Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:00:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"Boo for Boris"

Started by Fambo Number Mive, May 25, 2020, 03:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

I'm definitely doing it.  Just one big boo is it?  I'm up for that.

Like a bellowing moose in rut.

Cuntbeaks

Fuck all here, not even a sigh or angry tutting.

olliebean

Anyone hear any booing? Not the slightest hint of it here.

notjosh

Nothing here, except the magpies across the tracks who suddenly started going apeshit. Fair play to them, always had them pegged as a bunch of I'm-Alright-Jacks.

Buelligan

I did mine.  Heard the village clock and a distant car horn. 

SteveDave

Not a sausage on my street.

Captain Z

The entire city was doing it here, glorious.

Jittlebags

Booze for Boris. In fact I'm not waiting till Thurday, I'm doing it now. That's him learnt. The fat, blonde fucker. Mind, do you reckon he's done a Radcliffe on the lawn in Buckingham Palace? A big, greasy one.

idunnosomename

i am a spooky ghost by trade so bit of a busman's holiday for me

jobotic

I bood and then Windsor Davies up the road shouted SHHUUT UPP so I scuttled back inside.

Plenty of booing on my street in central Edinburgh.  Didn't realise what was going on at first.

Tony Tony Tony

It's gone midnight down my street and they are still booing.

Mind you it could be the cows over the field,

Pingers

Quote from: ajsmith2 on May 25, 2020, 03:33:33 PM
Just seen the inevitable comparison with the 2 minute hate from George Orwell's only book being wheeled out by Dankula (and doubtless countless others) as predictably as clockwork on Twitter. I mean fair enough in some ways, this is likely going to be useless overblown performative outrage that isn't going to change anyone's mind and will only solidify divisions. On the other hand using gossamer-threadbare 1984 analogies to illustrate your petty political point scoring is in itself pretty overblown and performative, with the added major negative of propping up a murderously rotten and evil government.

Nice.

idunnosomename

do orwell fans never talk about animal farm then? or is that just for babies

Jittlebags

How are we doing the ironic Clap for Cummings tomorrow? I've got some ironmongery ready to be struck by a wooden spoon. Not sure how to convey the I support NHS, but think Cummings is a twat who thinks he's cleverer than the rest of us, and can get away with one vibe though. Being in Wales and not being farther from my home than 4 miles in the last 2 months, maybe I should go on a 500 mile coastal/Offas Dyke road trip?

thenoise

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 27, 2020, 09:48:35 PM
do orwell fans never talk about animal farm then? or is that just for babies
When it comes to the alt-right they mostly just post that quote 'In a time of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.'

That's not from 1984, is it from Animal Farm perhaps? No. One of his essays? Articles?

Guess again.  They made it up.

Just found myself outside booing heartily, realised it wasnt boo for boris night, I've booed on nhs night. I blame you lot for muddying, diluting and confusing the agenda. You pratts