Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 10:28:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CNN News crew arrested live on air in Minneapolis

Started by Paul Calf, May 29, 2020, 12:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Calf

Buelligan

Thomas

So the police saw more immediate cause to detain this polite, apparently cooperative news crew than Derek Chauvin? Interesting. Perhaps if they'd filmed themselves killing an unarmed black man they might have been allowed to go on their way.

Bernice

O say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the la-haaaand of the freeeeeeeee
And the ho-oooooome of the braaaaaaaave?

Cuellar

Brundle-Fly

Makes you wonder if the state police dept chief received a memo from the White House with regards to any CNN reportage on the scene.

Sin Agog

If that wasn't grim and apocalyptic enough, looking at the weather report underneath and seeing 'Phoenix, 112°' sent me over the edge.

Harry Badger

Suffering fuck, what an absolute fucking nightmare country America is. The tone of the studio presenter's voice tells the story.

Fambo Number Mive

State police openly lying about the arrest reason on Twitter. Despite the fact CNN filmed the arrest and the events leading up to it.

Mr_Simnock

this is all heading in a rather worrying direction, we all know what usually happens once the press start getting arrested and controlled

Fambo Number Mive

Can imagine Trump declaring himself dictator for life, surrounded by a load of fash with massive guns. It's scary.

Gulftastic

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 29, 2020, 02:59:38 PM
Can imagine Trump declaring himself dictator for life, surrounded by a load of fash with massive guns. It's scary.

With all this nonsense about mail in voter fraud, the GOP is laying the groundwork for declaring any election invalid if the outcome doesn't suit.

Wonderful Butternut

This isn't repression or fascism. No! Clearly repression is asking people to wear a facemask so they don't give each other a serious respiratory illness. Police brutality against minorities? Arresting journalists? President trying to censure private companies for being mean to him? Those are all fine.

I think I've just reached the point where I couldn't be fucked with America anymore. Disfunctional country full of stupid morons and stupid moron enablers, and the worst part is the majority are completely unable to self analyse how utterly fucked their society is. Hope the whole place burns to the fucking ground.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Gulftastic on May 29, 2020, 03:13:48 PM
With all this nonsense about mail in voter fraud, the GOP is laying the groundwork for declaring any election invalid if the outcome doesn't suit.

Are they already voting in the election?

pancreas

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on May 29, 2020, 03:35:55 PM
This isn't repression or fascism. No! Clearly repression is asking people to wear a facemask so they don't give each other a serious respiratory illness. Police brutality against minorities? Arresting journalists? President trying to censure private companies for being mean to him? Those are all fine.

I think I've just reached the point where I couldn't be fucked with America anymore. Disfunctional country full of stupid morons and stupid moron enablers, and the worst part is the majority are completely unable to self analyse how utterly fucked their society is. Hope the whole place burns to the fucking ground.

I'm hoping the tectonic plates in the Pacific bring a calming influence.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on May 29, 2020, 02:52:26 PM
this is all heading in a rather worrying direction, we all know what usually happens once the press start getting arrested and controlled

A Latex clad cum party?

Johnny Yesno

@brokenbottleboy reckons the US has begun its second civil war. Is that an overreaction? Arresting CNN reporters live on air suggests it might not be.

Bernice

I don't know that it is civil war 2 but it does feel, all things considered, that we aren't far off something like that kicking off. And the spark seems likely to be either an egregious example of institutional racism or Trump losing the election.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Probably just a flashpoint of this continuation of unresolved violence caused by ingrained racism and arming civilians.

Moribunderast

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on May 30, 2020, 03:13:56 AM
Next stage unlocked: https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1266552367354392580

Haha, the comments on that thread. So many Trumpites happy to live in a fascist police state as long as it upsets the libs.

Buelligan

idunnosomename

First they came to own the libs but i did not speak out for i was already owned

Buelligan

That's really beautiful, man.  Sincerely. 

Wonderful Butternut

The mask has rather spectacularly come off, hasn't it?

This will no doubt be a cathartic event that will fundementally change American society for the better. For 6 months until everyone forgets.

Thursday

I don't know why I find it surprising at this point - Not the idea the police are just really, really, institutionally racist... just the idea that they don't even feel any idea to hide it. Any time a big story like George Floyd happens, there's not even any attempt to dial things back a bit until the story dies down, but instead they just double down. A combination of no self-awareness and knowing it doesn't matter what they do.

bgmnts

I dont think they did much when that Diallo kid was shot 41 times on a stoop by plain clothes coppers for some reason. They let them off pretty quick and arrested the protesters.

Puce Moment

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on May 30, 2020, 03:13:56 AMNext stage unlocked: https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1266552367354392580

Those comments about it being a paintball gun with pepper-spray bullets and everyone should calm down, as if they don't support the pigs for shooting a 15-year-old for carrying a can of coke in a white neighbourgood.