Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:46:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Please help me, an African American man exists

Started by Dewt, May 25, 2020, 11:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Dewt on May 26, 2020, 12:57:36 AM
This is exactly how the court system treats white racists, rapist frat boys etc.

Just an incredible extension of benefit of doubt, even after you've been shown a video of her warning her that she's going to use his race to get the police to work on her behalf.

But again, context is lacking.  Perhaps she is a manipulative racist who is looking to get a black man convicted because he caused her a minor convenience.  Or maybe there is more to this.  And given neither of us are on the jury in this case, then yes I'd say a fucking massive benefit of doubt has to be given.  Thirty seconds of mobile footage like that shouldn't be enough for an internet pile-on.  You & I know NOTHING - zero, zilch, nada - about the woman or the circumstances around this.  If she's simply a racist nugget, she should be charged to the full letter of the law.  But not in the court of Twitter.

Dewt

This will remind me to be nicer to racists.

It's so textbook and scary - the instinctual defense that you get for the people with all the power. This is exactly how it all perpetuates.

Now, I'm off to go vote for the Liberal Party of America

Danger Man

Quote from: Kryton on May 26, 2020, 01:00:06 AM
Fuck your passive aggression and fuck your stupid 4chan bullshit.

I'm mixed race (like Obama) and Dewt hates me so go figure.

Kryton

Quote from: Dewt on May 26, 2020, 01:02:33 AM

This will remind me to be nicer to racists.

It's so textbook and scary - the instinctual defense that you get for the people with all the power. This is exactly how it all perpetuates.

Now, I'm off to go vote for the Liberal Party of America

Man go for vote for the 'missing the point completely and still managing to talk shit' party.

I fucking despise cunts like you.
A well to do background ( I presume) suddenly finding a video of racism, instigating a pile-on, whilst  fucking deflecting. You're an ignorant prick if you think this is isolated. This happens every single day and calling me out for calling you out is a cunt's move.

Fuck you and your precious cotton wool bubble.

Dewt

Quote from: TheBrownBottle on May 26, 2020, 01:02:07 AM
But again, context is lacking.  Perhaps she is a manipulative racist who is looking to get a black man convicted because he caused her a minor convenience.  Or maybe there is more to this.  And given neither of us are on the jury in this case, then yes I'd say a fucking massive benefit of doubt has to be given.  Thirty seconds of mobile footage like that shouldn't be enough for an internet pile-on.  You & I know NOTHING - zero, zilch, nada - about the woman or the circumstances around this.  If she's simply a racist nugget, she should be charged to the full letter of the law.  But not in the court of Twitter.
There are no extenuating circumstances. The crime is fully recorded, it is representative of a major societal ill, and publicly shaming it does an incredible job of eroding its power.

If she stabbed him on video would you give him the benefit of the doubt? No, she stabbed him. What you're effectively saying is that being a racist isn't important enough to treat as a real problem.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Dewt on May 26, 2020, 12:51:24 AM
I said as gently as possible the it is understandable to not recognise this form of racism. Ignorant just as I was before I was shown examples of this, and every other person who didn't know this is how the world works because they weren't on the receiving end of it all. You could either take the opportunity to learn or make the baffling decision to call the messenger a white-knight of all things.

("white knight" is usually an insult you use for somebody defending a woman's honour, but you've chosen to invoke it over race which is quite, quite mad)

yeah I've been in plenty of progressive circles where "white knighting" has been used by LGBT folk and POCs to describe anybody from a "majority" group talking over members of any minority group in the name of advocating for them so it's actually not "quite, quite mad"

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on May 26, 2020, 01:00:40 AM
I'm not sure public shaming is the answer, no matter how poetic the justice.
Public shaming is one thing. The problem is the Internet can get out of control very quickly. I'm deeply uncomfortable with the fact that somebody found and posted her insta so quickly. Her behaviour warrants punishment for wasting police time in a pandemic, breaking leash laws and possibly committing a hate crime depending on local/state laws. Not somebody going to her fucking house and assaulting her.

QuoteHow does that sort of thing escalate and so fast? Even if you feel like you're in the right, I never understand why people don't want to bring everything down and meet in the middle, they seem far happier whipping things up to a frenzy and watching it all spiral into the mad sky.
Entitlement. Utter entitlement and a lack of shamelessness.

Dewt are you not taking your tablets or are you just looking for a fucking fight

you called me a socially awkward friendless cunt for "threadshitting" because I didn't agree with you about Young People Today and now you're shitting up your own thread with delicious drama

seems to be a cycle with you

Kryton

Quote from: Dewt on May 26, 2020, 01:08:58 AM
There are no extenuating circumstances. The crime is fully recorded, it is representative of a major societal ill, and publicly shaming it does an incredible job of eroding its power.

If she stabbed him on video would you give him the benefit of the doubt? No, she stabbed him. What you're effectively saying is that being a racist isn't important enough to treat as a real problem.

Because this is the ONLY instance in the world? Are you that dumb?

Dewt

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on May 26, 2020, 01:09:06 AM
Public shaming is one thing. The problem is the Internet can get out of control very quickly. I'm deeply uncomfortable with the fact that somebody found and posted her insta so quickly. Her behaviour warrants punishment for wasting police time in a pandemic, breaking leash laws and possibly committing a hate crime depending on local/state laws. Not somebody going to her fucking house and assaulting her.
You can see the problem with black people addressing this through the formal systems of society though, right? "Yeah, just address the racism through the system through which it operates". It doesn't work. But now people have phones and it can be exposed. That's the only power there is to fight this. It shouldn't be dismissed because the woman involved got doxed. "Sorry, no you can't fight back because some people might join in and take it too far."

Dewt

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on May 26, 2020, 01:10:33 AM
Dewt are you not taking your tablets or are you just looking for a fucking fight

you called me a socially awkward friendless cunt for "threadshitting" because I didn't agree with you about Young People Today and now you're shitting up your own thread with delicious drama

seems to be a cycle with you
Read the tone of my posts in this thread and compare them to the responses. There are a lot of people itching for contextless drama lately, and I receive a fuckload of it because I post a lot about "issues" stuff.

Kryton

Quote from: Dewt on May 26, 2020, 01:12:50 AM
Read the tone of my posts in this thread and compare them to the responses.

C'mon what's this warning fucker?

Dewt

Kryton has black friends.

Not sharing these to be petty, it's just the guy's a case-study at this point.

Quote from: Dewt on May 26, 2020, 01:12:05 AM
You can see the problem with black people addressing this through the formal systems of society though, right? "Yeah, just address the racism through the system through which it operates". It doesn't work. But now people have phones and it can be exposed. That's the only power there is to fight this. It shouldn't be dismissed because the woman involved got doxed. "Sorry, no you can't fight back because some people might join in and take it too far."
...did you not see me saying that she should be prosecuted for wasting police time? There's evidence of her wasting police time.

Quote from: Dewt on May 26, 2020, 01:12:50 AM
Read the tone of my posts in this thread and compare them to the responses.
I see you posting private messages to smear Kryten as a member of the KKK. Do you have an erection yet

Dewt

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on May 26, 2020, 01:14:20 AM
...did you not see me saying that she should be prosecuted for wasting police time? There's evidence of her wasting police time.
You are being extremely confrontational about me not agreeing to your post wholesale.

Rainbow Moses

Quote from: Dewt on May 26, 2020, 12:44:01 AMUntil you learn that she isn't just being a bit of a jerk here, you are involved in perpetuating racism.

Until you learn to stop calling people "spacko" and accusing them of autism like some lame 4channer, you are involved in perpetuating ableism.

Danger Man

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on May 26, 2020, 01:10:33 AM

The only non 100% white guy on here is getting ignored to death.

No surprise. These threads are always about white people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmyF-DBIq2I

Quote from: Dewt on May 26, 2020, 01:08:58 AM

No, I'm not.  I've stated several times she should be prosecuted in the event that she is compos mentis.  I've been pretty clear on that.  You're trying to suggest that due process is overruled if you've seen a thirty second video on the internet.  I'm not convinced that we should chuck away the rule of law because you've seen a prick online.

And I don't think being a mouthy racist prick is as serious as stabbing someone.  My better half experienced mouthy racist pricks every day when she was working in the UK - they're a despicable  breed.  But her being stabbed by someone would've been a bit more serious, I'd say.

Quote from: Dewt on May 26, 2020, 01:15:07 AM
You are being extremely confrontational about me not agreeing to your post wholesale.
HAHAHAHAHA you're being a massive hypocrite again

Kryton

Quote from: Dewt on May 26, 2020, 01:13:39 AM

Kryton has black friends.

Not sharing these to be petty, it's just the guy's a case-study at this point.

Why don't you go fuck yourself you slimy little piece of shit. I tried engaging in private, but you took it public. At least I'm honest. You sound like this is your first day on the internet and you're the type of person who tries to 'fist-bump' black people and call them 'brothers'.

I'm done. I might get banned probs. But fuck you.

Dewt

I apologise for not engaging with your reasonable private messages.

Dewt

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on May 26, 2020, 01:17:26 AM
HAHAHAHAHA you're being a massive hypocrite again
This thread is the perfect example of what I'm talking about. I'm trying to talk about a thing, and you're just itching to have an unconstructive war of words.

It is exhausting.

Kryton

My point is: This happens every single day, being pretend outraged doesn't help anyone.
Also, context. The woman in the video might have any number of variables (anxiety, sick, nervous, sheltered whatever?) - Instead of trying to ruin her life, why not do something good? Posting hateful shit doesn't help.

I may have over-reacted a bit, but you posting private messages of how I was trying to explain to you that someone who has mixed raced relatives, this isn't new - you've proved you don't give a fuck, just looking for a reaction.

Kryton

Quote from: Dewt on May 26, 2020, 01:18:27 AM
I apologise for not engaging with your reasonable private messages.

Alright cool, sorry for being a nutter. I react easily these days. Just don't fucking threaten me.

Quote from: Dewt on May 26, 2020, 01:20:25 AM
This thread is the perfect example of what I'm talking about. I'm trying to talk about a thing, and you're just itching to have an unconstructive war of words.

It is exhausting.
Yes, yes, your behaviour has been incredibly reasonable throughout this thread. Threatening people is super reasonable.

Danger Man

Yup, ignored to death.

But I'm a bad non-white.

Non-whites have to be poor in Twedland.

Kryton

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on May 26, 2020, 01:22:20 AM
Yes, yes, your behaviour has been incredibly reasonable throughout this thread. Threatening people is super reasonable.

nah it's me who has been the sweary one, I apologise and will calm down.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Danger Man on May 26, 2020, 01:05:26 AM
I'm mixed race (like Obama) and Dewt hates me so go figure.

Is it even possible to be part landlord?

Kryton

Quote from: Danger Man on May 26, 2020, 01:23:14 AM
Yup, ignored to death.

But I'm a bad non-white.

Non-whites have to be poor in Twedland.

Hi!

Dewt

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on May 26, 2020, 01:22:20 AM
It wasn't a threat (did you notice the words "this is not a threat"), I was literally stating that "just give the racist a chance" will cause problems. Just as "just a warning, standing on one leg might result in you tumbling over a bit" is not a threat. Society is becoming more just and it will go badly for you if you choose to stick with the old ways.

Stop generating grief and talk about the topic of this thread now.