Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,184
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:24:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

OASIS ARE FUCKING GREAT AREN'T THEY

Started by itsfredtitmus, May 28, 2020, 09:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Gardener

Quote from: Rich Uncle Skeleton on June 17, 2020, 06:26:14 PM
is that Peter Skellern/Julian Lloyd Webber Oasis or yet another Oasis?

it's a Christian Oasis, bless

rue the polywhirl

I would love these guys to reunite for a one-shot performance of Midnight At The Oasis, preferably at the stroke of midnight and at some tacky nightclub also called The Oasis.

Head Gardener

whilst drinking bottles of Oasis, of course

SteveDave

Which Gallagher brother will die first and how?

I'm not including Paul in this as he'll be off in a few years.

sweeper

I've decided I would accept an Oasis reunion on the condition that they have to play weekly benefit gigs for the Democratic Football Lads Alliance.

It's their core audience anyway, so I'm sure they'll agree to those terms.

Welcome back, lads.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I would accept an Oasis reunion, if they just played a full- blown cover version of  " The Idiot Song" instead of " Whatever" as part of their set, and they bought that mute , naked dancer what Butthole Surfers had on stage circa 1987 out of retirement to join them . And if they only played stuff from their first album. And if they also interspersed their set with cover versions of theme tunes for popular American sit- com's from the 1980s ( " Different Strokes", " Charles In Charge", " Silver Spoons", etc.)

Head Gardener

Marner and Me

You're looking at £50 minimum for 12" singles on eBay. Not checked HMV yet though.

PaulTMA

Wonder how much I'd get for a Creation Morning Glory vinyl

Sebastian Cobb

It's still going to sound like a brickwalled mess with no breathing room on vinyl isn't it?

Head Gardener

Spiteface

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 28, 2020, 03:54:07 PM
It's still going to sound like a brickwalled mess with no breathing room on vinyl isn't it?
Different version than what was on the album. That was the first Oasis release, was eventually put out as one of the B-sides for "Supersonic" before its re-recording for Definitely Maybe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcFptpJhuCk

EDIT: There is a less-brickwalled version that came out on the reissue of Deifnitely Maybe a few years ago:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpa6vpD8y4U

Sebastian Cobb

Sorry, I was primarily on about Morning Glory. As they said on supersonic:

And there was this new box
   0:42:38   0:42:39

and you could make things twice as loud
   0:42:39   0:42:41

without going into digital distortion on your CD.
   0:42:41   0:42:45

It was in every fucking jukebox in the country, twice as loud.
   0:42:45   0:42:47

It was funny as fuck, man.

Dusty Substance

I went record shopping yesterday and picked up a 7" jukebox single of Live Forever (priced at £8, but due to bulk buy it worked out at nearer £6). Just gave it a spin - Can't remember the last time I actually listened to Live Forever from beginning to end but, bloody hell, it's a really good single. If you're able to forget all the 90s excess, lad culture shenanigans and just listen to the song, it's an undeniably great tune.

Head Gardener