Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:05:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Minnesota Riots

Started by Abnormal Palm, May 28, 2020, 04:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chveik

Quote from: Dewt on June 17, 2020, 02:25:38 AM
I honestly hope Kryton has to flatshare with somebody who has killed a police officer.

that could make a good sitcom

canadagoose

Quote from: Kryton on June 17, 2020, 02:07:29 AM
Fucking hell.

I agree that there's a massive need for systematic change, but using a comedy forum to promote cop-killing fantasies is a bit off.
Not sure if Neil needs this shit on his site either? Not speaking for him, I understand he's pissed off with things as they are now, but this could reflect really badly on the forum if the Far-right get a whiff of this?

Don't get me wrong a lot of the cops deserve everything they get, but openly calling for murder isn't cool.

I await everyone piling on me calling me a cop sympathiser or whatever.
Bladdy 'ell Kryton, it's machotrouts, it's 100% a joke. He's very funny on Twitter, you should check him out sometime.

Puce Moment

Gutted that he wasn't serious.

Kryton

Quote from: canadagoose on June 17, 2020, 02:35:56 AM
Bladdy 'ell Kryton, it's machotrouts, it's 100% a joke. He's very funny on Twitter, you should check him out sometime.

Sorry, I dunno who is being serious and who isn't. Just thought I'd err on the side of caution. If I'm being dumb then ignore. Apologies if need be.

canadagoose

Quote from: Kryton on June 17, 2020, 02:48:00 AM
Sorry, I dunno who is being serious and who isn't. Just thought I'd err on the side of caution. If I'm being dumb then ignore. Apologies if need be.
Aye, I know what you mean - I'm bad at it too (which has led to some embarrassing moments!) I just know in this one case because of who it was.

Kryton

Quote from: canadagoose on June 17, 2020, 02:50:58 AM
Aye, I know what you mean - I'm bad at it too (which has led to some embarrassing moments!) I just know in this one case because of who it was.

No worries, thanks for pointing it out though.
Sorry Macho. Everyone.

Kryton

Quote from: chveik on June 17, 2020, 02:29:51 AM
that could make a good sitcom

I used to know a bloke who came in my pub and had been done for murdering his wife and her lover[nb]But got away on a technicality or something[/nb].
He tipped well but had a terrible Father Stone-esque moustache. I didn't live with him, but he sent me a Christmas card once.

I hope this helps?

Mister Six

Quote from: Crisps? on June 16, 2020, 11:26:40 PM
1.73bn for LA sounded high to me, but London/Met Police apparently has a budget of around $4.5bn. Perhaps worse than the amount is the percentage of their budget, just to keep people in their place.

That figure is absurd, but LA seems worse somehow. At least with London you can make the argument that it has Parliament, the royal family, most of the UK's celebs, most of its major businesses and media and 9 million people to worry about. LA has, what, the celebs, some studios and 4 million people?

kngen

Quote from: Kryton on June 17, 2020, 02:07:29 AM
Fucking hell.

I agree that there's a massive need for systematic change, but using a comedy forum to promote cop-killing fantasies is a bit off.
Not sure if Neil needs this shit on his site either? Not speaking for him, I understand he's pissed off with things as they are now, but this could reflect really badly on the forum if the Far-right get a whiff of this?

Don't get me wrong a lot of the cops deserve everything they get, but openly calling for murder isn't cool.

I await everyone piling on me calling me a cop sympathiser or whatever.

Fuck off Kryton. Wasting pigs is radical, man.[nb]Not actually telling you to fuck off. Just though it was funny that your name (and sentiment) could be slipped seamlessly into my second favourite line of dialogue in River's Edge.[/nb]

Buelligan

Quote from: bgmnts on June 16, 2020, 10:01:28 PM
So hang on, only like 5% of the police budget goes to investigating rape and murder, as well as providing backup and actually arriving on the scene?

What the fuck is the rest for then? They've literally just demonstrated their total lack of value.

Pensions and donuts mate.

Dog Botherer

it's okay to kill cops, they aren't human

Paul Calf

Quote from: Dog Botherer on June 17, 2020, 06:10:15 AM
it's okay to kill cops, they aren't human

Asimov's laws three laws have let themselves go.

steve98

Quote from: Buelligan on June 17, 2020, 06:03:47 AM
donuts mate.

This gave me a giggle - baiting cops with donuts

Head Gardener

Paul Calf

I know that's staged, but it is beautiful too.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Paul Calf on June 17, 2020, 08:48:33 AM

kid in the background reaching for his phone faster than a New York cop on amphetamines reaches for a gun.

Paul Calf

I like your new avatar.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: bgmnts on June 16, 2020, 10:01:28 PM
So hang on, only like 5% of the police budget goes to investigating rape and murder, as well as providing backup and actually arriving on the scene?

What the fuck is the rest for then? They've literally just demonstrated their total lack of value.

Quite a lot of it goes on filming brooklyn 99 apparently

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Paul Calf on June 17, 2020, 08:48:33 AM

Yeah, that's really well done. Plenty of rewatch value too.

Moribunderast

I can't handle Twitter or Americans anymore. Just reading up on Martin Gugino's lawyer claiming he can't walk and has a cracked skull after being shoved by the police. Yes, the 75 year old man who Trump claimed might have faked it has very, very serious injuries. I saw this article on Twitter so then of course saw an army of sadists, bots and idiots arguing that he shouldn't have been there, that he deserved it, that he should apologise, etc.

I'm not equipped for the level of rage those comments cause in me. It's white hot anger. I feel like if I had access to a button that would end the lives of anyone posting such bootlicking, nasty shit that I would actually consider it. I KNOW quite a few of the comments will be bots but many aren't and I just can't fathom how people can see that footage and justify it. Political biases should not be so strong that you can watch an elderly man near-killed for no reason and leap to defend the people who almost killed him.

It's genuinely despairing shit, reading comments in support of that act of brutality.

Quote from: Moribunderast on June 17, 2020, 11:17:19 AM
I can't handle Twitter or Americans anymore. Just reading up on Martin Gugino's lawyer claiming he can't walk and has a cracked skull after being shoved by the police. Yes, the 75 year old man who Trump claimed might have faked it has very, very serious injuries. I saw this article on Twitter so then of course saw an army of sadists, bots and idiots arguing that he shouldn't have been there, that he deserved it, that he should apologise, etc.

I'm not equipped for the level of rage those comments cause in me. It's white hot anger. I feel like if I had access to a button that would end the lives of anyone posting such bootlicking, nasty shit that I would actually consider it. I KNOW quite a few of the comments will be bots but many aren't and I just can't fathom how people can see that footage and justify it. Political biases should not be so strong that you can watch an elderly man near-killed for no reason and leap to defend the people who almost killed him.

It's genuinely despairing shit, reading comments in support of that act of brutality.

I decided to leave Facebook after the 2019 general election.  It was too depressing to find that people who were friends in my childhood have turned into Tories and/or white supremacists.  Would rather not crap on the happy memories of youth by learning that one of my little friends now has an 'All Lives Matter' sign as his avatar or whatever.  A couple of mates still text with screen grabs of what various cunts have said about current events.  The anger gives way to depression quite quickly I find.

Twitter is a swamp, too.  Fuck it all. 

Puce Moment

Probably a separate thread, but for about 2-months now I have been off social media completely (apart from the odd link from here). I deactivated my Facebook because it was absolutely piling my nut in.

bgmnts

Yup. I use instagram for messaging a few people and whatsapp for messaging a few others but in a few weeks after covid i'll bin my smartphone and go full on off the digital grid.

Buelligan

Don't go on any of them, never have.  I don't smoke rock or put electrodes on my tongue either.  What am I like?

kngen

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on June 16, 2020, 09:32:56 PM
Oh, I hope she's alright. Was that those pepper balls the filth have got these days that they were firing?

Oh, she's fine, cheers for asking. My hastily improvised facebath[nb]easy now.[/nb] and a shot of tequila sorted her right out. Think it was a cannister that was launched, rather than those wee balls. Just by chance, she happened to have our daughter's swimming goggles in the car, so she was able to protect her eyes just in time. (She was driving in the 'caravan' the protesters had set up to stop 'are heritage' cunts from ramraiding the march, as a few pickup trucks with confederate flags had been spotted ominously circling the area earlier that night.)

Richmond's chief of police resigned (ie was sacked) last night, so will be interesting to see if there's a change of tactics from now on. Our mayor, the young, dynamic Obama-like Levar Stoney, who turned out to be as much as an establishment stooge as Barry was, has been catching hell for all of this, quite rightly - and it turns out that a progressive challenger has already raised more money than him since announcing her candidacy last week. So swift arse-covering on his part, I think.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Buelligan on June 17, 2020, 01:22:21 PM
Don't go on any of them, never have.  I don't smoke rock or put electrodes on my tongue either.  What am I like?

WELL I HAVEN'T
  EVEN GOT A
    TOASTER!

Buelligan

Yeah, probably but I don't get those fucking ads for Britain First every fifteen seconds, so who's the winner, love?

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: kngen on June 17, 2020, 02:24:32 PM
Oh, she's fine, cheers for asking. My hastily improvised facebath[nb]easy now.[/nb] and a shot of tequila sorted her right out. Think it was a cannister that was launched, rather than those wee balls. Just by chance, she happened to have our daughter's swimming goggles in the car, so she was able to protect her eyes just in time. (She was driving in the 'caravan' the protesters had set up to stop 'are heritage' cunts from ramraiding the march, as a few pickup trucks with confederate flags had been spotted ominously circling the area earlier that night.)

I see, the canisters that, it turns out, the CDC classify as one form of tear gas. Fuckers. Quick thinking about the swimming goggles, though. And those pick-ups must have been pretty unnerving.

QuoteRichmond's chief of police resigned (ie was sacked) last night, so will be interesting to see if there's a change of tactics from now on. Our mayor, the young, dynamic Obama-like Levar Stoney, who turned out to be as much as an establishment stooge as Barry was, has been catching hell for all of this, quite rightly - and it turns out that a progressive challenger has already raised more money than him since announcing her candidacy last week. So swift arse-covering on his part, I think.

It's good to hear that this teargas attack might have backfired, at least.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Buelligan on June 17, 2020, 03:53:58 PM
Yeah, probably but I don't get those fucking ads for Britain First every fifteen seconds, so who's the winner, love?

LOL yeah and I don't care about what Stephen Fry had for breakfast remember space hoppers?

Fambo Number Mive

Police have been protesting against a ban on chokeholds in France: https://youtu.be/XoVrdp_2ayo