Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,382
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:17:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Iain Lee Patreon Podcasts

Started by Satchmo Distel, June 01, 2020, 10:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

No show tonight as it would seem (judging by his tweets) he has relapsed.

He has Tweeted that he is "back at Day 1" so that's pretty clear. He needs our support at this time and we should leave this thread alone for a while except for that purpose.

Dusty Substance

Quote from: DrGreggles on September 26, 2020, 02:33:58 PM
He's doing a Lost re-watch on Twitch now too.
I was genuinely thinking about doing a re-watch of it myself, so this could be a decent companion.

As a Lost head I was intrigued enough to watch his stream of S1.E1 and actually quite enjoyed hearing what he had to say about the show and the cast. There are well over 100 episodes of Lost, so he may end abandoning this new show, but I'm happy to hear him talk about Lost rather than the usual stuff.

NoOffenceLynn

Quote from: Satchmo Distel on September 29, 2020, 12:21:06 AM
He has Tweeted that he is "back at Day 1" so that's pretty clear. He needs our support at this time and we should leave this thread alone for a while except for that purpose.

Yeah agree, he's obviously not in a great place at the moment after his relapse and probably doesn't need criticism on top of everything else.

Just dipped into this and he's got 3300 people watching. That's 5x what he was getting last time I looked and on a par with some big gamer types.

That's because Twitch put him on the UK front page on Thursdays.

And apparently those figures aren't accurate because if you  view the front page that counts as a view for them. It's not people actually clicking and watching the stream.

Ham Bap

Banned from Twitch for showing dildos or something online last night. Missed it tbh but someone just said on Limmy's stream.
Channel is currently gone and Iain tweeted about it then deleted the tweet.

Big Mclargehuge

Quote from: Ham Bap on November 18, 2020, 10:32:46 AM
Banned from Twitch for showing dildos or something online last night. Missed it tbh but someone just said on Limmy's stream.
Channel is currently gone and Iain tweeted about it then deleted the tweet.

Yeh, basically they decided to do a super long stream as he had 11 hours to make up for this month. started at around 6pmish and ran all the way to just past midnight, but about 2 hours in they fell into a conversation about a guy who faked a urine test by using a false sample, only the sample he submitted showed he was pregnant...anyway; that led on to a website that was selling synthetic urine to people with urine fetishes. and in particular a site where you could buy dildos that squirted whatever substance you put inside them. he rang the sex shop that was selling them and tried to sell them his own urine to save on them making it. then he flicked through the site more just looking at dildos and fleshlights (All of which were on screen) before he finally realised it may not be the best idea to be showing these things at 8/9pm then he clicked away.

The irony of this all being that when he did twig he just kept saying "Oh shit! ToS! ToS! we're gonna get banned!" and then he did.

As an aside (as i've been meaning to drop back into this thread) I think the shows started to take on more of a shape over the last few weeks. it's finally got it's own groove and vibe and while it's not always my thing (im not as keen on it as his radio stuff) it's fine as something to have on in the background while im pillocking about on Super smash bros.

If I was being critical I'd say im not too keen on them styling themselves as "We're a show where things are a bit crap!" mainly because you can only really get away with that kind of mentality if you've shown that your actually capable of making good content (I.E if your really good at making a great shows, if you make an intentionally crap show, people know it's intentionally crap and get behind it because they're in on the joke See; "Adult Swims" entire roster) here it just feels like they're making a crap show and trying to pass it off as better than it is with an "ahhhhhhh" style nod and a wink...which doesnt really do it for me. theres also STILL WAAAAY too much time spent sorting out audio and visuals...which I wouldnt mind but Iains doing nearly weekly tech tests these days for 2-3 hours at a time OUTSIDE of the shows...so whats going on there!?

thr0b

That's the show! THAT is the SHOW.

As he would say.

Big Mclargehuge

Quote from: thr0b on November 18, 2020, 12:07:32 PM
That's the show! THAT is the SHOW.

As he would say.

Consider the lily...Ahhhh... Etc Etc

thats another point though you raise...he waves that statement around like a magic wand! I STILL dont know what the show is and i've been watching this since Day 1 and his radio shows for years xD Obviously I dont mind technical difficulties and the likes; those things happen to the best of us from time to time. but like I say; you cant self style as intentionally crap if you never demonstrated you were good to begin with

Thosworth

Just to add, for a show about peace and love, out of all the Twitch streams I watch, it is the most dictatorial, censorious and toxic relationship between streamer and chat that I've seen - it's often people trying to help that get time outs. At this point I think anyone still in chat has Stockholm Syndrome. But of course, being a dick is All Part Of The Act.

Ham Bap

Quote from: Big Mclargehuge on November 18, 2020, 11:58:46 AM
Yeh, basically they decided to do a super long stream as he had 11 hours to make up for this month. started at around 6pmish and ran all the way to just past midnight, but about 2 hours in they fell into a conversation about a guy who faked a urine test by using a false sample, only the sample he submitted showed he was pregnant...anyway; that led on to a website that was selling synthetic urine to people with urine fetishes. and in particular a site where you could buy dildos that squirted whatever substance you put inside them. he rang the sex shop that was selling them and tried to sell them his own urine to save on them making it. then he flicked through the site more just looking at dildos and fleshlights (All of which were on screen) before he finally realised it may not be the best idea to be showing these things at 8/9pm then he clicked away.

The irony of this all being that when he did twig he just kept saying "Oh shit! ToS! ToS! we're gonna get banned!" and then he did.

As an aside (as i've been meaning to drop back into this thread) I think the shows started to take on more of a shape over the last few weeks. it's finally got it's own groove and vibe and while it's not always my thing (im not as keen on it as his radio stuff) it's fine as something to have on in the background while im pillocking about on Super smash bros.

If I was being critical I'd say im not too keen on them styling themselves as "We're a show where things are a bit crap!" mainly because you can only really get away with that kind of mentality if you've shown that your actually capable of making good content (I.E if your really good at making a great shows, if you make an intentionally crap show, people know it's intentionally crap and get behind it because they're in on the joke See; "Adult Swims" entire roster) here it just feels like they're making a crap show and trying to pass it off as better than it is with an "ahhhhhhh" style nod and a wink...which doesnt really do it for me. theres also STILL WAAAAY too much time spent sorting out audio and visuals...which I wouldnt mind but Iains doing nearly weekly tech tests these days for 2-3 hours at a time OUTSIDE of the shows...so whats going on there!?

Thanks for the info. Looks like he's been suspended from Twitch for a week as he's saying he'll be back next Wednesday night.
I haven't been watching for the past number of weeks.
I can't really get into it and I'm always thinking it'll probably be gone next year anyway so why bother investing myself into it.
I never missed a radio show or always made a point to put it on when I could. It was great.

Things might have been improving but I never got the impression they put any time into this before the show.
As you say technical issues and trying to get things working for the first half an hour then shouting 'THIS IS THE SHOW'.

And it was always toxic and aggressive and they only seem to come to life when they're aggressive against a caller or someone in chat. I don't find it great to listen to/watch after a day of work when I'm looking to unwind.
Also not that great when they're always professing peace and love and whatnot.

I like Iain Lee and I'll always keep an eye on what's going on but it's sorta a love/hate thing now. In that I loved the radio show and the chaos and mayhem but hate this where it just annoys me.

thr0b

I like Iain Lee, but I don't like this show.

His best shows were those where it felt like he was railing against the bosses; an oasis of entertainment on an otherwise strictly formatted station.

Without restrictions or a strong producer, it doesn't work for me.

Big Mclargehuge

Quote from: thr0b on November 18, 2020, 04:48:59 PM
I like Iain Lee, but I don't like this show.

His best shows were those where it felt like he was railing against the bosses; an oasis of entertainment on an otherwise strictly formatted station.

Without restrictions or a strong producer, it doesn't work for me.

I'd agree with that, the joy of the talk radio, 3CR and LBC shows were that they seemed effortless, but were very carefully structured. they had beats, hit points. A playground that Lee would run roughshod through. without the feel of a producer, the structure and the diverse audience it kind of deteriorates into a simultaineous love in married to attacking anyone who isnt 100% behind what they're doing. like I say...it used to be a show i'd listen to pretty intently. Now it's something I have on in the background while im busy with other things...it's just noise.

He appears to be laughing off the ban on Twitter but I can't believe he's not privately shattered by it. On the other hand, the sexual content has been borderline for a while, due to having so little other material.

Ham Bap

Yeah he seems very flippant on Twitter. Twitch must be paying at least 70k a year for this show and he's scraping an average of 1000 viewers a night.
Honestly can't see them paying up for the same next year. No doubt he'll be indignant as per usual when they do stop paying.

MrMrs

No one's mentioned the abrupt stop last week...

Everything seemed fine, they were watching clips of Cliff Richard,both laughing, both seemed fine.

Then they took a call, Alistair I think, Kath wasn't saying anything, Iain kept giving little side glances as if he sensed something was wrong.  He made a daft gag to lighten mood/test the water.  Kath didn't react.  He asked her if she was okay.  She said no and could they stop for a min and that was the end of the stream.  I couldn't see what on earth caused it.

When they returned the following show, Iain just said it was something private between them and they wouldn't talk about it.

Menu

Quote from: tubbsthespidergigolo2 on November 20, 2020, 09:16:40 PM
No one's mentioned the abrupt stop last week...

Everything seemed fine, they were watching clips of Cliff Richard,both laughing, both seemed fine.

Then they took a call, Alistair I think, Kath wasn't saying anything, Iain kept giving little side glances as if he sensed something was wrong.  He made a daft gag to lighten mood/test the water.  Kath didn't react.  He asked her if she was okay.  She said no and could they stop for a min and that was the end of the stream.  I couldn't see what on earth caused it.

When they returned the following show, Iain just said it was something private between them and they wouldn't talk about it.

He must have done a big guff.

thenoise

Dusty Substance

As a quick aside, which other Twitch channels should I be following? I signed up a couple of months ago and the only comedy accounts I  follow are Iain Lee, Richard Herring, David Edwards and Limmy.

DrGreggles

David Earl

Got my Davids mixed up.

Ham Bap