Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:29:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Minnesota Riots

Started by Abnormal Palm, May 28, 2020, 04:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chveik

Quote from: Twit 2 on May 29, 2020, 12:41:00 PM

Cioran is not a very reliable thinker when it comes to politics.

Dog Botherer

Quote from: wooders1978 on May 29, 2020, 03:50:37 AM
This is what is also really bothering me (it all does, obviously) - surely they must have known what the guy was doing would kill him or at least cause serious harm - fucking arseholes

Looting is not a very dignified response however it must be said

where is the dignity in dying while a pig smirks and grinds his knee into your throat

ffs mate

Kryton

'Looting is un-American'.

Says the cunts who looted Iraq, Libya, Syria, Afghanistan etc.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: a peepee tipi on May 29, 2020, 11:31:24 AM
I hate hate hate bringing shit over from another thread, but if I seem like a miserable angry bastard, well, the US is a fucking shithole

I think it's a beautiful country, maybe the most beautiful if you consider the variety of landscapes and cultures, but even as a white person with all the privilege that entails, in nearly 15 years of living there I felt like I was living in a Police State, from the moment I would land at the airport and have to deal with the immigration officers. The attitude of a lot of authority figures over there can be incredibly hostile and aggressive. I know someone who went to a museum and got a grilling from a security guard as they were going in and then when they started laughing at how ridiculous it was, got "what the hell are you laughing at?" barked at them. Obviously it's worse for certain demographics but there's a general problem with it and I don't really understand where it comes from as I always found Americans in general to be more laid back and non-threatening than other countries I've been in.

Quote from: Dog Botherer on May 29, 2020, 01:47:49 PM
where is the dignity in dying while a pig smirks and grinds his knee into your throat

ffs mate

I think most of the people protesting would be against the looting as well since it's completely unnecessary and counter-productive, it's not an unreasonable point.

Puce Moment

They know by now that when one of their attack dogs goes too far, the reward is this. They know it, but they still do it. Fuck them.

jobotic

Have you seen the footage from Columbus of cope dressed in black with gas masks on smashing windows and vandalising businesses, even when being asked not to by protestors?

We've got all this coming.

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: Kryton on May 29, 2020, 01:50:24 PM

That's called Nation Building.

Dog Botherer

target pays shit wages while making billions, who's looting who really

but yeah i've seen that video of the cop torching the Autozone, the police statement denying involvement has been just universally not believed.

https://mobile.twitter.com/sppdmn/status/1266202225677910022

El Unicornio, mang

It's not just big stores like Target being, erm, targeted though. Small local businesses, run be people of all demographics, which are already suffering because of Covid-19 are being trashed too.

https://www.startribune.com/mpls-small-business-owners-pick-up-pieces-after-night-of-destruction/570833292/

Dog Botherer

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on May 29, 2020, 02:14:16 PM
It's not just big stores like Target being, erm, targeted though. Small local businesses, run be people of all demographics, which are already suffering because of Covid-19 are being trashed too.

https://www.startribune.com/mpls-small-business-owners-pick-up-pieces-after-night-of-destruction/570833292/

paywalled

better off burning targets and cop stations imho

Kryton

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on May 29, 2020, 02:14:16 PM

Yep and a new housing project which was funded by community money.

As in every case like this, the innocents suffer and tougher laws get pushed through. And cunt police get new weapons and the poorer communities get shit on.

Couldn't give a fuck about TARGET, they kind of brought it upon themselves by refusing to sell milk etc to protesters and thus allied themselves with the pigs.

Dog Botherer

almost certain i saw a thread about undercover police starting the fire in the housing, don't quote me on it just yet i'll have a look

cointelpro lads

chveik

Quote from: Kryton on May 29, 2020, 02:26:05 PM
As in every case like this, the innocents suffer and tougher laws get pushed through. And cunt police get new weapons and the poorer communities get shit on.

we wouldn't be enjoying many rights if some of our elders hadn't participated in riots/protests. it's the harsh truth.

GMTV

The American justice system, lumping in the state of the prisons with police brutality, is utterly horrifying. Industrial scale brutality.

America is rotten to the core.

Sebastian Cobb

I like the fact the bus drivers are refusing to transport the prisoners.

Also it seems the looted gear has gone straight onto stalls to help the rioters.

All good stuff. Cunts have had a monopoly on civil unrest for a while.

Buelligan

Quote from: Kryton on May 29, 2020, 01:50:24 PM

Tell it to the Cherokee, Lakota, Cheyenne...

Kryton

Quote from: chveik on May 29, 2020, 02:46:24 PM
we wouldn't be enjoying many rights if some of our elders hadn't participated in riots/protests. it's the harsh truth.

Very true. Just easy to see it playing into Conservative hands when people get hurt.

Wonderful Butternut

I see some condemnation from policing associations about the arrest being 'inconsistent with training protocols'.

I'm sorry, but if you need training to not press your knee into someone's neck when they're on the ground for at least 7 minutes (including about 4 during which he was unresponsive) then maybe you're too fucked up to be a police officer in the first place.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on May 29, 2020, 04:38:54 PM
I see some condemnation from policing associations about the arrest being 'inconsistent with training protocols'.

It's inconsistent because usually they just shoot them.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Kryton on May 29, 2020, 02:26:44 AM
I often think what people like Derek Chauvin think about when their actions have resulted in all these protests, riots, lootings, violence.
Do they feel responsible or do they hide away?

I've wondered the same thing myself in the past (chiefly over Rodney King), but nowadays I just doubt they feel anything much, because they're almost certainly psychopaths.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

peanutbutter

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on May 29, 2020, 05:06:58 PM
I've wondered the same thing myself in the past (chiefly over Rodney King), but nowadays I just doubt they feel anything much, because they're almost certainly psychopaths.
Even psychopaths need to find some way to rationalise it though that makes them firmly in the right.

I'd guess they're blaming the other cops, with some bullshit reason but the actual underlying reason being that they didn't confiscate the video.

Dog Botherer

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on May 29, 2020, 04:38:54 PM

I'm sorry, but if you need training to not press your knee into someone's neck when they're on the ground for at least 7 minutes (including about 4 during which he was unresponsive) then maybe you're too fucked up to be a police officer in the first place.

good segment on the premium Chapo today about how this is exactly consistent with training protocols

Pingers

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on May 29, 2020, 05:06:58 PM

I should think 98% of their thinking time is spent on "how can I get away with this?"

Cold Meat Platter

Ferris

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on May 29, 2020, 06:44:40 PM
Chauvin's been arrested.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52854025

Did the attending officers find it necessary to kneel on him during the apprehension?

Bernice

Good that he's been arrested. I wasn't about for the early 90s riots, but right now the political situation seems like a fucking tinderbox. Could see this situation, or one like it, being the spark for a Troubles-style period of protracted civil violence.