Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 07:17:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Simon Day Live Lockdown Show 13th June

Started by Captain Crunch, May 27, 2020, 12:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Crunch

It's listed as Simon Day & Friends but that might just mean his characters? 

QuoteTickets are only £5 and as many of you can obviously watch in your household

Just go to https://billetto.co.uk/e/simon-day-and-friends-live-tickets-442446/ and once you buy a ticket you will be given a link to a Facebook Group that you can ask to join. Once your purchase has been confirmed you will be allowed into the viewing group

For those of you who cant watch it live the show will stay on the group for 24 hours!

niat

Yes, I think the friends are the characters, he posted this on Twitter this morning:

"Simon Day and Friends Live Lockdown Show TONY BECKTON  DAVE ANGEL BILLY BLEACH GEOFFREY ALLERTON LIVE IN YOUR FRONT ROOM "

Should be good.

Captain Crunch

I really like the way he's developed Geoffrey Allerton from a fairly straight Alan Bennett type and made him more camp and irritable.

Ignatius_S

I remember a friend commenting about Day that as soon as he speaks, you want to laugh - wouldn't disagree with that and great to see this date.

Quote from: niat on May 27, 2020, 01:00:23 PM
Yes, I think the friends are the characters, he posted this on Twitter this morning:

"Simon Day and Friends Live Lockdown Show TONY BECKTON  DAVE ANGEL BILLY BLEACH GEOFFREY ALLERTON LIVE IN YOUR FRONT ROOM "

Should be good.

Yeah, the Billetto link says it's Day playing characters. I think it was about two years ago when I went to a Day gig, which comprised of four (I think) sets with different characters (Bleach, Allerton, Beckton and Pern) and was terrific.

Highlight for me was Allerton, probably. I got a copy of his 'Marking Time' collection afterwards that Day signed for me and wrote 'Well done!' and which amuses me no end. Reading the poems made me appreciate them in a different way and feel they stand up on their own beautifully.

Malcy

I thought this was later in the month. At least he's doing another.

Captain Crunch

Buying a ticket gets you access to a Facebook group where it goes out live (once he's remembered his password), then it stays on the group for 24 hours.  I don't know if someone scabbed the show from Saturday.  It was very good. 

Small Man Big Horse

Thanks for the heads up about the 4th of July gig, just bought a ticket now and really looking forward to it.

Small Man Big Horse

I didn't really get on with this unfortunately, some of the jokes might've been deliberately naff but they also made me wince in places, and only the final segment where he took on the guise of Geoffrey Allerton made me laugh more than a few times. I thought Day was a little subdued too, perhaps due to performing in his living room without any audience, but Dave Angel especially felt a little off. Ah well, it was only a fiver so I can't complain too much, but I definitely won't be going to see him perform it live when venues reopen now.

Malcy

Captain Crunch

The second show was, not disappointing but it was what, 50% the same as the first?  So if you'd seen the show on the 13th June and tuned in for the 3rd July it might have been a bit disappointing.  Then again Dave Angel was a treat, the stuff about his therapy centre was hilarious.  Much shorter show too. 

I doubt there will be another.