Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:39:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Iain Lee Patreon Podcasts

Started by Satchmo Distel, June 01, 2020, 10:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Quote from: Ham Bap on November 20, 2020, 01:06:21 PM
Yeah he seems very flippant on Twitter. Twitch must be paying at least 70k a year for this show and he's scraping an average of 1000 viewers a night.
Honestly can't see them paying up for the same next year. No doubt he'll be indignant as per usual when they do stop paying.

More fool Twitch to be fair.

Thosworth

terrymynott deserves a larger audience. He's pretty entertaining.

Quote from: Thosworth on November 22, 2020, 09:06:14 PM
terrymynott deserves a larger audience. He's pretty entertaining.

No he isn't. He's a professional comedy actor who had his own channel four sitcom, yet on Twitch does the usual lazy stuff of playing the same game every day and watching old episodes of Spender.  Still though, he does come across as a nice chap.

Seems theres more problems in the world of TLNA. Iain's dissapered from Twitter and Kaths saying she'll need the support of the community.

thr0b

I understand she'll be doing the show solo for a bit.

If you believe DS, Iain's kids have COVID. I'd expect that'll have done nothing for his mental health, and as such he's offline for a bit.

Ham Bap

Quote from: Satchmo Distel on December 21, 2020, 09:56:24 AM
What did Kath mean by that?

Edit * Never mind

Kath is doing the show solo for 3 weeks, if I'm reading her Twitter correctly. Iain has suspended Patreon until February. The support she's requesting is from mods and the folks who post in the chat.

He's relapsed and going to rehab for January.

Menu

Alcohol? Sad. Hope he gets better. He does seem to have the whole world on his shoulders at times - which can't make for great radio.

Bazooka

I thought he was fond of the white stuff?

thr0b

He's an addict generally; alcohol and drugs are his things. He was clean for many years, but it seems this year has been hard for him and he's relapsed a few times.

Good for him going for rehab.

Ham Bap

Can't see they're being a show on Twitch in 6 months, not one that Twitch will be paying for anyway.
It just hasn't worked out has it.
He's not long back after having his Twitch account suspended for showing dildos.

This time last year he was just back from suspension at Talk Radio for slagging off other presenters.
Theres a certain self destructive quality to Iain and his career.

Hope he gets himself sorted but the show hasn't been entertaining, for me, since he left the radio.

Rev+

Not a Twitter user, but if you're someone who normally talks to him on there maybe jump on now.  Just had a quick look to see what was going on with the show, and he's talking alarmingly.

Menu

bgmnts

Oh aye yeah having a good old social media whinge it seems.

Probably best to get off stuff like that if you've a propensity for stepping into dark spaces.

Rev+

Not sure what 'I'm more miserable and in more pain than than I've been for decades and not one cunt is listening' has to with social media.  Technically it's a whinge.

McDead

Edited: bit unnecessary, sorry about the edit bug

I hope he gets the help he needs.

Menu

I don't think he's in the right job. He needs to retrain and do something that makes him less anxious. It's painful to see this.

I think I agree with most of above.

I love then both and feel so sorry for Iain.

The Twitch show isn't working out the way he hoped viewer wise. They keep saying it'll grow but I'm not sure it will and my observations are channels seem to reach peaks they never move on from, Limmy included.  Despite TLNA getting numbers most Twitchers would kill for, it's presumably embarrassing for a celeb like Iain - I think that's how he feels.

Kath now presenting solo for a few weeks won't help. She's important to the show and works wonderfully with Iain but at the end of the day it's Iain people are there for. Shes like Robin on Howard Stern - who wants to listen to Robin present for weeks?

Oh ... remind me ... what's the full story about the fall out with Babcock?

chveik

depression's no joke but he also sounds like a massive narcissist

Big Mclargehuge

Quote from: tubbsthespidergigolo2 on January 01, 2021, 01:46:34 PM

Oh ... remind me ... what's the full story about the fall out with Babcock?

If memory serves, the long and short of it was that Iain and Babcock had agreed to raid each other after each others streams if they were both online at the same time (Send people from there streams over to the other persons automatically) But Babcock forgot to do it a couple of times, or sent his audience to other people rather than Iain so he got the huff, unplesent words were exchanged and the pair agreed to go their seperate ways. I dont think theres any ill will there. But they move in different circles now.

On that note; I feel terrible for Iain, and as someone who has someone very close to them who is going through similar things. I can only begin to imagine the kind of pain he's going through on this one. I hope rehab does him some good and im hoping he can get back on his feet sooner rather than later.

Quote from: Menu on January 01, 2021, 09:05:23 AM
I don't think he's in the right job. He needs to retrain and do something that makes him less anxious. It's painful to see this.

He's currently training to become a Councillor, I dont know what kind of an impact his relapses have had on his studying. but the original plan was for him to study to become a councillor for 2 years doing the twitch show to fund it, then when he qualified either go into councilling full time and bin twitch off alltogether or relax the twitch show to maybe just a couple of times a week (or whenever worked)

Quote from: chveik on January 01, 2021, 01:58:22 PM
depression's no joke but he also sounds like a massive narcissist

He's admitted multiple times on his stream that he believes he should be doing better than he is. he thinks he deserves to have Gervais or Cohens level of success (or at least; that he should be in a position where he doesnt have to keep hustling for work) theres definitely an ego there (not that thats a bad thing, or even really undeserved given where he's come from and where he's ended up) if anything the depression will probably be supressing his ego at the minute (Y'know...the whole sense of worthlessness/pointlessness in everything etc) I hope he gets better and I hope he finds whatever it is he needs to move on from the industry. as it's clearly not his wheelhouse anymore.

Menu

Quote from: Big Mclargehuge on January 01, 2021, 07:42:12 PM

He's currently training to become a Councillor, I dont know what kind of an impact his relapses have had on his studying. but the original plan was for him to study to become a councillor for 2 years doing the twitch show to fund it, then when he qualified either go into councilling full time and bin twitch off alltogether or relax the twitch show to maybe just a couple of times a week (or whenever worked)

Ah I remember someone saying he was considering that. I dunno though. Is it a good idea? It sounds like he needs to take a break from this sort of thing, not do it full time. Must be so hard though. Three of the people he worked with in the 90s have overtaken him and gone stratospheric. Can't do the ego much good.

He's had an amazing career compared to most though. That's how he should view it.

I don't understand how he can be bitter about his old friends success though when he hasn't really created anything to deserve it like they have.

He seems to have his priorities backwards. Like "all I want is 5 million people watching, and then I'll actually bother to make something".

Dunt werk like dat.

MrMrs

yeah, he seems very bitter and entitled, despite having done fuck all

he should 100% not be a councilor

PlanktonSideburns

has he thought about maybe going to work in a supermarket or a warehouse for a bit?

get some exersise, bit of bantz to cheer him up a bit, knock him down a peg or two

Celebrities can become counsellors or therapists, Jet from Gladiators and the football Commentator Gary Bloom did. But ideally you need to address a lot of your issues before embarking on the rigours of the training. Most courses are massively emotionally demanding.

imitationleather

Quote from: Excellent_Biscuits on January 02, 2021, 07:13:44 AM
I don't understand how he can be bitter about his old friends success though when he hasn't really created anything to deserve it like they have.

Definitely. I don't know how he can even begin to look at their careers and view how it has panned out like that.

Quote from: Big Mclargehuge on January 01, 2021, 07:42:12 PM
He's admitted multiple times on his stream that he believes he should be doing better than he is. he thinks he deserves to have Gervais or Cohens level of success.
Not sure that's totally true.  Hasn't he said that's how he USED TO feel?

thr0b

Quote from: tubbsthespidergigolo2 on January 02, 2021, 06:52:26 PM
Not sure that's totally true.  Hasn't he said that's how he USED TO feel?

I'd go with that. He's definitely been jealous of them in the past, and would clearly like their money. Equally, he's hinted at being fed up with being famous, hence the training as a counsellor instead.