Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:23:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Trump sides with fascism.

Started by Kryton, May 31, 2020, 06:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kryton

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1267129644228247552

Declares ANTIFA a terrorist group. So does that mean by default he's pro-fascist?

bgmnts

I think one has to have an entry level understanding of ideology - or anything at all - to be pro or anti something.

Presuming that of Trump is a stretch. He just says things.

Dog Botherer

if only he could form some sort of anti-antifa organization. maybe call them fa, for short.

Wonderful Butternut

Isn't Antifa really decentralised and effectively just a loose collection of various small local groups?

Not sure how easy it'll be to define as a terrorist org.

Dog Botherer

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on May 31, 2020, 06:12:04 PM
Isn't Antifa really decentralised and effectively just a loose collection of various small local groups?

yeah, they make a point not to have to many links because every 10 years or so the government tries this shit

Thursday

Shaun has the best response to infuriate people with regarding antifa

https://twitter.com/shaun_vids/status/1267132846000480257

Barry Admin

idunnosomename

bit like the war on drugs then

Ferris

This whole thing has made me so angry I'm going to just stop following it.

Butchers Blind

Top bantz from Legend Donald.

Head Gardener

On this date June 1 in 1927, The New York Times reported that Fred Trump was arrested at a KKK rally

Kryton

Quote from: Armin Meiwes on June 01, 2020, 08:59:02 PM
This is cool, and normal, from an actual elected politician.

https://twitter.com/mattgaetz/status/1267513356853919744?s=19

Heh I reported him earlier the cartoon-haired cunt.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Kryton on June 01, 2020, 10:27:17 PM
Heh I reported him earlier the cartoon-haired cunt.
hahaha

two of those people are dead now. makes you think.

He held up a Bible in front of a church just now. Antifa better get right with Jehovah!

Kryton

Has the mad fucker declared martial law? Lots of talk on Twitter... Seems like speculation for now?

chveik

yeah it's not an organization. anyone can put an antifa sticker on their shirt. the end goal is to criminalize any dissenting voice.

Kryton

Kryton

Trump: "Taking immediate presidential action...mobilizing all available federal resources, civilian and military...to protect the rights of law abiding Americans including your second amendment rights"

idunnosomename

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on June 02, 2020, 12:41:14 AM
He held up a Bible in front of a church just now. Antifa better get right with Jehovah!
And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and fuck it

chveik

Quote from: Kryton on June 02, 2020, 12:49:23 AM
Trump: "Taking immediate presidential action...mobilizing all available federal resources, civilian and military...to protect the rights of law abiding Americans including your second amendment rights"

what does it man exactly? is he allowing the army to shoot at the protesters?

Kryton

Quote from: chveik on June 02, 2020, 01:12:56 AM

I'm guessing someone with more knowledge of American law can tell us both, I'm merely going off what's been said. I think it needs signing off at least, I doubt the POTUS can just go LOLWacky on his own terms.

Ferris

Quote from: chveik on June 02, 2020, 01:12:56 AM

It means nothing. How is protesting infringing upon anyone's second amendment rights? And if it isn't, then why do they need defending?

It's just bullshit to make uninvolved morons support the incumbent more.

Kryton

Kryton

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on June 02, 2020, 01:21:15 AM
It means nothing. How is protesting infringing upon anyone's second amendment rights? And if it isn't, then why do they need defending?

It's just bullshit to make uninvolved morons support the incumbent more.
Fair enough dude, I'm guessing it has as much weight as his 'terrorist labels' then?

Or is this something he's pushing for?

Kryton

So who is claiming hyperbole, the media or Trump?

https://twitter.com/JamilSmith/status/1267600653519482882

Quote"As we speak, I am dispatching thousands and thousands of heavily armed soldiers, military personnel, and law enforcement officers to stop the rioting, looting, vandalism, assaults, and the wanton destruction of property," he said. "We will end it now."

15 minute old report, ABC news

Ferris

Quote from: Kryton on June 02, 2020, 01:22:16 AM
Fair enough dude, I'm guessing it has as much weight as his 'terrorist labels' then?

Or is this something he's pushing for?

Not a clue! I suspect branding someone/something as a terrorist organization gives the DoHS more absurd powers to detain, and as they're a federal agency they fall under the remit of the idiot in the Oval Office so I understand why he's trying that. It's also a good branding exercise - I'm not ordering the military to indiscriminately shoot US citizens on the streets, I'm fighting domestic terror!