Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:38:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Transfer in the time of Corona

Started by BritishHobo, May 27, 2020, 09:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BritishHobo

Does that work? Does that even scan as a reference?

Whatever. I was supposed to put in for a transfer in work to a different office in a different city on day one of this month. I've got the money saved, we've looked at houses, I was done, out of this place where I've lived my whole life, and the office I've been in for nearly three years. Then along came Big Daddy Lockdown and that put paid to that. Quite apart from moving being out of the picture, it's hardly a time to negotiate fucking off. Up until last week we were on reduced rota, everyone pulling their weight to  clear the work while only working a couple of days. Big team effort. Not a good look to ask to abandon ship. Now we're back on five days, but obviously still under extreme social-distancing conditions. On top of it not being a great time to leave - and travelling that far not being essential - it seems unlikely a transfer will go through until this is over.

Thing is, being there now is absolutely doing my fucking neck in, for all the same reasons I was eager to leave. I want out. I want putting in for my transfer literally the first second it's acceptable/makes sense to do so. So, please, when is that thanks?

evilcommiedictator

Imagine if there were a union that were interesting in helping you, rather than, say, chasing out antisemitic rats, is there one of those?

BritishHobo

We have got a union but I've never really used them before. I'm less bothered about needing support than just knowing when the earliest point possible is where it'll be acceptable to piss off out - and also to move across the country. I think deep down I know the sensible answer is 'fucking ages away'. Lockdown update about to come out in Wales is it's okay to travel five miles, sometimes.

Icehaven

It's OK to move house again now, has been since the 13th May. Our downstairs neighbours moved out that exact day, with help from several friends, then the letting agents and workmen were coming and going for days before the next tenants moved in, also with help from various others. All in all in the last few weeks I'd say we've had about 15-20 people regularly tramping through the building wiping their germs everywhere.
But yeah the property market is back up and running, you can't keep an evil industry down for long!