Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:49:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Track and Trace

Started by Abnormal Palm, May 28, 2020, 08:00:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you download the contact tracing app when it becomes available?

Yes, of course.
3 (4%)
Yes, it's a necessary evil but will be very helpful in controlling the spread.
7 (9.3%)
No. My concerns about privacy outweigh the benefits as I perceive them.
22 (29.3%)
Get fucked, Cumdumpster.
43 (57.3%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Abnormal Palm

Would you kindly install the app?

Would you sign up for the contact tracing team?

Would you dob in your neighbours?

PlanktonSideburns

do you need to do any of that?

you can just wack the number into their browser thing right?

PlanktonSideburns

hangon, this is nothing to do with royal mail is it

fucks sake

PlanktonSideburns

sorry palmo, ill get the hell out the way

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: Abnormal Palm on May 28, 2020, 08:00:52 AM

Would you dob in your neighbours?

Too right I would. They are a bunch of self righteous toerags.

Except her at number 23... shes a fox.

PlanktonSideburns

whats this app? cumdog wants some sort of batman dark night type shenans is it?

Zetetic

The app's probably fine, although accompanied by the usual disregard for people's dignity when it comes to choosing how their data will be used.

"You've been near someone with Corona, take 14 days unpaid leave from work immediately."

Yeah, my mortgage says get fucked.

lipsink

The footage of Matt Hancock saying it's your "civic duty" to stay at home when just 24 hours before he was defending his boss for not staying at home when he had the virus. Jesus, how do these cunts not cringe their faces off in embarrassment.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Zetetic on May 28, 2020, 08:20:24 AM
The app's probably fine, although accompanied by the usual disregard for people's dignity when it comes to choosing how their data will be used.

It's not working and will be plagued with problems.

You have too much faith in the Government and Private Enterprise it seems.

PlanktonSideburns

the bullet is relativley harmless

its the air pressure leading to a massive exit wound that does the damage

Zetetic

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 28, 2020, 09:04:42 AM
It's not working and will be plagued with problems.
I expect its actual functioning will be a bit ropey (almost inherently), but so long as it's not an immediate gross security hazard I'll count it as "fine".

QuoteYou have too much faith in the Government and Private Enterprise it seems.
Although the biggest problems with the apps likely stem from the tendrils of "academia" and the obsession with reusing data for third-party research. (Yes, academia captured by private enterprise but that goes without saying at this point.)

Zetetic

Butchers Blind

Put me in the 'get fucked' category. 

Buelligan

Dominic Cummings.

Quote from: The New StatesmanIn May 2003, the venture capitalist Peter Thiel and four co-founders launched the data-mining company Palantir. Named after an all-seeing crystal ball in JRR Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings, and initially partially funded by the CIA, the company has secured a series of contentious but lucrative public sector contracts in the US, covering predictive policing, migrant surveillance and the development of battlefield software. But 17 years later, it is Palantir's work with the British government that is now under scrutiny.

In late March, the BBC revealed that the company, which is valued at more than £9bn, was one of several businesses, including Google, Microsoft, Amazon and the London data analysis company Faculty, that had been enlisted to build the Covid-19 "data store".

Quote from: The GuardianBoris Johnson's most senior aide, Dominic Cummings, is facing conflict of interest accusations over a consultancy role he undertook for a government-endorsed healthcare startup that is in position to receive a share of a new £250m flagship public fund.

Cummings advised Babylon Health, a controversial artificial intelligence (AI) firm working within the NHS, on its communications strategy and its senior recruitment, an investigation by the Guardian and the Bureau of Investigative Journalism can reveal.

A GP app developed by the company was later backed publicly on multiple occasions by the health secretary, Matt Hancock.

The former Vote Leave campaign director's formal role with Babylon concluded in July last year but he continued to advise the firm about recruitment until September 2018 – the same month Hancock visited the firm and told staff he wanted the NHS to help the company expand.

Quote from: theByelinetimesDominic Cummings, Boris Johnson's chief advisor, is famously said to have put on his WhatsApp profile: "Get Brexit done, then Arpa".

He has almost succeeded in the first and is now within spitting distance of setting up the second with the allocation of £800 million in the March Budget to form ARPA, his personal research agency, and another unannounced £140 million going to the new NHSX AI lab for a similar style research...

In 2018, he wrote a 47-page document concluding that a British ARPA would cover research into "machine learning, robotics, energy, neuroscience, genetics, cognitive technologies...

Cummings added: "There should be a systematic improvement in the ecosphere of school curricula, universities, venture capital, high skilled immigration policy, planning policy, tax policy, the structure (and incentives) of public companies, intellectual property law (which in important ways supports rent-seekers and undermines innovation and is particularly badly understood by politicians/officials)... We could play an extremely valuable role as an experimental testbed for scientific regulation outside all three major blocks (USA, EU, China) without having to obey awful EU rules like GDPR.

The Prime Minister's chief advisor also wants to change the culture for MPs and Whitehall decision-makers as part of the project – ending a system which has stayed impartial for a century-and-a-half. Cummings famously said that he aimed to replace them by "hiring data scientists, project managers, policy experts, assorted weirdos... who have a one in 10,000 or higher level of skill and temperament"...

By March, the new Chancellor Rishi Sunak decided, despite the huge cost to come in dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic, to allocate £800 million to the project – more than three times the original sum.

Two of the contractors for the NHSX lab have close links with Cummings. Faculty is controlled by Marc Warner, whose brother Ben – now a No. 10 special advisor himself – used to be a principal at his brother's AI company. He is said to have worked closely with Cummings on the modelling programme used in the Vote Leave campaign.

Palantir is owned by billionaire Peter Thiel and he is warmly cited by Cummings as one of the people who supports the US equivalent of ARPA.

Altogether, in the space of just nine months, Cummings has managed to turn the tables on the old Theresa May regime and bag himself almost £1 billion for his pet project. So, if he has his way, by 2021 Great Britain will have left the EU and he will have an even more powerful tool to control events and change British political culture.

Be very afraid.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/health/2020/05/secret-data-and-future-public-health-why-nhs-has-turned-palantir
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/11/dominic-cummings-accused-of-conflict-of-interest-over-nhs-fund
https://bylinetimes.com/2020/05/20/dominic-cummings-billion-dollar-brainchild/

Buelligan

In other words, this is why he has to go.  He has to go because he's the unelected Prime Minister and is pushing your sovereign countries towards Hell.  Stop him whilst you have the chance.

Ghostly Pale

Time is weird as shit when the seemingly only viable form of protest is to not download an app.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Zetetic on May 28, 2020, 09:24:59 AM
I expect its actual functioning will be a bit ropey (almost inherently), but so long as it's not an immediate gross security hazard I'll count it as "fine".
Although the biggest problems with the apps likely stem from the tendrils of "academia" and the obsession with reusing data for third-party research. (Yes, academia captured by private enterprise but that goes without saying at this point.)

For the record, I am not and never will be beholden to private enterprise.

I spoke to someone on one of the SAGE task groups yesterday and he told me "I feel I'm way over my head on this". His main work is antibiotic resistance and wonders if he should have accepted the offer.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Abnormal Palm on May 28, 2020, 10:16:23 AM
Probley be fine.

Did you not read the post above yours from Buelligan. Do you only show faux concern?

Forget the app it's not ready. This will be human track and traces. They've been doing this for decades for food poisoning and STIs. Dont all get so paranoid, it's meant to help us get out of this mess.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: MinnieTimperley on May 28, 2020, 11:02:37 AM
Forget the app it's not ready. This will be human track and traces. They've been doing this for decades for food poisoning and STIs. Dont all get so paranoid, it's meant to help us get out of this mess.

Yes, this will all be fine with the current government. This will be fine. Fine.

BlodwynPig

mess?

Zetetic

Forget the app it's not ready. This will be human track and traces. They've been doing this for decades for food poisoning and STIs.
What do you reckon the contact numbers look like, for example, for:
- A salmonella outbreak at a single restaurant?
- A month's worth of new HIV diagnoses?
- The entirety of H7N2 outbreak in the UK?
- Three days' worth of suspected COVID-19 cases in Manchester?

Include or exclude non-humans as you feel is appropriate.

Inspector Norse

https://twitter.com/BenPBradshaw/status/1265943777589551104

QuoteDido Harding just told me on an MPs' conference call that Test, Trace & Isolate won't be fully operational at local level till the end of June. Not sure where that leaves Johnson's promise of a fully operational "world beating" system by Monday.

idunnosomename

Ive built up a small fortune* surrending my information to Google Rewards

* seven pounds

Fambo Number Mive

Will the government announce funding for people who are self-employed or otherwise don't get sick pay if they will need to isolate for 14 days under the tracing system?

I'm also confused when the BBC says "Any of those contacts deemed at risk of infection will be told to isolate for 14 days, even if they are not sick". Surely anyone is at risk of infection, especially as those who have already had covid will be asked to isolate as well? The BBC reporting on this is extremely confusing.

idunnosomename

FULLY ARMED AND OPERATIONAL BATTLE STATION

Abnormal Palm

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 28, 2020, 10:45:48 AM
Did you not read the post above yours from Buelligan. Do you only show faux concern?

For the avoidance of doubt, once and for all, I hope that Covid-19 brings about the complete destruction of global civilisation.

FUCKSPONENTIAL GRAVEDOWN

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Abnormal Palm on May 28, 2020, 11:32:36 AM
For the avoidance of doubt, once and for all, I hope that Covid-19 brings about the complete destruction of global civilisation.

FUCKSPONENTIAL GRAVEDOWN

MANIFESTO NOW* sent to Bolsanaro

*No 2 year paradise, just mandatory journey to grave