Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:05:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2020 Semi-Final: Miles vs hedgehog90

Started by Miles, May 29, 2020, 12:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Ferris

Ninety Hedgehogs for the stronger 2nd return, but very very good stuff all round

QDRPHNC

Small Man Big Horse

Hedgehog's are fantastic and would've won 99.99% of other games, but Miles played a stormer here and so gets my vote.

Johnny Yesno

I nearly just reflexively voted for hh90 before I realised that those aren't really Maggie's jugs. Therefore I vote Miles.

I too would like to know how the tunnel of posters was done.

Fishfinger

Wonderful stuff from Hog, but I'm going with Miles.

pancreas

Bence Fekete

Miles edges it for me. Though Hedgehog90s first return is genius.

Miles

Miles

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on May 29, 2020, 09:33:43 AM
can you please explain how you did the tunnel of posters once this match is over? thanks please thank you
Quote from: Johnny Yesno on June 01, 2020, 05:01:13 PM
I too would like to know how the tunnel of posters was done.
Erm, you just make the poster as you want, then duplicate it a load of times and line them up in a grid, combine them into a layer, and then after choosing a vanishing point somewhere in your image, use the distort tool to squeeze that layer down on one side to the vanishing point, or as near as you can, and do the same for the other three sides; got lazy here and just mirrored the other wall!

Quote from: pancreas on June 01, 2020, 02:16:38 PM
Is it referencing something? Looks like Roy Lichtenstein.
It is a complete and utter rip off of Jack Kirby's Negative Zone from Fantastic Four, and indeed a spot of Dan Dare.

Hedgehog90 please 1st return has the best desinty of jokes in it. Miles is great for have a stong idea and presenting to a very high standard, but Hog made me laugh the most.

Wonderful Butternut

After some thought, I'm going Miles

I loved hog's second shot, but I thought Miles pipped it overall.

Butchers Blind

PlanktonSideburns

greencalx

I'm going with hog for the album cover. But so little to choose.

Spoon of Ploff

does some hard thinking..

Spoiler alert
lovely shots from Miles... good to see The Prisoner referenced...  Hedges second doesn't quite work for me.... trying to blend photo images into a.. what is that? an etching? Add to that the deep grudge I hold I'll have to go with the server in this match.... but if the prickly one had made even more fun of the size of Cummings genitalia in his Axis: Bold As Love cover I might have wavered (not really).
[close]

Miles gets my vote

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Hedgehog for the final shot. Truly capturing a medieval wickedness and horror.

wasp_f15ting

Sorry h90 your return was ace but Miles just squeezes through

Cerys

Cuellar

hedgehog for me. Really enjoyed 'praxis: bald as fuck'.

kittens

thought hedge for sure after first shot, but then miles' reply was an absolute banger. honestly cannot choose. i therefore vote kittens as a write-in.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Miles on June 01, 2020, 06:46:50 PM
Erm, you just make the poster as you want, then duplicate it a load of times and line them up in a grid, combine them into a layer, and then after choosing a vanishing point somewhere in your image, use the distort tool to squeeze that layer down on one side to the vanishing point, or as near as you can, and do the same for the other three sides;

Thanks. Now you've explained, I can see why you started your reply with 'Erm'. Seems obvious now. Perhaps you're really good at choosing vanishing points, or something.

Quotegot lazy here and just mirrored the other wall!

Ah, now I did notice that and deducted points accordingly. Tutted and shook my head a bit too. Risky, mate. Risky.

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: Miles on June 01, 2020, 06:46:50 PM
Erm, you just make the poster as you want, then duplicate it a load of times and line them up in a grid, combine them into a layer, and then after choosing a vanishing point somewhere in your image, use the distort tool to squeeze that layer down on one side to the vanishing point, or as near as you can, and do the same for the other three sides; got lazy here and just mirrored the other wall!

Thanks!... I did wonder that after I posted the question,, thought maybe you were employing some 3D voodoo.

Miles

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on June 02, 2020, 03:00:19 PM
Thanks!... I did wonder that after I posted the question,, thought maybe you were employing some 3D voodoo.
Quote from: Johnny Yesno on June 02, 2020, 02:39:23 PM
Thanks. Now you've explained, I can see why you started your reply with 'Erm'. Seems obvious now. Perhaps you're really good at choosing vanishing points, or something.
Well to be honest I couldn't really remember what way I'd gone about it, and there must be easier, and more photoshop-savvy methods than this; it was more of an 'I've been rumbled' erm.

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on June 02, 2020, 02:39:23 PMAh, now I did notice that and deducted points accordingly. Tutted and shook my head a bit too. Risky, mate. Risky.
...I've been rumbled.

idunnosomename

not a pity vote, i genuinely adore the hog's odes to Hendrix and Doré. also cuntos. excellent.

but of course super match