon Musk here

if you have aggressive baldness, even the hair on the back/sides of your head is sensitive to DHT, and thins out. richest cunt in the world here can't get a hair transplant if he wanted to: