Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 10:21:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Star Trek: TNG Mafia Day 1 -- The hall is rented, the orchestra engaged.

Started by oblivion, May 26, 2020, 08:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oblivion

Hello, my dear friends. It's been a little boring in the Q continuum of late and if I may make a small confession, I've missed your stodgy personalities and blinkered outlooks.  So, I had a wonderful idea! Why not bless you once again with my uplifting and highly diverting presence. Oh happy day!

A dixieland jazz band complete with sousaphone strike up an energetic rendition of When the Saints go Marching in as they dance around the bridge of the Enterprise. The sousaphone tilts downward toward your head and lets out a horrifying BLAT before moving on to another bridge officer.

Only then do you notice that the huge display at the front of the bridge is completely dark. Not the dark of space, which is mostly nothing, but a thick, stultifying black as though the ship has been wrapped in a heavy, smothering blanket of total nothingness.

Oh yes! I have removed us from normal space for the duration of my little game. I think you will enjoy it. I've recently been playing about with the design of novel and amusing lifeforms, and I have come up with a doozy! And I realized immediately that this new lifeform could present a special challenge to you, your crew, and guests Mon Capitaine! You're going to love them!

Shapeshifters! Telepathic shapeshifters. They are already here and the game has begun! They are physically undetectable from those they have replaced.  And they read your minds, knowing exactly what you expect of them, and every moment you have ever spent together with the originals in the past.

Somehow, you will have to find and neutralize them. If you can't, they will be your undoing.

What prize does this game entail, you may ask! For the losers, exile to a planet in a remote globular cluster far from this galaxy's plane. The losers will see the galaxy as it was billions of years ago beckoning dimly in the dark, but they will never return home.

And the winners? They get to keep the Enterprise and go adventuring and frolicking about. Well, the Shapeshifters will. You boring Enterprise creatures, in the unlikely event that you win, will continue with whatever trivial tasks you waste your sad, short lives on.

Let the game begin!

On Board the Ship

• BlodwynPig
  • Spoon of Ploff
  • DrGreggles
  • earl_sleek
  • Delete Delete Delete
  • Rizla
  • Jim Bob
  • selectivememory
  • madhair60
  • Danger Man
  • Fishfinger
  • Cerys
  • Kryton
  • unicycly mcunicylceface
  • pancreas
  • This isnt witty sorry
  • Chairman Yang
  • Prison Biscuits
  • Flouncer
  • Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle
  • Paul Calf

Shuffled off this mortal coil
No one...yet!

As well as your puny efforts to unmask my Shapeshifters, you may also select one among you to serve as mayor. Your mayor's votes will count as 1.5 votes, serving as a tie-breaker. See section 4 of the rules below!

Day 1 begins!

Nightfall is Wednesday, 11:30 PM BST /7:30 PM US EDT

oblivion

The Rules -- PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

1. Game setup

This will be a Themed Mafia timed game. Game Days will run for 28 hours commencing at 7:30 PM UK time and ending at 11:30 PM, and will be followed by a 20-hour Night phase. Night actions will be due at 6:30 PM, giving us an hour to process them before starting the next day phase.

The game is split into distinct Day and Night phases. In the Day, all players can interact with each other in the game thread, talking shit, asking questions, and trying to decide who should be lynched.

During the Night, game play stops and only players with night actions can go to work. There is no public game thread and players cannot communicate with others about the game unless their roles include the ability to communicate privately at night and provide a place for that communication to happen.

2. Teams

The GM (Game Master, i.e. me, assisted by gib) will randomly assign you a role and alignment in the game. If you are Enterprise, you don't know who else is on your team. If you are a Shapeshifter, you will know the other members of your team.

The aim of the game for Enterprise players is to find and root out all threats via lynch and nightkills (if there is a town player with a killing role)

The Shapeshifter scum team, on the other hand, need to outnumber the other players, or reach a point in the game where nothing can prevent that from happening.

In this game there are 21 players and as it is a semi-open setup. You know all the roles that may be in the game, but not a specific list of roles that are in the game.

You do not know how many players are on each team.

Lynched or night-killed players can no longer participate in the game.

3. Lynch voting

Lynching is by voting and as this a timed game, it is a First Past The Post majority vote.

You may vote to lynch player x simply by posting vote player x (bold black text).

You can remove your vote at any time up until Nightfall by posting unvote player x, or by voting for another player - vote player y.

Whichever player has attracted the most votes at the designated Nightfall time will be lynched.

If there is a tie, the GM will randomise the lynch.

4. Mayor voting

In this game, on Day 1, you can vote to elect a Mayor. The Mayor's lynch vote will be worth 1.5 votes.

You may vote to elect player a simply by posting vote player a (bold BLUE text).

You can remove your vote at any time up until Nightfall by posting unvote player a, or by voting for another player - vote player b.

Whichever player has attracted the most votes at the designated Nightfall time will be elected Mayor.

If there is a tie, the GM will randomise the result.

The Mayor remains in that role unless lynched or night-killed, after which a new Mayor can be elected on the next game day.

5. Night actions

The Shapeshifter team will choose another player to night-kill each night. There may be other killing roles in the game.

6. The GMs

are Gods. Their word is law. Their names are oblivion and gib.

You may not quote the words of the GM in the game thread or elsewhere, including the description of your role or any private messages. You can paraphrase. If you think your paraphrase may hew a little too close to the line, then CHECK WITH A GM FIRST. Questions are vastly preferable to Godkills.

The only exception to this rule is this: You may quote the rules.

oblivion

Were I to have something so mundane as a Role PM in this game, it would look something like this:

Welcome!

You are Q, master of all you see and foresee in the universe. But, what sort of game would it be with an unbeatable player? I must insist that you put aside your omnipotent powers for the nonce. You are Vanilla Enterprise .

Abilities:
  • Your voice and your vote

Win Condition:
You win when all threats to the Enterprise have been eliminated

In order to avoid PM limitations, you have been given a Quicktopic thread where you can ask the GMs any questions you have before or during the game. It is here: https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/4vMqidf2WcDvj (link).

BlodwynPig

Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion!

Approach and Identify...

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

Paul Calf

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 26, 2020, 08:39:40 AM
*Pink fat man waddles towards the holodeck*

Oi! I'll have you know that I've lost a lot of weight since then.

Computer! Run program 'sex alien babes naked ravioli fight avi".

BlodwynPig

oops didn't mean to have that broadcast over the bridge intercom.

BlodwynPig

Good day(?), I am Ensign Robin Lefler, engineer aboard this fine space ship.

Paul Calf

Paul Calf

BlodwynPig

I hereby declare myself and Officer Riker as Enterprise. Job's a guddun.

BlodwynPig

Lt Reginald Barclay, diagnostic enginner. You can call me Reg. I am just off to the holodeck. Please knock before coming in.

Jim Bob

Jim Bob

Quote from: Prison Biscuits on May 26, 2020, 09:36:27 AM
Sir, identify yourself. FRIEND or BORG

Human, for what it's worth but certainly no friend of yours.  I smell a rat and I don't just mean the one currently attempting to escape the cavernous gape of my anus with no small amount of considerable desperation.

Ooh, you just wait!!!

Computer! Run simulation "get buff and dead good at karate wmv".

BlodwynPig

Chairman Yang

... and who's this entering the bridge? It's fan favourite Tasha Yar!

More like Tasha Tar, am I right? Because I was brutally murdered by black alien cum.

unicycley mcunicycleface

selectivememory

Morning everyone. I know next to fuck all about Star Trek, so if my space bantz seems a bit off, it's not because I'm a shapeshifter, honest!

Cerys

BlodwynPig

selectivememory

Hmm. I should clarify, that I meant that I'm definitely not a shapeshifter. I realise that my previous post could be misread as "I might be a shapeshifter but that's not why my space bantz is off."

I'm definitely not a shapeshifter, I can't emphasise that enough.

BlodwynPig

Information is knowledge

Certain is Enterprise

Myself
Paul Calf
Prison B

Enterprise likely

Cerys

Uncertain

JimBob

Borg-likely

SelectiveMemory
Chairman Yang

BlodwynPig

Quote from: selectivememory on May 26, 2020, 11:06:09 AM
Hmm. I should clarify, that I meant that I'm definitely not a shapeshifter. I realise that my previous post could be misread as "I might be a shapeshifter but that's not why my space bantz is off."

I'm definitely not a shapeshifter, I can't emphasise that enough.

Approach and Identify!

selectivememory

Hello, my name is Alyssa Ogawa, Lieutenant junior grade. Happy to be of service.