Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:45:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

[Muso] Headphones

Started by El Unicornio, mang, May 09, 2005, 08:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Unicornio, mang

I'm looking to get hold of some decent, but affordable headphones for recording my music, but I'm totally clueless about which ones to buy. Anyone have any suggestions?

Johnny Yesno

Sennheiser do some nice cans, probably the best you'll get for the money. Turnkey in London were doing their eh350 model, which I think would suit your needs, for £39.99 recently but I don't know how much they'd go for round your way.

You can see Sennheiser's full range here and here.

NoSleep

The headphones I use for mixing are a set of Denon AH-D750's, which have been my constant companion at mixes for years now (getting a bit knackered along the way).

How much are looking to spend? In a recent discussion on the NI Reaktor forum the AKG240S's got the big-up from several people (I haven't used them myself), and looking around via google it's a generally held opinion they they are the ones to look at.

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/?page=shop/man_home&manufacturer_id=78&r=google

You could try and get hold of the AKG271S if there's more money around for them, but, having googled, there doesn't seem to be sight of them in the UK (maybe not a problem if you're in Orlando).