Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:37:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

having a beer, joints aching like fuck in the morning

Started by PlanktonSideburns, May 26, 2020, 10:09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlanktonSideburns

Can't figure out if it's the cause or not, but it seems like every time I have a beer, 6am following morning I'm woken up with pain in my hip, elbow, knee and shoulder joints

Anyone else get this? Am I just a lightweight with gout?

Butchers Blind

PlanktonSideburns

Hah, literally half a pilsner yesterday, having a beer is currently sharing a bottle of beer with wife at tea time

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Joint pain may be as connected with your diet. Trans fats, sugar, high dairy intake? If you're barely drinking booze anyway might be worth also cutting that out for several weeks to see if it makes a difference.

You could also be a physical wreck just sayin #whalebiologist - what kind of exercise do you take?

Pingers

Pretty sure this means you're going to die of liver failure tomorrow.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 26, 2020, 10:23:46 AM
Joint pain may be as connected with your diet. Trans fats, sugar, high dairy intake? If you're barely drinking booze anyway might be worth also cutting that out for several weeks to see if it makes a difference.

You could also be a physical wreck just sayin #whalebiologist - what kind of exercise do you take?

Since lock down I've been eating really well, real healthy like. 4pre lock down I did eat shitloafs of chocolate,  but I've always done lots of exercise, never been overweight

Body is a shagged bit from working as a plasterer/warehouse worker, and years as a musician dragging gear around in my spare time

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Pingers on May 26, 2020, 10:39:46 AM
Pretty sure this means you're going to die of liver failure tomorrow.

That's what I was worried about.

Will get those marrows planted today

Butchers Blind

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on May 26, 2020, 10:54:41 AM
Body is a shagged bit from working as a plasterer/warehouse worker, and years as a musician dragging gear around in my spare time

This. Not sure how old you but as time goes on its only gonna get worse. Sorry.

Pingers

PlanktonSideburns

Hand Solo

I've got a lot of achey joints as well the last few days, especially the lumbar spine, I've been drinking booze a lot less regularly but also getting a lot more sugar and dairy due to learning to bake due to being bored stuck in the house.

I could make a correlation with change in diet, but I reckon it's more being stuck in the house hunched over a laptop and not getting any exercise. Currently looking on Facebook Marketplace for a 2nd hand bike so I can get a bit of riding going.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Butchers Blind on May 26, 2020, 11:04:24 AM
This. Not sure how old you but as time goes on its only gonna get worse. Sorry.

34 I am - yea that sounds bout right

Why beer make joints ache tho?

Sebastian Cobb

Butchers Blind

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on May 26, 2020, 11:26:02 AM
34 I am - yea that sounds bout right

Alcohol is a diuretic so dehydration might be a factor.  Fuck knows really, could try googling it. 

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Butchers Blind on May 26, 2020, 12:42:46 PM
  Fuck knows really, could try googling it.

Google is a bit real for these situations that just want a little reassuring

pancreas

Gluten intolerance?

"Gluten contamination causes an inflammatory response in the body. That inflammation will make itself known in various ways. Joint pain, often misdiagnosed as rheumatoid arthritis, is a very common symptom of gluten intolerance. This is the symptom that surprised me the most."

Fr.Bigley

Could you be getting enough Vitamin D? And by Vitamin D I mean a massive cock to gobble? I'll pray for you son.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on May 26, 2020, 02:44:19 PM
Sounds like you need a new hip.

Hop dance dvd yes. I'm doing a jive to lad creole and the papayas at the minute.

PlanktonSideburns

Captain Z

Try having a joint, downside is that your beers might start aching like fuck.

When my inflammatory arthritis/gout was finally diagnosed I was told to avoid foods high in purines, including beer, as these can increase uric acid levels in the blood, leading to joint pain. But I'm no expert and always assumed this to have a cumulative effect rather than the almost immediate pain you described.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on May 26, 2020, 05:39:10 PM
When my inflammatory arthritis/gout was finally diagnosed I was told to avoid foods high in purines, including beer, as these can increase uric acid levels in the blood, leading to joint pain. But I'm no expert and always assumed this to have a cumulative effect rather than the almost immediate pain you described.

Ah that's interesting - yea this seems to be -drink half a beer at 6pm - joints ache by following 6pm

Will look into that - thanks for the insight

My situation sounds different to yours in that I drank (and still drink) beer most days without any issues but I'd have a really bad flare-up in my ankles and/or knees on average once or twice a year that would leave me practically immobile. I've been taking a single Allopurinol tablet daily for the last five years and haven't had a problem since. Might be worth asking your GP when this all blows over?

Maybe have the joints and beer on seperate nights.

chveik

ollyboro

Quote from: pancreas on May 26, 2020, 01:00:35 PM
Maybe you are sleeping like a cunt?

That would make sense, because he's definitely drinking like a cunt. Sharing a pilsner with his wife? He needs to drink lots more and tell his wife to fuck right off and drink lots more.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on May 26, 2020, 08:09:59 PM
My situation sounds different to yours in that I drank (and still drink) beer most days without any issues but I'd have a really bad flare-up in my ankles and/or knees on average once or twice a year that would leave me practically immobile. I've been taking a single Allopurinol tablet daily for the last five years and haven't had a problem since. Might be worth asking your GP when this all blows over?

Yes that sounds like  different beast