Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:17:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Dark Series 3 release date announced

Started by Sebastian Cobb, May 26, 2020, 07:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

Is this any good. (I guess you think it must be otherwise you wouldn't have started the thread.) Is it something that is likely to have 'an ending' or do you think the makers will string it out in the hope of getting more and more series commissioned? Just trying to work out whether to watch it or not.

Sebastian Cobb

I think this is confirmed to be the last series. And yes it's great.

holyzombiejesus

Been watching the first series and am just starting the 4th episode. Really enjoying it, reminds me a lot of Les Revenants, although a bit worried that I'm not completely on top of who is who and having a relationship with whom. I'm guessing lots of that will come in to play with origin/ future stories, at least judging from the 3rd episode.

holyzombiejesus

Enjoying this and only have 2 episodes of the first series to go but am a bit wary that it now seems to be going in to all the grandchildren's backstories too. I've already had to make a crib shett of all the characters' names so I can keep up and it's getting pretty unwieldy now, especially when
Spoiler alert
grandparents turn out to be each others children
[close]
and whatnot. Last night I accidentally saw that
Spoiler alert
it goes back as far as the 1920s and also way in to the future.
[close]
Can feel my head starting to hurt....

Sebastian Cobb

Yeah it is quite confusing. I just accepted I'd got lost and still managed to enjoy it. I'll probably rewatch it all before I do s3.

Dunno about you but I had to fiddle with the language settings and put it in German because the dubbing did my head in.

holyzombiejesus

Started series 2 last night. Quite good fun as it was set on 21st June 2020 with the impending apocalypse pencilled in for Saturday.

Inspector Norse

Looking forward to this although I thought series two went a bit OTT with the entire cast suddenly hopping back and forth in time like they were nipping down the shops, not to mention the ending with its suggestion that a shark was in sight waiting to be jumped. The first series was more anchored in the  characters' relationships and was all the better for it.
Still, should make for good fun summer evening viewing and nice to know they're keeping it to a tight three series rather than trying to spin it out for ages and ending up a bloated mess.

NoSleep

Quote from: Inspector Norse on June 22, 2020, 12:01:24 PM
Looking forward to this although I thought series two went a bit OTT with the entire cast suddenly hopping back and forth in time like they were nipping down the shops, not to mention the ending with its suggestion that a shark was in sight waiting to be jumped.

Is that the same shark as the one in the Netflix Dirk Gently? Both shows appear to share the same time machine.

holyzombiejesus

Watched the last 3 of series 2 last night. I'm struggling to muster up any excitement for the final series. It's not a great sign of a show if you have to check the wiki synopsis after watching an episode to make sure you've understood it correctly.

Also, all those cops just stood around gazing at that monstrous black bubble bursting out of radioactive drums!

NoSleep

It's an alright series. The only thing I could do without is the mediocre tracks they play alongside the inevitable montage every episode.

Bently Sheds

This is hurting my brain & I've only managed 2 episodes of series 3.

Icehaven

I really enjoyed the first 2 series so I've been looking forward to the third, but yes by god was it getting confusing, particularly when you've got three different actors all playing the same character at different ages and you have to remember not only who they are but what their relationships are with 3 other versions of the same other characters (who you also need to remember.) Doesn't help either that being set in a rural German town, it apparently doesn't change much across many decades, and even the clothes from the present day and the 70s didn't look much different.

holyzombiejesus

Nah. Just got through the first few and it's just not enjoyable any more. What a shame.

Bently Sheds

Done four now. Proper confused. Going to slog through the rest but it's getting difficult.

Ja'moke

I managed to slog through the final season, but I don't think I really enjoyed any of it. I watched more out of completion's sake than anything. A shame because I remember really enjoying the first season but mid-way through season two it became way too complex and ridiculous, and not even in a fun way. The show is so self-serious.

A lot of season three felt like I was watching the same scene over and over again, which, with time travel, I guess is the point. But it was just so much of "you need to do this so that this can happen" and then "oh, I lied, you actually need to do this." People at various stages of time talking about time travel and nothing else.

Bently Sheds

Finished it tonight. The final episode just took the piss out of the whole series, as if they only realised by the start of filming that they had 8 hours to fill and had just written the last one. The fact that the whole thing rested on
Spoiler alert
the actions of a minor character and their hitherto unmentioned family
[close]
was just ludicrous.

Having said all that, I liked the final scene.