Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 05:15:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sunn NO)))

Started by flotemysost, May 26, 2020, 06:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flotemysost

ooh it's going to be so sunny this weekend, lovely sun, gonna go spend all day lying in the sun, come out and enjoy the sun ahh why not what's wrong with you just get down on your knees and nosh off the sun

I really don't get the appeal of sunbathing as a standalone activity. Just lying there roasting away, getting drowsy and sweaty and leathery-skinned. Warm-ish weather's nice but I hate fielding invitations to grill under direct rays like a severed shark fin being prepped for soup. And I've got an olive complexion anyway, which everyone seems to think means I'm immune to skin cancer and are baffled by my aversion/my habit of slapping on Factor 50 like Dulux.

The social aspect's not so much of a factor this year of course, but one heatwave in and personally I'm bored of the sun already. Anyone else feel this way?

imitationleather

Call me paranoid if you must but I just don't trust that bright cunt in the sky.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Quote from: Abnormal Palm on May 26, 2020, 06:30:17 PM
Great thread title

Doesn't work if it's pronounced "SunN" though

Hand Solo

I like the sun out, for walking or exercising or having a picnic (with three different flavour of crisps!) or pub garden pissup but sunbathing can fuck off. It's fucking boring. Lying about with your eyes closed? I'm going to sleep. Read a book? Can do that more comfortably indoors. Don't want a tan, thanks, kiss my milk bottle white arse.

Captain Crunch

Quote from: Abnormal Palm on May 26, 2020, 06:30:17 PM
Great thread title

Yes.

Who loves the sun?  Not everyone, and most of them use this website. 

Goldentony

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on May 26, 2020, 06:40:34 PM
Doesn't work if it's pronounced "SunN" though

it is, but it's funnier to say SUNN OH i've been doing it for years, no mates, no partner, unemployed, everything

flotemysost

Quote from: Hand Solo on May 26, 2020, 06:46:07 PM
Don't want a tan, thanks, kiss my milk bottle white arse.

Not sure sunbathing with your arse out is allowed just yet, but we'll see what happens with the next lockdown update.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Sunn O))) am disappoint

I am not a sunbathers either. I like getting in the park or by the sea for a general arse around by just lying there is a bit dull.

However covid makes owt interesting so now it's allowed I have been getting into sunbathing. Turns out it's only a bit boring if you do it for half an hour with some company, then do something else.

Sin Agog

I mostly do it, and work out, to defy the pale, willowy vegan stereotype.

Marner and Me

Don't get it, just lying there burning. Like others have said, do an activity whilst you're doing it. I fucking hate beaches too. Love the sea, hate sand. Bastard stuff gets everywhere.

king_tubby

I love the sun and Sunn O))).

But not The Sun.

king_tubby

Quote from: Goldentony on May 26, 2020, 06:52:16 PM
it is, but it's funnier to say SUNN OH i've been doing it for years, no mates, no partner, unemployed, everything

The sadness in Steven O'Malley's eyes. Seriously, look at his little face, especially since he shaved off the beard. A sad little puppy dog face. With sad eyes. Because of you, Goldentony. Because of you.

notjosh

I hate when people go on about sunbathing as if it's some kind of holiday job you're expected to do whenever you go away. When I get back having spent all my time in lovely dimly lit bookshops and museums it's all "Oh, where's your tan? Why didn't you get a tan? You might as well have stayed at home!". Mind your own business you pink cunt, I don't work for you.

wooders1978

I was invited down to Dorset with friends a while back and we went to the beach and everyone just sunbathed for hours on end, I was bored as fuck, do not get

Sun can fuck off to be honest with its all making things hot and making plants do a hay fever - the cunt

Icehaven

I've said it before but if we do have a serious second spike the blame can squarely be laid at the feet of our friend the Sun, which has put in far, far more of an appearance this April and May than any other April and May I can remember and possibly ever since the dawn of time. Maintaining the strict lockdown for the first 6 weeks or so was made that much more difficult by the unnaturally (for Britain in Spring) lovely weather, and while we'll never know what difference it would have made if it'd pissed it down for the last 2 months like it usually does and made staying in much more appealing, I can confidently predict there'd have been 50% fewer deaths and it'd all be over by now and the pubs would be open again.

Paul Calf

WE SHUD THROW THE SUN IN PRISON AN CHUCK THE KEY AWAY

idunnosomename

Set the controls for the arse of your mum

popcorn

Butchers Blind

Get outside and enjoy yourselves.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I don't much get the appeal of sunbathing either, but I have found that I enjoy being out in the sun more as I've got older. Sunny days in the garden have been a godsend during the lockdown.

jobotic

I like the sunshine as long as there's shade.

Sitting in or lying in the sun? No thanks.

Supposed to be in France now though - swimming in a lake. Fuck that would be nice.

Blue Jam

Quote from: flotemysost on May 26, 2020, 06:29:45 PM
I've got an olive complexion anyway, which everyone seems to think means I'm immune to skin cancer and are baffled by my aversion/my habit of slapping on Factor 50 like Dulux.

I've got very, very pale skin and get the same thing from people, except they tell me I could do with a bit of colour. They also seem to think I'm overdoing it with my use of SPF 50, hats, sunglasses etc but I just remember what sunbed addicts and sun-worshippers look like when they get old and that's all the motivation I need to cover up.

What's so good about having a tan anyway? Alright, they do have a bit of a slimming effect but you can achieve the exact same effect with a tan from a bottle.

I'm surprised sunbeds and sunbathing haven't given way to fake tanning in the way that smoking has given way to vaping. People have been aware of the dangers for years and even if that doesn't put them off, surely people who are vain enough to risk skin cancer should be vain enough to not want wrinkles and age spots?

Blue Jam

That said I do like the occasional bit of lazing about on a beach when I'm on holiday. With a book though. And a hat. And a parasol. And a fuckload of factor 50.

The Culture Bunker

As a kid, I obviously had to go on holiday with my parents. And they liked to go to yer usual Spanish tourist trap places and spend two weeks on the beach. Which I hated - I hated sand getting everywhere, I hated how sea water felt on my skin and thus would spend the time huddled in the shade ignoring my mam's words that the sun would be good for my spotty skin. Eventually, when I was 15, they just got sick of my moaning and let me stay at home. Lucky for them, I had no friends to invite round to trash the house with.

About 18 months ago, it turned out I had a wee bit of the skin cancer on my back, which was luckily caught in very early time and treated painlessly. The doctor who initially saw me started to give me a lecture about being out in the sun without protection, and was surprised when I said "I've not had my shirt off in public in about 30 years". Back when I was comfortable running in the sun in just a pair of shorts, my skin used to tan very darkly so that I vaguely resembled the ex-Man United and Wales utility man Clayton "Sunbed" Blackmore. Naturally, I'm ghostly pale now and would doubtless burn in seconds if I was anywhere hot without a whole bottle of sun cream applied.

I really don't enjoy warm weather, and dread the time my missus decides I need to head to Iran to see where she comes from. I suspect I'll just evaporate into the haze.

greenman

Haven't done a sun and sea kind of holiday for probably 20 years and tend to burn pretty easily but I'v been sunbathing a limited about in the lockdown to makeup for getting outside much less often, I was starting to look rather freakishly white skinned.

flotemysost

Quote from: notjosh on May 27, 2020, 07:55:32 AM
I hate when people go on about sunbathing as if it's some kind of holiday job you're expected to do whenever you go away. When I get back having spent all my time in lovely dimly lit bookshops and museums it's all "Oh, where's your tan? Why didn't you get a tan? You might as well have stayed at home!". Mind your own business you pink cunt, I don't work for you.

Oh god, I hate this. I get it in reverse though:

'Ooh you're looking lovely and tanned aren't you, have you been somewhere nice for your holidays?'

'No, I'm just mixed race'

'Oh'

not everything in the world revolves around fucking sunbathing, Jesus.

notjosh

"Tell you what Pontius, I'm getting a lovely tan up here."

Quote from: flotemysost on May 27, 2020, 05:42:56 PM
not everything in the world revolves around fucking sunbathing, Jesus.

idunnosomename

god its hot. fuck off sun

boki

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 26, 2020, 07:29:48 PM
Sunn O))) am disappoint
I only went with your mother 'cos she's on point.