Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:59:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Minnesota Riots

Started by Abnormal Palm, May 28, 2020, 04:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Forgive me, I've taken little interest in the specifics of CHOP, but am I correct in understanding that they're trying out running a part of the city of Seattle without police or conventional oversight by authority?  If so, it strikes me that, not only would police and conventional authority have a distinct interest in undermining the smooth running of such a project but many other groups, such as criminals, nut bells, the bored and fascists, would, most likely want to do the same. 

Given that, it seems to me, the chances of pulling the whole thing off successfully are slight.  We have the added complication of American society being saturated with guns.  And, of course, nobody knows what these people (any of them, of any colour or age,) involved in the incident were up to, not that we should let something as insignificant as that upset our desire to judge it out of hand.

sirhenry

Isn't it always the way though? Virtually every large-scale anarchist community in history has been brought down by military intervention. Guns>anarchism.

Buelligan

Yes, if I wasn't such a fucking pollyanna, I'd despair.

Saw the news today, was interested that no one seems to be saying anything about it.  It's because we've got used to things being insanely appalling, isn't it?

sirhenry

And Tina[nb]There Is No Alternative[/nb]; she'll suppress knowledge and understanding of anything like that.

Quote from: sirhenry on July 04, 2020, 08:18:52 AM
large-scale anarchist community

they were being indulged like the children they are because the world has collectively lost it's mind

how exactly did you think taking over part of a major US city was going to end exactly?  especially when the inhabitants started killing black children?

"anarchist community" ffs

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Buelligan on July 04, 2020, 08:44:30 AM
Saw the news today, was interested that no one seems to be saying anything about it.  It's because we've got used to things being insanely appalling, isn't it?

Linky, please.

sambwel

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on July 04, 2020, 02:07:37 PM
how exactly did you think taking over part of a major US city was going to end exactly?  especially when the inhabitants started killing black children?

To be fair I think they were merely permitted to continue until such time as they disgraced themselves in this way so that nobody would complain about the state rolling in heavy-handed to clear them out. I personally don't condemn what they were, at least initially, trying to do. But it was naive and has now been widely coopted as a font of pro-cop propaganda ("you don't like our society, well do you see what the alternative is??"). Thus my observation that killing black kids was the wrong way to handle perceived conflict with local gangs.

Buelligan

Though we should bear in mind, we don't know the full story, we are comparing a way of running things that's been in place, fully funded, protected and supported, since the beginning of current society (which frequently kills innocent people, as we're aware) and an ad hoc thing run by no one/whoever, that's been going a couple of months, that authority seeks to undermine at any opportunity and we don't know the full story.  I think it's useful to bear that in mind, lest we be hoodwinked into making foolish assumptions.

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 04, 2020, 02:19:18 PM
Linky, please.

It's Trump using his paid thugs to strong-arm his way to Rushmore so's he can fuck the Lakota (and everyone else) publicly.  https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53292585

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on July 04, 2020, 08:44:30 AM
Yes, if I wasn't such a fucking pollyanna, I'd despair.

CHOP in happier times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMGIGR3qqiw

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Buelligan on July 05, 2020, 07:40:37 AM
It's Trump using his paid thugs to strong-arm his way to Rushmore so's he can fuck the Lakota (and everyone else) publicly.  https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53292585

I see, thanks.

Buelligan

Don't even mention it, old chap.

Head Gardener

Trump Supporters Deface Black Lives Matter Mural in Martinez : https://youtu.be/LLuESd7zidA

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Head Gardener on July 06, 2020, 11:21:26 AM

Trump Supporters Deface Black Lives Matter Mural in Martinez : https://youtu.be/LLuESd7zidA

It looks like a real town but there's only10 people at mid day.

Head Gardener

Quote from: Dex Sawash on July 06, 2020, 12:31:56 PM
It looks like a real town but there's only10 people at mid day.

virus probably

idunnosomename

B ACK LIVES MATTER

"This is RACISM. .. there is no racism"

also mural does mean on a wall by definition

Cuellar

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 06, 2020, 01:10:23 PM
also mural does mean on a wall by definition

Well I'm glad it got defaced then

Buelligan

Why are you doing this? Ten seconds in, the whole thing.

Cuellar

Why would she start with the 'L'

Hahaha:

"You're the colonizers, your ancestors weren't from America"
"SHUT UP, BITCH, WHO ASKED YOU!!!!"

BlodwynPig

Dog Botherer

two stories today from within a 2 hours drive of me

A Black Man Says He Was Almost The Victim Of An "Attempted Lynching" Caught On Video
www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/skbaer/vauhxx-booker-lake-monroe-attack-indiana

Car runs down protesters of alleged attempted lynching in Indiana; drives off with woman on hood
www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-indiana-attempted-lynching-car-rams-protesters-drives-woman-hood-20200707-z75hy4xsz5ap5oi7mkivzwatta-story.html%3foutputType=amp

Cuellar

Quote from: Dog Botherer on July 07, 2020, 07:12:02 AM

A Black Man Says He Was Almost The Victim Of An "Attempted Lynching" Caught On Video

Saw this last night, absolutely terrifying.

Buelligan

When I watched it, I thought to myself, if these people doing the attacking think that black people are dangerous criminals, threats, why are they so fearless?  Why are they so sure they can do this stuff and get away unharmed?

Mr Faineant

Quote from: Dog Botherer on July 07, 2020, 07:12:02 AM

These shirtless simpletons don't seem to understand that their way of life is largely afforded to them by the efforts of "liberal elites" and immigrants from big, blue cities. That little skinny dude should have knocked out that great ape, and stomped his stupid face into the mud. It would have been fun watching the others scamper away into the woods, like pixies.

Blumf

Interesting vid on the Third Amendment and it's relevance to today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7Rm3tuMFTI (33min)

tl;dr US police forces were racist from the start, and we shouldn't be loading them up with mil spec kit, via war on drugs is deliberate bullshit.

Johnny Yesno

Not only will the filth steal a protestor's artificial legs but they'll break another's wheels.

Quote from: BlackCultureEntertainment 🗣 @4TheCulture____
Repost : "During a peaceful protest in LA this week the LAPD knocked a disabled man out of his wheelchair, and then they broke it. there is absolutely no excuse for this - it's disgusting."

From AK
6:33 AM · Jul 16, 2020

https://mobile.twitter.com/4TheCulture____/status/1283635877869232129 (video)

bgmnts

What's the point? Just pathetic.