Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:56:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Clint Eastwood - 90 today!

Started by Keebleman, May 31, 2020, 05:14:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Egyptian Feast

Wow, didn't know that about Audie Murphy. That would've been an interesting take, maybe in the alternative timeline where Sinatra played Dirty Harry.

jobotic

Did Tarantino acknowledge the line he stole from Charley Varrick?

I don;t know - if he did, fair enough.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: jobotic on June 04, 2020, 10:39:47 PM
Did Tarantino acknowledge the line he stole from Charley Varrick?

I don;t know - if he did, fair enough.

Probably not - since when was he open about his..."borrowings" before a third party notices them? (rhetorical)

chveik

samadriel

Shit Good Nose

On Dirty Harry, I thought the first sequel would have at least given the intentions of the first a bit of a pass.

Then again, the third sequel does have a serial killer whose MO is shooting people in the balls.

peanutbutter

I quite liked Sully, the central premise is definitely coming from the mind of someone whose brain is rotting but I thought it done a pretty good job of having an upfront conservative/GOP ideology without it being totally at the expense of making a coherent entertaining film. As deranged as its portrayals of the investigators were it didn't outright lie too much about how much of a formality the process involved was.

As a dude who makes middle of the road conservative films, he's pretty good at it. Any film he's done that has hit any notes remotely higher than that was down to the actors involved.