Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:38:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CCXTV (Freeview Channel 23)

Started by timebug, May 31, 2020, 10:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timebug

What the fuck is this channel supposed to be? last night, they advertised a two hour slot (8pm to 10pm) of 'Derek'. Not being a huge fan of Gervais, I thought I would give it a go and see what I made of it. From 8pm to 9pm they showed nothing but adverts, and occasionally dropped in the Station Logo card for five minute stretches. At just after 9pm they showed a 'documentary' on James Dean, which looked as though it cost all of threepence halfpenny to have made! This lasted until around 9.55pm at which time, the channel closes down for the nigh. Okay,so I never got to see if I liked 'Derek' or not. No biggie, I can find it on my streaming doodab anytime I feel like it. But I ask again,what the fuck is this channel supposed to BE?????

BlodwynPig

make a complaint here

Contact CCXTV
Postal address   Ideal Home House
Newark Road
Peterborough
PE1 5WG
Main   ccxtv.co.uk
Official website   idealshoppingdirect.co.uk

Blumf

https://twitter.com/CCXTV1/status/1266824672194244608
QuoteCCXTV @CCXTV1
Again, apologies that we were unable to bring you the premiere of Ricky Tomlinson in Derek, which was due to circumstances beyond our control - we will be showing it next Saturday at 8.00 - it's worth the wait, honestly! In the meantime, we hope you enjoy 'The James Dean Story.'

Bet they'll be gutted to find out you didn't enjoy The James Dean Story.

BTW, it's not Gervais' Derek, but this from 2005:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4933718/

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

JesusAndYourBush

Before CCXTV started (it had been listed as coming soon on Freeview for a couple of months) I was curious to discover what the channel was going to be showing and tried to Google it and discovered it had no net presence whatsoever.

Bazooka

QuoteThere's a bold and beautiful new home for classic entertainment on Freeview. Between 0700 and 2200, CCX TV brings a mix of timeless comedy, original and classic drama, award-winning documentaries and brand-new content to the UK.

Daytimes will give you a glimpse into the lives of celebrities, while in the evening you can share your time with brand new episodes of The Bold and The Beautiful and acclaimed dramas, including Ray Winston in Fox, Nick Berry in Harbour Lights and James Nesbitt in Murphy's Law.

Documentaries include true crime strands, commemorations of the World Wars and some of the greatest moments in history of the last 100 years.

Timeless comedies have a home with Sid James in Bless This House, the original series of Men Behaving Badly, the late Bruce Forsyth in Trippers Day, Windsor Davis and Donald Synden in Never the Twain and Maureen Lipman and Anne Reid in Ladies of Letters. Plus, a new series featuring top American stand-up Dave Hill and his unique brand of humour.

It reads exactly how Airlines advertise their in flight entertainment.

Blumf

ForcesTV is showing Bless this House already, and they've got guns. I don't rate CCXTV's chances, frankly.

timebug

Blumf wrote:
BTW, it's not Gervais' Derek, but this from 2005: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4933718/

Yeh thanks,the onscreen guide did say it was a Ricky Tomlinson vehicle; but the station announcer said several times,that Ricky Gervais would be along 'in a moment' in his finest role as 'Derek'! Left hand not knowing what right hand is doing? Either way I doubt I will be troubling this poxy excuse for a channel anytime soon!

Quote from: Blumf on May 31, 2020, 05:24:00 PM
ForcesTV is showing Bless this House already, and they've got guns. I don't rate CCXTV's chances, frankly.

And Trippers Day, Never The Twain and the original MBB!

bgmnts

Quote from: Blumf on May 31, 2020, 05:24:00 PM

Miami Vice on ForcesTV. How can any channel compete?