Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:34:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Track and Trace

Started by Abnormal Palm, May 28, 2020, 08:00:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you download the contact tracing app when it becomes available?

Yes, of course.
3 (4%)
Yes, it's a necessary evil but will be very helpful in controlling the spread.
7 (9.3%)
No. My concerns about privacy outweigh the benefits as I perceive them.
22 (29.3%)
Get fucked, Cumdumpster.
43 (57.3%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Bence Fekete

The irony, Dido, is that they could easily scan the whereabouts of the whole country overnight because they're already doing it.

Quote from: Zetetic on May 28, 2020, 11:14:58 AM
What do you reckon the contact numbers look like, for example, for:
- A salmonella outbreak at a single restaurant?
- A month's worth of new HIV diagnoses?
- The entirety of H7N2 outbreak in the UK?
- Three days' worth of suspected COVID-19 cases in Manchester?

Include or exclude non-humans as you feel is appropriate.

Agreed quite a lot smaller hence employing 25000 extra track and traces. With a R number of 1 or below, and current lockdown guidance there should be more than enough resource.

Dex Sawash

University here has a smartphone+watch study. I assume they will pinpoint the cunt who gave it to you so you can go kick the shit out of them. It only works with apple so I can't participate.

It would be your own fault for not following hygiene and social distancing guidlines.

I went for a hospital appointment today (eye) very strange hardly anyone there, first thing they do is sit you down and stick a thermometer IN.YOUR.MOUTH. WTF?!?. I was shocked and it threw me for the whole appointment.

Buelligan

How long are you planning on staying?

St the hospital, I'm already out.

Barry Admin

Quote from: lipsink on May 28, 2020, 08:52:53 AM
The footage of Matt Hancock saying it's your "civic duty" to stay at home when just 24 hours before he was defending his boss for not staying at home when he had the virus. Jesus, how do these cunts not cringe their faces off in embarrassment.

They're psychopaths.

Voted "get fucked", no way I'm installing this now. Also very glad I'm bored shitless of Ingress and PoGo; Niantic are now constantly getting people to video real world locations and contriving all these shit-ass gameplay elements that are just an excuse to get your camera turned on and pointed at things.

Buelligan

I'm another get fucked fucker.  No phone, no facebook and no plans to join.

idunnosomename

matt hancock is genuinely a psychopath. god who thought you could make Jeremy Hunt look friendly

Zetetic

English contact tracing system fucked already.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-test-and-tracey-system-nhs-log-in-a9536596.html

(As ever, hope ours is less easily fucked, but I wouldn't bet on it at this point. )

Zetetic

Looks like CTAS has completely shit the bed.

Zetetic

Does anyone know if Scotland is also using CTAS? England were certainly selling it very hard to everyone else as the only option, as far as I'm aware.

Bernice

Quote from: MinnieTimperley on May 28, 2020, 12:20:22 PM
I went for a hospital appointment today (eye) very strange hardly anyone there, first thing they do is sit you down and stick a thermometer IN.YOUR.MOUTH. WTF?!?. I was shocked and it threw me for the whole appointment.

"I begged them to stick it up my arse. Begged them."

Excuse my ignorance but what is the app actually meant to do?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Bernice on May 28, 2020, 01:23:51 PM

Nothing. Absolute nothing.

ersatz99

Would you go to get tested if a tracer called you up because your name and contact details were forwarded by someone else who tested positive? If you do, and tesed positive too, then wouldn't you want to contact the tracers to warn others from infecting others? What's wrong with being actively part of this?

Quote from: Bernice on May 28, 2020, 01:23:51 PM

In my understanding the app is meant to ping you if you have been near a positive tested COVID-19 case. The app will be used to support the 25000 human tracers. I think it will use existing location technology only when the positive tested case cannot remember or simply doesn't know all the contact details of all the people he/she has been near (Bus, Train, Work, garden certer). It will not be infallible but will add to the layers of track and trace. It's not rocket science

Quote from: ersatz99 on May 28, 2020, 01:46:23 PM
Would you go to get tested if a tracer called you up because your name and contact details were forwarded by someone else who tested positive? If you do, and tesed positive too, then wouldn't you want to contact the tracers to warn others from infecting others? What's wrong with being actively part of this?

THIS

Bernice

It seems like it's the only viable option to reduce lockdown without killing everyone I guess. If I was the government I really wouldn't be focusing on this app quite so much, given past high profile failures of government tech projects. Surely we're guaranteed at least one major cock up with this thing, where it ends up accidentally trawling your phone for dick pics and sending them to your least favourite actors on twitter.

Blue Jam

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on May 28, 2020, 08:10:06 AM
hangon, this is nothing to do with royal mail is it

This is nothing to do with Hermes nicking my parcels either, is it? Not an excuse for me to post a rant about the thieving bastards?

So we're all agreed then, track and trace is a very good method and tool for helping, going forward, as the easing of lockdown continues. The main and most significant 1st layer being the 25000 human Track and Tracers using well established techniques, the 2nd more problematic layer will be the introduction of an app for when it is impossible for the human track and trace layer to establish all contacts, the app will use existing satellite location technologies. you'd have to be a payed up member of the foil hat brigade or Buelligan to object or rail against that surely?

Butchers Blind

Quote from: MinnieTimperley on May 28, 2020, 02:06:07 PM
So we're all agreed then, track and trace is a very good method and tool for helping, going forward, as the easing of lockdown continues. The main and most significant 1st layer being the 25000 human Track and Tracers using well established techniques, the 2nd more problematic layer will be the introduction of an app for when it is impossible for the human track and trace layer to establish all contacts, the app will use existing satellite location technologies. you'd have to be a payed up member of the foil hat brigade or Buelligan to object or rail against that surely?

Maybe if it wasn't this government.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Bernice on May 28, 2020, 01:52:33 PM
It seems like it's the only viable option to reduce lockdown without killing everyone I guess. If I was the government I really wouldn't be focusing on this app quite so much, given past high profile failures of government tech projects. Surely we're guaranteed at least one major cock up with this thing, where it ends up accidentally trawling your phone for dick pics and sending them to your least favourite actors on twitter.

pay attention - there already have been multitude of cock-ups, chief of which it not working on the day of release

Zetetic

Quote from: MinnieTimperley on May 28, 2020, 02:06:07 PM
the 25000 human Track and Tracers using well established techniques
Like hitting a critical infrastructure incident within hours of launch.

Zetetic

Cuellar

Track and Trace in itself is obviously a good idea, but there are different ways to go about it, app and infrastructure wise, apparently.

Are we still going for the centralised shit version that means you'd need the app open and in the foreground for it to work, and then all your data gets sent to Dominic Cummings?

Buelligan

I'm guessing yes.  The only reason they want it is so's all your bases are belong to Dom.

idunnosomename

you have no chance to survive make your time