Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:38:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Minnesota Riots

Started by Abnormal Palm, May 28, 2020, 04:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wooders1978

Quote from: Birdie on May 28, 2020, 09:31:13 PM
I think what is most disturbing is the three officers just looking on. Doing nothing.

This is what is also really bothering me (it all does, obviously) - surely they must have known what the guy was doing would kill him or at least cause serious harm - fucking arseholes

Looting is not a very dignified response however it must be said

kngen

Minneapolis police abandon 3rd precinct hq (the one the was surrounded the last couple of nights) after running out of ammo. It's now up in flames. This is pretty fucking wild.

Quote from: Kryton on May 29, 2020, 02:26:44 AM
I often think what people like Derek Chauvin think about when their actions have resulted in all these protests, riots, lootings, violence.
Do they feel responsible or do they hide away?

I'm sure he's loving it. Confirms his worldview.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Silly Little Tart on May 29, 2020, 03:38:20 AM
for some reason it always comes accross to me, like an anti-colonial riot, like the Irish 1916 Easter Rising
That wasn't a riot. That was an armed rebellion. Tan.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteOfficer Terry Nutter

Might be worth looking into this bloke's record too.

Birdie

"Mike Freeman, county attorney for Hennepin County, condemned the actions of white cop Derek Chauvin as 'horrific and terrible' But he added there was 'other evidence that does not support a criminal charge'"

Huh?

We all saw it. A placid man being forced to the ground.  Four armed men against one unarmed one. 

Astonishing.

Paul Calf

Terry Nutter and Derek Chauvin.

Fucking hell. The conspiracy theorists are going to go insane over this.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Kryton on May 29, 2020, 12:56:40 AM
The cunt officer.

https://www.insider.com/derek-chauvin-police-history-shootings-violence-george-floyd-2020-5

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/minneapolis-police-officer-center-george-floyd-s-death-had-history-n1215691

Over a dozen complaints and according to internet gossip possibly related to other civilian deaths

Not sure how true the above quotes are but they can easily be found or dismissed by someone.

and according to this:

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-news/derek-chauvin-what-we-know-about-the-officer-at-center-of-george-floyds-death

Quote– In April 2005, Chauvin and Officer Terry Nutter were involved in a car chase when the suspect vehicle slammed a car containing Darwin Vivar, 28, and Klevar Jacome, 35, who died instantly. Another person in the car, Everett Vivar, 35, died a few days later.

They are not even trying...

BlodwynPig

Quote from: His Name Is Death on May 29, 2020, 03:05:49 AM
A bit on the nose, that name.

Who are his partners, Bobby National and David Racebait?

^^ ha ha

BlodwynPig

Quote from: wooders1978 on May 29, 2020, 03:50:37 AM
This is what is also really bothering me (it all does, obviously) - surely they must have known what the guy was doing would kill him or at least cause serious harm - fucking arseholes

Looting is not a very dignified response however it must be said

He announces high atop his white man's castle.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Birdie on May 29, 2020, 08:27:14 AM
"Mike Freeman, county attorney for Hennepin County, condemned the actions of white cop Derek Chauvin as 'horrific and terrible' But he added there was 'other evidence that does not support a criminal charge'"

Huh?

We all saw it. A placid man being forced to the ground.  Four armed men against one unarmed one. 

Astonishing.
I bet it's in the fucking training materials that kneeling on someone's neck is fine, actually.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on May 29, 2020, 09:16:47 AM
I bet it's in the fucking training materials that kneeling on someone's neck is fine, actually.

Mossad training, yes

Zetetic

Has Olaseni "Seni" Lewis been mentioned yet:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-39863209
?

(England subsequently introduced a law focused on mental health settings and recording more information about restraint. The other countries of the UK collect and publish far less data than England, even.)

a peepee tipi

The police have access to phone scanners called "Stingrays", they mimic cell phone towers and collect data. During the 2014 riot in Ferguson, Missouri, houses with multiple individuals identified by the usage of Stingrays at protest sites were raided.

Just saw footage of a black man engulfed in tear gas over the middle finger. His finger had already been up for some time. There's gonna be more of it in all the chaos, and it will all slip through the cracks. It will go unpunished as protestors are rounded up even for simply being there. But this needs to keep up for as long as needed. All 4 of the officers in the video deserve charges

https://www.google.com/amp/s/slate.com/technology/2014/11/stingrays-imsi-catchers-how-local-law-enforcement-uses-an-invasive-surveillance-tool.amp

monkfromhavana

All this because she wouldn't put her fucking dog on a leash!

Mobius

Black CNN reporter and crew currently being arrested literally live on CNN

a peepee tipi

I hate hate hate bringing shit over from another thread, but if I seem like a miserable angry bastard, well, the US is a fucking shithole

Pingers

It's at times like these that I can sympathise with Killer Mike's views on gun control. Good to see a lot of Black Power salutes in evidence.

Gulftastic

The State Troopers have arrested one of the CNN camera crews. There were two. One had a white reporter, one latino. Can you guess which one got nicked?

bgmnts

12 police brutality reports? Fucking hell.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I do hope they're all socially distancing properly.

Moribunderast

It must be utterly exhausting living in America these days. I feel like I wake up every morning to some new American disaster. And it's now gone on for enough years that it's beginning to feel normal.

The fact that murderous cop is still walking free is astonishing (but also not).

The video that started all of this is sickening.

Every time I see footage of police in the US - regardless of state - they have the uniforms, weaponry, vehicles, & attitude of a conquering army in hostile territory.  Ludicrous laws allowing civilians to be armed to the teeth hardly helps - but it doesn't exactly scream 'policing by consent'.  Citizens shouldn't be terrified of their police.

Add that to the fact that the US never had what it needed culturally - a genuine 'denazification' process in line with what post-war Germany had - following the Civil War.  Instead 'reconstruction' lasts a couple of years before Jim Crow etc.

A fascistic police force, four centuries of prejudice & enslavement, and swathes of the population who could be called 'unreformed' at the very least.  The surprise isn't that these riots happen; it's that they're so few in number.

Twit 2

QuoteWhenever I happen to be in a city of any size, I marvel that riots do not break out everyday: Massacres, unspeakable carnage, a doomsday chaos. How can so many human beings coexist in a space so confined without hating each other to death?

Pingers

Quote from: Pingers on May 29, 2020, 12:53:36 PM
Yer man Cioran?

Yep, everyone's favourite happy chappy.  Apt for this type of horror mind.

Blumf

Quote from: Mobius on May 29, 2020, 11:26:31 AM
Black CNN reporter and crew currently being arrested literally live on CNN

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/29/us/minneapolis-cnn-crew-arrested/index.html
QuoteThe crew, including correspondent Omar Jimenez, were handcuffed and detained as Jimenez gave a live report on a Minneapolis street shortly after 5 a.m. CT (6 a.m. ET).
Jimenez could be seen holding his CNN badge while reporting, identifying himself as a reporter, and telling the officers the crew would move wherever officers needed them to. An officer gripped his arm as Jimenez talked, then put him in handcuffs.
"We can move back to where you like. We are live on the air here. ... Put us back where you want us. We are getting out of your way -- wherever you want us (we'll) get out of your way," Jimenez said before he was led away.
CNN's Josh Campell, who also was in the area but not standing with the on-air crew, said he, too, was approached by police, but was allowed to remain.
"I identified myself ... they said, 'OK, you're permitted to be in the area,'" recounted Campbell, who is white.

They're reeeeeally not trying here, are they.

Quote from: Blumf on May 29, 2020, 12:58:17 PM
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/29/us/minneapolis-cnn-crew-arrested/index.html
They're reeeeeally not trying here, are they.

I've just watched that.  Absolutely incredible.  It's hard to imagine security forces a failed state in a war-torn hellhole conducting themselves like that.

Pingers

They are upholding White Power by any means necessary. Black people have to be nice about it though - I know this because white people told me.