Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,325
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:57:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Star Trek: TNG Day 2 -- a dangerous, savage child-race.

Started by oblivion, May 28, 2020, 05:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishfinger

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on May 28, 2020, 06:01:02 PM
Because Jim bob is a very unique person. He gets stubbon, angry and irrational when backed into a corner. He is also quite competative so he wants to win. Jim bob was playing exactly like I expect Jim Bob to play. If he was in a team, he owuld of recieved much more support and wouldnt have felt backed into a corner.

I'd like to point out that I said I suspected he was just "being himself" before the flurry of votes at the end. Then I smelled a rat. But weirdly, we did the right thing.

Quote from: Fishfinger on May 28, 2020, 06:03:58 PM
I'd like to point out that I said I suspected he was just "being himself" before the flurry of votes at the end. Then I smelled a rat. But weirdly, we did the right thing.
Who is this We? You didn;t do the right thing, you Voted Jim Bob. You do not get the reflective glory.

Kryton

I can't spend a lot of time on this thread today - so here's my notes.

VOTED FOR PAUL CALF - earl_sleek, Delete Delete Delete,  flouncer, Prison Biscuits, This isnt witty sorry, Kryton, Jim Bob  (so most but maybe not all of these are crew/neutral) - maybe one scum voted to deflect?

Blodywn changed vote from Paul last minute and initially declared Paul as enterprise and also declared FISH/EARL/DEL/GREGGLES as scum. Blodwyn might be deflecting or neutral. Many of these voted against Paul, so Blodwyn's using high chance of deflection. Pressured me to vote Del.

Paul voted JimBob (who else did?) - 
earl_sleek, Prison Biscuits,  Chairman Yang, selectivememory, Danger Man, Paul Calf, Madhair all voted JimBob?

Out of these I single out Yang, Danger Man and Paul calf. Not sure about selective.

People who voted for Madhair after he left - dangerman ( but delete suggested it),  Rue,

SCUM FOR SURE: Dangerman biggest deflector,  maybe Cerys and Rue and Chairman Yang? Rue and Danger muddied the waters a bit after the Paul vote.

Town?: me, earl, flouncer, delete, prison, TIWS, Jimbob, Dr Greggles (cos he voted dangerman and Paul Calf)

Fishfinger

Why the votes for Paul Calf? I don't get it. It was correct, but why? A sudden flurry of votes against the popular target against someone else without reason makes me suspicious. Day 1, there's no real information to go on.

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 27, 2020, 10:42:54 PM
I'm not going to reveal anything, but I have my reasons now. All will be revealed in the morning.

EAGERLY AWAITING THIS UPDATE

Kryton

Quote from: Fishfinger on May 28, 2020, 06:07:38 PM
Why the votes for Paul Calf? I don't get it. It was correct, but why? A sudden flurry of votes against the popular target against someone else without reason makes me suspicious. Day 1, there's no real information to go on.

Don't worry about the why now, let's consider who voted for him and who didn't.

Danger Man

Biggest deflector?

What does that mean?

Biggest drinker more like.....

Fishfinger

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on May 28, 2020, 06:05:02 PM
Who is this We? You didn;t do the right thing, you Voted Jim Bob. You do not get the reflective glory.

We, team, Enterprise. I'm not taking credit. I should've just done nothing and the outcome would be the same but I lost my way in that final stretch. I'd face a lynch mob today anyway. My vote will be used for the Enterprise cause and I'll make other arguments when I have time to think.

Danger Man

JimBob announced that I was mafia because....well because he is a genius.

Why didn't he get a mob hit for saying that? 

Fishfinger

Quote from: Kryton on May 28, 2020, 06:08:26 PM
Don't worry about the why now, let's consider who voted for him and who didn't.

Well, the point is when that happens all of a sudden, apparently unprompted, it raises suspicions. But you're right. Go through all the votes.

The Jim Bob 6

These all eneded the day with their votes on Jim Bob.

Chairman Yang, Paul Calf, Fishfinger, Rue The polywhirl, Danger Man and Blodwyn Pig.

I think the Jim Bob 6 is a good starting place to start investigations.

Which is why i'm looking a Fishfingers suspect behaviour. I was convinced he was townie, until his actions at the end of the night. He went hard for Jim Bob. Takig hsi time to bold his name and vote for him 3 times, yet he claims hes dosnt remember doing it.

selectivememory

Quote from: Kryton on May 28, 2020, 06:07:08 PM

Paul voted JimBob (who else did?) - 
earl_sleek, Prison Biscuits,  Chairman Yang, selectivememory, Danger Man, Paul Calf, Madhair all voted JimBob?

Out of these I single out Yang, Danger Man and Paul calf. Not sure about selective.

I did withdraw my vote for Jim Bob shortly before nightfall. I genuinely came to believe that he was Enterprise simply because he seemed very emotional and vociferous in a way which I think was very unlikely to be an act. And I didn't vote for anyone else as I found that last hour bewildering and was amazed that we managed to take down a Shapeshifter in the end, as I didn't see a compelling case for lynching Calf.

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on May 28, 2020, 06:11:36 PM
Rue The polywhirl, Danger Man and Blodwyn Pig.

These three are dodgy, imo.

Rue appeared suddenly towards the end to chuck his vote in after not posting much.
Danger Man hiding behind others, following the votes, nice and safe
Blodwyn doing his usual deliberate obfuscation (doesn't mean he's scum but he claimed to know important things and then wouldn't say what they were)

Danger Man

Quote from: Prison Biscuits on May 28, 2020, 06:14:18 PM
Danger Man hiding behind others, following the votes, nice and safe

Which is exactly what I did in Game One and it turned out I was town cop.

Just saying....

Fishfinger

It was a mess. A bit of distance will help everyone.

In theory, if I'm not a liar, we took out a Scum player and Town is in control of the mayoral advantage.

I appreciate that summation is a leap of faith for some people.

Being Mayor and not being killed overnight would be the primary reason for suspicion, though. But I already set out why that's impossible. Notice no-one has mentioned that yet.

Quote from: selectivememory on May 28, 2020, 06:12:30 PM
I did withdraw my vote for Jim Bob shortly before nightfall. I genuinely came to believe that he was Enterprise simply because he was very emotional and vociferous in a way which I think was very unlikely to be an act. And I didn't vote for anyone else as I found that last hour bewildering and was amazed that we managed to take down a Shapeshifter in the end, as I didn't see a compelling case for lynching Calf.
Thik of it this way, its the fact he didnt have a compelling case that makes his mafia play suspect. If I have learnt anything over the last ocuple of games is that the ones that seems to keep out of trouble the most, end up being the Mafia. The ones that looks suspsious tend to end up townie, because there making mistakes, going on gut, emotion and faulty logic.

It was the fact there seemed to be a hidden hand tipping the blalance in the last sequence of
play, that made me think to stay strong. there was no reason to leap on Jim bob at the end s no new evidence on him was coming forth. I think most people should of made there mind up on him by that point. So who was trying to do the most muddying at that point and who stuck to their guns?

pancreas

Fishfinger

Quote from: pancreas on May 28, 2020, 06:17:39 PM
Who was earl_sleek fingering, do we remember?

It was probably my wife, Danger Man. But that's fine. I have important work to do, she needs her fun. I don't mind. stares at console

Kryton

Quote from: Danger Man on May 28, 2020, 06:10:49 PM
JimBob announced that I was mafia because....well because he is a genius.

Why didn't he get a mob hit for saying that?

You called me Godfather.

Lucky he left us this

Quote from: earl_sleek on May 27, 2020, 11:06:39 PM
Blodywn: fuck knows. He's got some explaining to do tomorrow, if it doesn't add up then definite lynch candidate for tomorrow
rue: dunno
greggles: probably scum, posts don't add up to me
delete: probably town
rizla: scum?
jim bob: almost certainly town
selective memory: dunno
madhair: I had some suspicions, some things he said didn't add up, but out of play for the moment
dangerman: is he just roleplaying, or is he hiding behind that?
fishfinger: probably town
kryton: probably town
unicycly: town?
pancreas: can't even tell if he's playing
TIWS: quiet, needs more investigation
chairman yang: probably scum
prison biscuits: scum?
flouncer: town, for now. too quiet to trust
MLWD: someone better get fruit tonight
paul calf: too quiet, either scum or no use

pancreas

Quote from: Fishfinger on May 28, 2020, 06:18:58 PM
It was probably my wife, Danger Man. But that's fine. I have important work to do, she needs her fun. I don't mind. stares at console

Is it possible that your wife is one of them?

Fishfinger

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on May 28, 2020, 06:17:00 PM
It was the fact there seemed to be a hidden hand tipping the blalance in the last sequence of
play, that made me think to stay strong. there was no reason to leap on Jim bob at the end s no new evidence on him was coming forth. I think most people should of made there mind up on him by that point. So who was trying to do the most muddying at that point and who stuck to their guns?

I can only speak for myself, but this is backwards - this is exactly why I suddenly thought JB was being protected. No evidence, sudden flurry of votes for someone else who had previously not been a target.

Kryton

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on May 28, 2020, 06:11:36 PM
The Jim Bob 6

These all eneded the day with their votes on Jim Bob.

Chairman Yang, Paul Calf, Fishfinger, Rue The polywhirl, Danger Man and Blodwyn Pig.

I think the Jim Bob 6 is a good starting place to start investigations.

Yep I now believe Delete is town and these are more or less my suspects too.

pancreas

Could someone please speak up if they got given a lemon?

Danger Man

Quote from: pancreas on May 28, 2020, 06:17:39 PM
Who was earl_sleek fingering, do we remember?

His first post was Vote Jim Bob

I had to back and look for that. This game is a lot of work.

rue the polywhirl

I voted JimBob because he was getting more than a little temperamental last evening. I could have voted for Paul because of his inactivity but mr all-out-raging JimBob then emerged and became the most logical choice.

pancreas

Quote from: Danger Man on May 28, 2020, 06:22:56 PM

We do appreciate the effort.

Quote from: Danger Man on May 28, 2020, 06:22:56 PM

Ha, good try, you know he changed his mind on that. Jim Bob should be given a rest today. Theresplenty of other players to shake today. Hey Danger Man ;)

Kryton

I gotta go and won't be active on this thread, but I'll leave it with VOTE DANGERMAN