Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:57:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Star Trek: TNG Day 2 -- a dangerous, savage child-race.

Started by oblivion, May 28, 2020, 05:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oblivion

The dixieland band is back, and a raucous and infectious tune blares over shipwide comms

Up and at 'em  my intrepid, might I even say enterpising guests. Oh? I shouldn't refer to you as guests on your own ship? Au contraire! You're in my universe and you're not exactly welcome guests.

To the bridge with you. Snap, snap!

You blearily assemble yourselves on the bridge, looking around cautiously. You seem smaller in number than even last night after the rather grim revelation that even such a trusted crew member as Commander Riker could be a shapeshifter.

I'm afraid I have some bad news, my friends. Some of your comrades in arms have fallen to adversity.

SNAP!

Two horizontal humanoid forms, shrouded in a draping of diaphanous fabric float out of the turbolift.

Well, go ahead, identify them!

You gingerly pull the fabric away from the nearest floating body and reveal...

Oh it's Rizla, poor thing.

Rizla was Lt. Commander Elizabeth Shelby. She must have been ecstatic to see the first officer position open for the taking last night! Ah well, it was not to be.

Rizla was Vanilla Enterprise

Come on, come on, show us the other one.

The fabric falls away from the second body.

Well, now isn't that a pity? It's earl_sleek

earl_sleek was Dr. Katherine Pulaski, one hell of a cardiac surgeon if she did say so herself.

earl_sleek was Vanilla Enterprise

Enough of that, let's clear the deck and get down to business.

SNAP! The bodies vanish

On Board the Ship

• BlodwynPig
  • rue the polywhirl Spoon of Ploff
  • DrGreggles
  • Delete Delete Delete
  • Jim Bob
  • selectivememory
  • borealis madhair60
  • Danger Man
  • Fishfinger
  • Cerys
  • Kryton
  • unicycly mcunicylceface
  • pancreas
  • This isnt witty sorry
  • Chairman Yang
  • Prison Biscuits
  • Flouncer
  • Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle

Shuffled off this mortal coil

• Paul Calf, William Riker, Shapeshifter Ability Cop
  • Rizla, Elizabeth Shelby Vanilla Enterprise
  • earl_sleek, Katherine Pulaski,  Vanilla Enterprise

Fishbringer is your Mayor.

Day 1 begins!

Nightfall is Friday, 11:30 PM BST / 6:30 PM US EDT

borealis

Thank you.

I've been reading the D1 thread backwards to try to catch up and am about half through. So there's that.

Fishfinger

Good morning. I am checks notes Fishbringer!

This was the first day 1 Scum kill, I believe? So that's good. But we lost two in the night.

I think there's a lot to unpack here. A cold-blooded look at how the voting went in the last hour or so might shed some unexpected light. There was a kind of febrile mood and I'm not sure we covered ourselves in glory, even if we ended making the right decision.

Right now, I'll say as Mayor my responsibility is to use the voting advantage wisely and to do that I need your guidance.

Quote from: Fishfinger on May 28, 2020, 05:41:59 PM
Good morning. I am checks notes Fishbringer!

This was the first day 1 Scum kill, I believe? So that's good. But we lost two in the night.

I think there's a lot to unpack here. A cold-blooded look at how the voting went in the last hour or so might shed some unexpected light. There was a kind of febrile mood and I'm not sure we covered ourselves in glory, even if we ended making the right decision.

Right now, I'll say as Mayor my responsibility is to use the voting advantage wisely and to do that I need your guidance.

Fishfinger I'd like to know why you went for Jim bob at the end after fence sitting for so long.

Fishfinger

Because there were a flurry of votes and it seemed manipulative, as if people were suddenly trying to protect him. I was probably wrong. I'm glad we nailed a Scum player, but equally I don't (didn't) see the evidence for going for Paul Calf either. Obviously the lynch result was great in the end for Enterprise, or we'd be three down and in deep shit.

Not buying it, you Voted for him 3 times. You went hard for Jim Bob. Why did you vote 3 times?

Paul was a scum cop, not good, means roles we assume are town aren't necessarily so.

Guessing Earl was the scum kill for putting us onto Paul.

He was an ability Cop, which is slightly different, but your point stands.

Yeah I was a bit confused by Paul Calf's role but I guess it's a cop who can find out Town Specials. More importantly though - why didn't he turn up to defend himself and why did the other shapeshifters let him get killed.

Anyway, sad to see earl_sleek go, he was one of the few people I trusted.

Fishfinger

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on May 28, 2020, 05:47:50 PM
Not buying it, you Voted for him 3 times. You went hard for Jim Bob. Why did you vote 3 times?

Err, no just once I think. That doesn't make any sense.

To be fair, there was all kinds of mad shit going in the last half hour of last night's game.

Fishfinger

Yeah, as I posted above, there was a kind of febrile atmosphere.

Again, I'd like "[a] cold-blooded look at how the voting went in the last hour or so." I can't do it right now.

borealis

A flurry of votes at end of day is just as likely to be players having a panic to get their votes in on time.

I don't suppose anyone has a handy voting list? Be interesting to do a bit of vote analysis, who voted who when. And the Paul Calf final voters are a little less sus than everyone else, scum don't like bussing their specials D1. Unless the alternative is an even more special scum.

Quote from: Fishfinger on May 27, 2020, 11:03:01 PM
Why is there a sudden flurry of votes when Jim Bob was the clear leader? It makes no sense. Enterprise can't organise that. Chaos may be the purpose, but it's clear that we have a bunch of coordinated votes for someone else. And Jim Bob is suddenly off his hobby horse. Huh.  vote Jim Bob.

Quote from: Fishfinger on May 27, 2020, 10:38:49 PM
You've provided no evidence, this close to the deadline.

vote Jim Bob

You have time to change my mind.

Fishfinger

Fair enough, although that's twice, not three times.

Quote from: Fishfinger on May 27, 2020, 10:56:46 PM
A switch this late to a quiet one would make sense were it not so sudden. Scum are confident they can just keep screwing around with multiple votes. To distract from what? And Jim Bob suddenly making sense. vote Jim Bob[/].

Delete, why are you in your own words "100% certain that Jim Bob is town"?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Fishfinger on May 28, 2020, 05:47:02 PM
Because there were a flurry of votes and it seemed manipulative, as if people were suddenly trying to protect him. I was probably wrong. I'm glad we nailed a Scum player, but equally I don't (didn't) see the evidence for going for Paul Calf either. Obviously the lynch result was great in the end for Enterprise, or we'd be three down and in deep shit.

Same here. Had no hunch about Paul Calf and didn't buy the vote the silent - but that was a lucky hit. Pretty much puts all Calf voters in the likely innocent pile.

You went hard for Jim Bob and reiterated your vote, after fence sitting all day. Then when it look like Paul Calf was for the chop, you were trying to stoke up the choas by commenting on it, trying to get people to vote Jim Bob.

BlodwynPig

Fishfinger

Delete, I get you now and you're correct. The honest answer is I don't remember doing that. I'd had a drink at that time, but it was a bit frantic in general. But you're quite right.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on May 28, 2020, 05:57:36 PM
You went hard for Jim Bob and reiterated your vote, after fence sitting all day. Then when it look like Paul Calf was for the chop, you were trying to stoke up the choas by commenting on it, trying to get people to vote Jim Bob.

Please indicate who that was directed to

Danger Man

Are you saying my husband is scum?

I'd lez up again but we're losing female crew members at an alarming rate.

Fishfinger

I'm not scum. I maintained a level head almost up until the end then that last hour or so got to me and I jumped in.

I don't understand how we ended up at the right answer.

As Mayor I'd expect a big campaign to lynch me today. That's fine. Whatever happens, my vote will be for a target that makes sense. I hope someone learned something overnight that we can use.

Quote from: Prison Biscuits on May 28, 2020, 05:56:27 PM
Delete, why are you in your own words "100% certain that Jim Bob is town"?
Because Jim bob is a very unique person. He gets stubbon, angry and irrational when backed into a corner. He is also quite competative so he wants to win. Jim bob was playing exactly like I expect Jim Bob to play. If he was in a team, he owuld of recieved much more support and wouldnt have felt backed into a corner.

Blodwyn Pig, do you have any useful information to share with us this morning?