Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:22:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Minnesota Riots

Started by Abnormal Palm, May 28, 2020, 04:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

I imagine that arrest is a de-escalation tactic. Any trial will be dragged out until everyone's calmed down and then the union will can it.

The police unions work to get their members off, not to stop the arrests in the first place.

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 29, 2020, 06:48:08 PM
Did the attending officers find it necessary to kneel on him during the apprehension?

I would have. Just for a minute or so.

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 29, 2020, 07:27:01 PM
I imagine that arrest is a de-escalation tactic. Any trial will be dragged out until everyone's calmed down and then the union will can it.

Yep.

Kryton

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52854025

QuoteA police officer fired following the death of unarmed black man George Floyd in Minneapolis has been arrested and charged with murder and manslaughter.

QuoteHennepin County Prosecutor Mike Freeman said Mr Chauvin was charged with third degree murder and noted that the investigation of the other officers is ongoing.

He said he "anticipates charges" for the three other officers but would not offer more details.

Good news!

idunnosomename

But dang it! He gets results!!!!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

So now we just need a conveyor belt of black men to die and we can eradicate racism in the police forever.

Kryton

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 29, 2020, 07:53:23 PM
So now we just need a conveyor belt of black men to die and we can eradicate racism in the police forever.

Cynical but the rioting and the prosecution of this wanker cop might just make them think twice about kneeling on people's throats.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: BBC article linked aboveThe Minnesota police handbook states that officers trained on how to compress the neck without applying direct pressure to the airway can use a knee under its use-of-force policy. This is regarded as a non-deadly-force option.
Fucking.

Knew it.

YOU DON'T COMPRESS SOMEONE'S NECK. EVER. Jesus Christ.

Dog Botherer

will be interesting to see if the momentum of the protests can be sustained. feels like a real opportunity, the government is undoubtedly weaker than when Ferguson occurred and that went a lot further than many would be comfortable admitting. someone's still out there knocking off the organizers after all.

Quote from: Kryton on May 29, 2020, 08:01:28 PM
Cynical but the rioting and the prosecution of this wanker cop might just make them think twice about kneeling on people's throats.

it definitely won't

Bernice

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on May 29, 2020, 08:01:56 PM
Fucking.

Knew it.

YOU DON'T COMPRESS SOMEONE'S NECK. EVER. Jesus Christ.

How to kneel on someones neck for 10 minutes while they gasp "I can't breathe" without making them die - and 10 other essential police life hacks.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Bernice on May 29, 2020, 08:27:08 PM
How to kneel on someones neck for 10 minutes while they gasp "I can't breathe" without making them die - and 10 other essential police life hacks.

Paramedics hate this old wive's trick

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Or make them work harder to cover it up and to find where the new line is. The guy seems to have been thrown to the mob to placate them rather than being genuinely made an example of.

Kryton

Besides arresting him, what else could they do to him?

bgmnts

Maybe posting acts of racism on social media may make cunts think teice about being racist cunts as well.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Kryton on May 29, 2020, 08:40:47 PM

Arrest him immediately rather than send him home, place him under armed guard and provoke a riot?

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: Kryton on May 29, 2020, 08:40:47 PM

Compress his neck?

Non lethal force, bro! Yolo.

Sin Agog

George Floyd brought this all on himself by not following Wu Tang's advice.

Dog Botherer

things going well

okay maybe civil war soon

Birdie

The news here said he'd been charged with third degree murder and manslaughter so I looked that up

QuoteMinnesota law originally defined third-degree murder solely as depraved-heart murder ("without intent to effect the death of any person, caus[ing] the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life").[7][8] In 1987, an additional drug-related provision ("without intent to cause death, proximately caus[ing] the death of a human being by, directly or indirectly, unlawfully selling, giving away, bartering, delivering, exchanging, distributing, or administering a controlled substance classified in Schedule I or II") was added to the definition of third-degree murder.[7][9] Up until the early 2000s, prosecutions under that provision were rare, but they began to rise in the 2010s. Some reports linked this increase in prosecutions to the opioid epidemic in the United States.[10]

Minnesota law also defines the crime of third-degree murder of an unborn child, with the same elements of depraved mind and lack of intent to kill distinguishing it from first- or second-degree murder of an unborn child.[11][12] Both third-degree murder and third-degree murder of an unborn child are punishable by a maximum of 25 years' imprisonment.[7][12]

That sounds like another type of manslaughter doesn't it?

BlodwynPig

Quote"excited delirium" is a condition only ever observed or diagnosed in victims of American police violence. Its a euphemism for being beaten or tasered to death by the cops.

Dog Botherer

they probably had to arrest him to avoid a lynching

Buelligan

Twitter've hidden a Trump tweet for inciting violence

Quote from: The BBCThe president said he would "send in the National Guard", and followed that up with a warning that "when the looting starts, the shooting starts."

Look forward to seeing him shit the bed.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-52846679

Bernice

Imagine someone throws you down and crushes your neck til you stop breathing and then you die but it turns out it was just your underlying chronic heartburn the whole time. The egg on your face!

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Bernice on May 29, 2020, 09:46:03 PM
Imagine someone throws you down and crushes your neck til you stop breathing and then you die but it turns out it was just your underlying chronic heartburn the whole time. The egg on your face!

Mate you could sell that to Rennies!

jobotic

Come on now it's manslaughter, like when someone dies from a single punch when you only meant to punch them, not kill them. Except you didn;t punch them, you knelt on their neck or ten minutes and felt the life leave their body. You couldn't have known.

Quote from: Bernice on May 29, 2020, 09:46:03 PM

Imagine being the cop who is so unlucky as to have a suspect die of underlying conditions after you innocently pressed your knee into his throat for seven minutes.  Some people get none of the luck.

What frightens me is that if this is in police training in Minnesota, then he'll walk Scot-free.

If it is in there, then he shouldn't be the only one up on charges - it is proof of a systemic problem.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

look at all them cops just standing out in the open, in a country where people can legally own AR-15s

Dog Botherer

Quote from: TheBrownBottle on May 29, 2020, 10:46:04 PM
What frightens me is that if this is in police training in Minnesota, then he'll walk Scot-free.

If it is in there, then he shouldn't be the only one up on charges - it is proof of a systemic problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETf7NJOMS6Y

Dog Botherer

cops already getting bottled in Atlanta

idunnosomename

but tonite we get even hahaha